Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

• 1 month later...

Aw, first John's girlfriend, then Jesse, now we lost Charlie and Derek

:( and it looks like John Henry might not actually be skynet, or perhaps, not yet.

why are you putting Jesse with Riley, Charlie, and Derek? Jesse brought it on herself, and I don't think Derek killed her.

Derek death was a let down thought it should be moor heroic like Charles.

Yeah, it was pretty lame but I didn't expected it. It felt rushed.

I get the feeling that John Henry is not Skynet and that Mrs. Weaver isn't the antagonist. She didn't jump at the chance to see Sarah so she can kill her or John.

John Henry's "brother" seems more like Skynet IMO.

Yeah, it was pretty lame but I didn't expected it. It felt rushed.

I get the feeling that John Henry is not Skynet and that Mrs. Weaver isn't the antagonist. She didn't jump at the chance to see Sarah so she can kill her or John.

John Henry's "brother" seems more like Skynet IMO.

Was the terminator trying to kill the kid with the ones trying to capture Sara, Cameron, Derek, and John or with sky net from the future

Ever since they brought weaver in to the story I have wondered why she was trying to develop a thinking computer when she could simply upload data from her own computer, or what ever she uses to think with to a super computer, or build her own thinking machine in stead of stealing one.

Edited by miles316

I'm a little curious about that myself. Skynet feared the T-1000 after completing it as it was the next closest thing to being either as smart or smarter than skynet itself.

But the T-1000 is a completely independent unit, it can do whatever it wants which is why it refused to work with the resistance when the question was asked. (Was that Weaver or could it of been another T-1000? I missed that whole part)

I think John Henry is half of the whole picture and the worm is that second half which will form skynet and blow us all to bits.

But here's what I thought of the deaths...

Riley: You saw it coming, the entire season as she was getting closer to John, YOU KNEW she was going to get the axe. It was just a question of who would do it? Cameron? Chromarti (Obviously not) Derek? But as it got further along you could just smell the whore battle between her and Jesse, it was gonna rain a poop storm real soon. But surprisingly when it came down to the final bell, Riley did a real number of Jesse and kind of F'ed her up good, only to get a shot at the end.

Jesse: I debated it...I wasn't sure at all on what her plan was that involved John. All we knew was that she was using Riley to get close to John and get away from Cameron. But why? What possible recourse would there be on doing this? So she didn't trust Terminators, she did before, but after the Jimmy Carter incident she didn't. Maybe she held a grudge against John because she lost her unborn child?

What's more is we didn't really see if she did get killed by Derek...you suspect she was, but maybe she'll pop up in next weeks episode? or maybe in season 3 (if it comes). John wanted her to live, but Derek claims he killed her.

Charlie: I feel bad for him, he thought he lost sarah and john and had to move on. Got married, was living a good life. Then Sarah comes back, Charlie gets involved, his wife ends up being killed and later trying to save John he ends up getting shot up himself. Personally I didn't think he really needed to show up again after vanishing when his wife died in the hospital. But I guess it was just time for him to go.

Derek: WTF? Why would they of done that?! And to make matters worse, he just walked right into it! He knew something was going on, and he's got the "military training" to know better, but he took an fin bullet to the skull.

I felt really ripped off as he just wasn't a character that I wanted to die. He was the only connection John had to Kyle and he knew that, both knew that pretty well.

So now John has lost three most important people to him and then the kicker was what happened to Sarah at the end.

Personally, season 2 was a lack luster after the first episode, and kind of clicked on and off, swayed around the course up until now.

If they do a Season 3, it better kick more ass than this one.

I'm a little curious about that myself. Skynet feared the T-1000 after completing it as it was the next closest thing to being either as smart or smarter than skynet itself.

But the T-1000 is a completely independent unit, it can do whatever it wants which is why it refused to work with the resistance when the question was asked. (Was that Weaver or could it of been another T-1000? I missed that whole part)

If they do a Season 3, it better kick more ass than this one.

Were did you find this out?

Mostly novels and information sites from back in the day.

