Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

The fx look decent (I really love the scene where the building explodes blowing off the terminators flesh), but the way the lines are delivered reminds me of a fan film. <_<

Edited by GobotFool

Looks pretty good; so I take back anything negative I might've said. Terminator girl is defintely a hottie!

Thats the crazy girl from the Serenity movie (Firefly for TV) and had some good fight scenes. She looks like she really knows how to fight, not like she was just trained for movie scenes. And yes she is a hottie...

The fx look decent (I really love the scene where the building explodes blowing off the terminators flesh), but the way the lines are delivered reminds me of a fan film. <_<

At first that's what I thought it was. I don't see this lasting long if it's even picked up. I don't think you can draw out a Terminator storyline week after week. It could get really boring. Look at the films, all three seem to take place over a few days. It's pacing is what made them enjoyable since it right to the point. If they decide to make it action based I doubt they could give it a big enough budget to make it worthwhile week after week..

At first that's what I thought it was. I don't see this lasting long if it's even picked up. I don't think you can draw out a Terminator storyline week after week. It could get really boring. Look at the films, all three seem to take place over a few days. It's pacing is what made them enjoyable since it right to the point. If they decide to make it action based I doubt they could give it a big enough budget to make it worthwhile week after week..

I kind of agree, but at the same time, dependent on how well they can carry the story they might not need as big a budget as we think.

I kind of agree, but at the same time, dependent on how well they can carry the story they might not need as big a budget as we think.

The 1st terminator movie was a very low budget peice of work. So if they keep the vibe of the 1st movie this could work. If they try and make it terminator 2 every week they are going to have trouble. But yeah, chase movies work because they only last around 2 hours. A whole series based on a chase movie theme runs into the problem of feeling like a high octane tom and jerry. Hey, "havn't we passed that door 20 times?" or "Hey, didn't we just slam a tank into you? shouldn't you be like, dead?" (course, being a terminator does help with that 2nd issue) ;)

If they make it like x-files and have the governments and police involved as well it could be interesting with lots of twists. Something like prison break (keeping low profile to avoid putting too much info in the databases for the terminators to dig up on you) combined with xfiles (the terminators become increasingly more sophisticated and futuristic, adding layers of mystery) and terminator 1. (car chases and the paranoia that the terminator is hiding amongst normal people or disguised as a cop, using the cops to gain advantage by impersonating them)

If it goes t2 with more morphing and stuff, it could make the fighting more interesting. Instead of just shooting it would "try to get close and almost kill but just miss the target" which is what goes on a lot in no.2. (elevator scene for example) Suspense, mystery, action, and a bit of drama. (like a reality tv version of what it would be like to live without any permanent safety) Maybe show how john gradually gets tougher and more mean. But also fights against senseless killing. (not actually being comfortable trying to act like some soldier that his mother wants to raise him up as when he is just a kid)

Prison break with terminators! :D

If the series goes on long enough it gradually gets darker and leads to all out war with machines once the military finds the remains of the robots to use in their defenses. (ie post apoc world like appleseed comics?) People are warned on national tv about the existence of them and this leads to global panic, causing riots and suspicion which only makes the human side worse. Who do you trust? Maybe the people in your government are terminators using diguises and plotting all these events in current day? (ha I'll avoid jokes of the governator rising in power to lead robot army) What happens when people learn that jon conner has a robot friend? You can't fight robots if the people don't trust you and you are using one to be a bodyguard. That is just hypocrisy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If they make it like x-files and have the governments and police involved as well it could be interesting with lots of twists.

That's true. It could be worth watching then! But I'm not gonna hold my breath on that. So far the ONLY intelligent thing they've done is to axe the continuity. It's a shame though because many of the fans that are gonna watch it because of the movies will walk away empty handed.

I see this tanking like Drive did. :mellow:

have the producers said specifically that they're ditching T3? There's some wiggle room right? Srah is supposed to die in what.. 1997? so there's a few years between T2 and her death where this series could take place.

Though.. it would be kind of a bummer character arc for John though... goes from jaded and cynical to outright bun. hah.

have the producers said specifically that they're ditching T3? There's some wiggle room right? Srah is supposed to die in what.. 1997? so there's a few years between T2 and her death where this series could take place.

Though.. it would be kind of a bummer character arc for John though... goes from jaded and cynical to outright bun. hah.

The only big bump with the overall continuity between the series and T3 would be that Johns narrative at the beginnig suggests that the terminators in 2 were the last he saw until the events in T3. If they have writers good enough to gloss over that than this may work out.