According to what I read the T-1000 used up a lot of resources to create which was difficult for Skynet because it put a damper in creating more units/troops and infiltrators and HK's to help keep the balance of power tilted more towards it's favor.

Skynet never really created that many T-1000's as it was one of the last prototypes it was able to create before its defense grid was smashed and John Connors resistance troops took over. But there were believed to be still a handful of units left after Skynet had lost the war.

I'm gonna have to look around and see if I could find this stuff again. There was REALLY neat stuff about the first set of terminators and HK's and some really creepy crap about the 500/600 units used for pyscological warfare.

Sorry to be a newbie with this thread....sorry to waist anyones time!!(wow 2 sorry,s in one sentence..overkill??)

But I,m considering getting into this series,my questions are..

1.is it worth it...from a story arc point of view?

2. is it worth it...from an acting point?

3. and most importantly from a special effects point?(the few episodes I have seen it,s all been present day...which is the main plot right?,but I want to see endos...walking around f*#@ing people up...does it have this atleast randomly?,comments on the cgi?)

THANX. B))

Honestly.....

1.is it worth it...from a story arc point of view?

A: The story arch is very slow, espically in the first season. If you haven't seen it I don't want to give it away, it builds up a bit from the start and the middle, but it cools down in the end.

2. is it worth it...from an acting point?

A: Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the acting. It's watchable from that point.

3. and most importantly from a special effects point?(the few episodes I have seen it,s all been present day...which is the main plot right?,but I want to see endos...walking around f*#@ing people up...does it have this atleast randomly?,comments on the cgi?)

THANX. cool.gif

A The endo appearances are very small and inbetween. Flash back episodes mostly, and a couple of shots of chromarti in his endoskeleton form but it's not the best CG in the world either. BSG had better render shots then SCC.

The show is more drama than it is action or sci/fi. There's more to do with the "human condition" and life than there is about laying the smack down metal on metal.

Just watched the most recent episode online. All I have to say is:

WTF is up with off'ing Derek Reese? Not only that, he went out lame!

Yeah. Wtf is right. Was NOT happy about that at all.

Charlie too. "HEY, welcome back to the sho-....no, never mind. You're a floater. Get the same exact feeling I was left with after seeing The Departed.

Feh.

I have a theory

Couple episodes ago, we saw Jessie and her sub crew obtain a box that contained a T-1000.

Future Connor and the Resistance were trying to get it to join their side...It said "No"

Perhaps Weaver is another T-1000 that they got to join their side and sent it back in time.

If Skynet being created is inevitable, maybe Connor hoped to mold it's AI into having good morals while it was in it's infancy.

Basically, to get to it before it turned into the genocidal, nuke launching force it was known to become.

Just basing this on Weaver having the psychologist and now Ellison trying to teach John Henry human morals.

And John Henry mentioning Kane and Abel in the last ep.

*shrug*

I have a theory

Couple episodes ago, we saw Jessie and her sub crew obtain a box that contained a T-1000.

Future Connor and the Resistance were trying to get it to join their side...It said "No"

Perhaps Weaver is another T-1000 that they got to join their side and sent it back in time.

If Skynet being created is inevitable, maybe Connor hoped to mold it's AI into having good morals while it was in it's infancy.

Basically, to get to it before it turned into the genocidal, nuke launching force it was known to become.

Just basing this on Weaver having the psychologist and now Ellison trying to teach John Henry human morals.

*shrug*

So what are those people in the secret factory in the desert doing building drones are they being directed by a terminator to build a backup plan to prevent the future destruction of Skynet?

Did Weaver send the terminator to replace Ellison, or was that Skynet from the future because he had contact with the Connors?

Just watched the most recent episode online. All I have to say is:

WTF is up with off'ing Derek Reese? Not only that, he went out lame!

I had the same feeling at first, but....

The recent episode has toward this direction/ conclusion - John Corner will have to face the future alone. Not with his gilrfriend, family, mother or friends etc...

That is is inevitable.

I have a theory

*shrug*

I've been thinking along the same lines too. However, I was kinda thinking that it's the same T-1000 but from Derek's timeline, when Jessie wasn't onboard the Jimmy Carter to interrupt the transaction and it agreed to join John Connor and go back into the past.

Why else would it rather protect John Henry than to assassinate Sarah Connor. Also, wasn't the only time Weaver went into full Terminator mode her attack on that desert facility making the proto HKs? At that time, I thought she wanted to cover her tracks... but what if her mission is to eradicate any early signs of future skynet and groom John Henry into "good" skynet...

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Why else would it rather protect John Henry than to assassinate Sarah Connor. Also, wasn't the only time Weaver went into full Terminator mode her attack on that desert facility making the proto HKs? At that time, I thought she wanted to cover her tracks... but what if her mission is to eradicate any early signs of future skynet and groom John Henry into "good" skynet...

You forgot when she stabbed one of her pion's in the bath room.

I've been thinking along the same lines too. However, I was kinda thinking that it's the same T-1000 but from Derek's timeline, when Jessie wasn't onboard the Jimmy Carter to interrupt the transaction and it agreed to join John Connor and go back into the past.

Nice! Great point on the different time lines, expands on the theory even better. In addition to what miles316 said, I think she also killed the guy from the Nuclear Plant outside of the bar and then assumed the identity of an African American man and made a public statement about the future of the plant. The plant that would be a key strategic point for the resistance in the future.

I also joked with my friend that it would be funny if they killed off John Connor. He was like, "they can't do that"

To which I replied, "why not? The show's called the Sarah Connor Chronicles, not the John Connor Chronicles :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

I remember reading somewhere on the net that TTSC Season 2 would be the last season; they were going to officially announce cancellation after the finale. I also remember some people saying that it was a reliable source, but that it would never be backed by an official rep in the event that it may impact the remaining audience views for the last few shows.

Regardless, I liked the series, but they started to get more and more metaphorical as they went, which eventually dragged out the series' progression until it slowed to a crawl. Also, the religious references started off alright, but just became overwhelming. Eventually it got to the point where I thought that there would be no possible way for Sarah to find John Henry after losing track of the Turk, since she would not know where to start. The last episode confirmed that to me... Finding Savannah's picture on a cell phone of one of the employees? What a stretch. At first I thought they were contracted to kill Savannah later and thus had no affiliation with Weaver, but that would mean that the terminator sent for Savannah right after would have had to have been under their control as well. And Weaver still had no incentive to murder her own daughter with her own men, even though IT was her own men who implanted the chip into Sarah. Even so, its strange that any of her employees would have a picture of Savannah.. on their cell after they died. Are they pedos?

There's really no way to link this together cohesively without there being a sharp conflict with who's on who's side. Regardless, I just think the writers couldn't come up with a better idea of how to finally bring Sarah down the right path to John Henry, and used the cellphone picture as a deus ex machina.

Also, I doubt that Weaver is trying to make a 'good' skynet. I thought about it before, but there is just too much evidence to contradict that. She doesn't value human life, and ruthlessly dispatches anyone who could possibly oppose her. She also loves to prey on manipulating others... I don't think any 'good' thing could emerge after being twisted by her.

Edited by Cent

I remember reading somewhere on the net that TTSC Season 2 would be the last season; they were going to officially announce cancellation after the finale. I also remember some people saying that it was a reliable source, but that it would never be backed by an official rep in the event that it may impact the remaining audience views for the last few shows.

Regardless, I liked the series, but they started to get more and more metaphorical as they went, which eventually dragged out the series' progression until it slowed to a crawl. Also, the religious references started off alright, but just became overwhelming. Eventually it got to the point where I thought that there would be no possible way for Sarah to find John Henry after losing track of the Turk, since she would not know where to start. The last episode confirmed that to me... Finding Savannah's picture on a cell phone of one of the employees? What a stretch. At first I thought they were contracted to kill Savannah later and thus had no affiliation with Weaver, but that would mean that the terminator sent for Savannah right after would have had to have been under their control as well. And Weaver still had no incentive to murder her own daughter with her own men, even though IT was her own men who implanted the chip into Sarah. Even so, its strange that any of her employees would have a picture of Savannah.. on their cell after they died. Are they pedos?

There's really no way to link this together cohesively without there being a sharp conflict with who's on who's side. Regardless, I just think the writers couldn't come up with a better idea of how to finally bring Sarah down the right path to John Henry, and used the cellphone picture as a deus ex machina.

Also, I doubt that Weaver is trying to make a 'good' skynet. I thought about it before, but there is just too much evidence to contradict that. She doesn't value human life, and ruthlessly dispatches anyone who could possibly oppose her. She also loves to prey on manipulating others... I don't think any 'good' thing could emerge after being twisted by her.

I don't think it was Weaver's men that kidnapped Sarah. The bald guy who kidnapped Sarah worked at the factory in the desert and Weaver blew it up. I believe that the guys that captured Derek, the guys that attacked the light house, and the terminator that attacked the Weaver resident were John Henry's "brother"'s men. It tried to hack John Henry but failed so it retaliated. That's why the men had a picture of Savannah on their phones. It was there next target. A terminator was sent to do the job because humans are taken out easily.

Like others have said, I think Weaver is on the "good" side. I don't see the contradicting evidence at all. Sure she was ruthless but her actions were to stop the evil Skynet.

Derek was good role for Brian Austin Green. It showed that theyrunt from the 90201 cast grew up to be a TV leading man. He is going to be on another show so this might be why he was killed off. I would have preferred Sarah just told him he wasn't needed and to get lost. You then bring him back next sense. Only to get killed off then.

There are two rumors going around. One is that his character returns next season but from a different time. I doubt that with him doing another show. Another rumor is that it unlikely the show will come back for a third season. What you're seeing now might just be trying to give some sort of a closure just in case there isn't a another season.

Damn. How are they going to tie up all the loose ends and story arcs in 1 episode??

They might not be able to. If a network decides to not carry through with any more scripts, then a show can just end without fan-fare or anything. It just ends. Happens all the time. Normally much sooner, but it happens.

Yeah pretty much a bummer when you get down to it. They'd have better viewership if they had better writers personally. Or if they were getting straight to the point with a few twists here and there but a lot of episodes didn't feel Terminator like....they felt like a drama that had no background.

Well, maybe one day they'll continue it and be on a different channel...Fox is horrible place to put sci/fi dramas.

I blame shows American Idol.

Fox has a season line up and then comes the current run of American Idol. It is on two days a week. Time to restructure the schedule. Adjusting one day is okay but two.

The most surprising thing about the series was that it lasted so long.

I just read that Shirley Manson appeared in it. Was she any good? I love Garbage.

Taksraven

Shirley Manson's a regular on the show as a T-1000 Terminator. We do get a treat of her every now and then killing hapless humans B)) Her last one in the desert was a nice massacre.

As for the show getting the axe, I hope someone else that likes sci-fi shows picks it up. Fox has been horrible for sci-fi, and the 2 shows coming immediately to mind suffering there are Space: Above and Beyond and now TSCC.

Shirley Manson's a regular on the show as a T-1000 Terminator. We do get a treat of her every now and then killing hapless humans B)) Her last one in the desert was a nice massacre.

As for the show getting the axe, I hope someone else that likes sci-fi shows picks it up. Fox has been horrible for sci-fi, and the 2 shows coming immediately to mind suffering there are Space: Above and Beyond and now TSCC.

Don't forget Firefly...

-b.

I wonder if the new movie was released sooner it might have generated more buzz for the show? Perhaps helping with the ratings. It was just starting to get good I felt.

One theory I have about the plot is that John Henry is one of two Skynet type intelligences. The other being from the future. Maybe the future war really starts as a battle between the two skynets. One skynet, the evil one, defeats John Henry on judgement day. Humans are simply bystanders to the larger war between machines.

Garbage chick's character is simply protecting John Henry for the greater good of humanity. She has to keep things secret for the obvious reason that humans, i.e. Sarah Connor and company, will not understand and will want to destroy it regardless.