More like Firefly with terminators. If anyone carries the series it will be Summer Glau. But i have heard that she will just be in the pilot episode.

On the topic of cancellation. Years ago TV shows used to run a pilot episode to test the waters and see if it was a viable product. Then the show would continue when the next broadcast season started. These days the problem is that the studios want the series to be an instant hit and just plop it on the TV with no pilot. Maybe if they went back to the old ways we would see some of the better shows like Firefly and such lasting longer. Instead we get stuffed with crap like reality TV.

Edited by HWR MKII

More like Firefly with terminators. If anyone carries the series it will be Summer Glau. But i have heard that she will just be in the pilot episode.

On the topic of cancellation. Years ago TV shows used to run a pilot episode to test the waters and see if it was a viable product. Then the show would continue when the next broadcast season started. These days the problem is that the studios want the series to be an instant hit and just plop it on the TV with no pilot. Maybe if they went back to the old ways we would see some of the better shows like Firefly and such lasting longer. Instead we get stuffed with crap like reality TV.

Well, that would be sad, as summer, imo, is the most charismatic actor out of the bunch.

The funny thing is, Firefly DID have a pilot episode, one that properly set up the cast and crew... but Fox decided to run "train job" BEFORE the pilot which ruined the pilot as the whole "girl in the box" mystery wasn't really a mystery anymore.

It seems like they are just canning the T3 story chunk but not disturbint T1 or 2. This could be a good setup for A GOOD future war movie finally though.

You have to remember the title & movies before you start throwing out what movies they will keep.

"Sarah Connor Chronicles"

The only logical place they can start is directly after T1 because of the gap between T1 & T2 it's her and her kid, maybe. T1 should be kept because it lays out the character, but they'll write their own movie ending to re-introduce the character so who knows what direction they take her. T2 & T3 are majorly kid oriented, even though Sarah was the lead character in T2 the story was about the kid, so it's a given that they are out.

That's only IF they keep T1. But since they've said they are kicking the timeline to the curb I'm betting that ALL of the movies will get throw out and they do their own timeline. So I'm not seeing anything like a "good" future war set-up with FOX's basic BUFFY/ALIAS/DARK ANGEL/Firefly/Drive pretty characters materials. ;)

They should make the female terminators these butch female lesbian bikers with a bit of facial hair and see what reaction they get..Instead of making them slim and sexy just have it be a male-ish bodybuilder-ish female with ripling muscles who randomly beats up anyone that gets near john. Like you could have john in class and some kid wants to pick a fight and the butch female terminator breaks through a wall and grabs the kid by the balls and almost kills the poor guy. The teacher would be too scared to fail john conner and all the kids in school would want to find out wtf is up with this biker following him around everywhere. The explanation is that since terminators can now come in younger models that are his age, you can never be too certain if there is a disguised teenage terminator hiding amongst all the school kids posing as some columbine massacreist wannabe. :D No guns allowed at school, so the next best thing is have the biker get a job as one of the staff at the school. Sounds like something out of a japanese anime.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

You have to remember the title & movies before you start throwing out what movies they will keep.

"Sarah Connor Chronicles"

The only logical place they can start is directly after T1 because of the gap between T1 & T2 it's her and her kid, maybe. T1 should be kept because it lays out the character, but they'll write their own movie ending to re-introduce the character so who knows what direction they take her. T2 & T3 are majorly kid oriented, even though Sarah was the lead character in T2 the story was about the kid, so it's a given that they are out.

That's only IF they keep T1. But since they've said they are kicking the timeline to the curb I'm betting that ALL of the movies will get throw out and they do their own timeline. So I'm not seeing anything like a "good" future war set-up with FOX's basic BUFFY/ALIAS/DARK ANGEL/Firefly/Drive pretty characters materials. ;)

no, the logical place to put it, is right after T2, where sarah is reunited with john, and he's actually old enough to do something. Right after T1, john would be an infant and it's clear from the trailer that he is not an infant, or even prepubescent. He looks pretty much like he would be in highschool.

Depending on the timeline in T2 or the retcon in T3, John is 10 or 13 years old at the time of the events of T2 and then sarah has what... five years or so until she dies of leukemia in 1997. But I think they're getting around all that with the whole time traveling family thing.

They should make the female terminators these butch female lesbian bikers with a bit of facial hair and see what reaction they get..Instead of making them slim and sexy just have it be a male-ish bodybuilder-ish female with ripling muscles who randomly beats up anyone that gets near john. Like you could have john in class and some kid wants to pick a fight and the butch female terminator breaks through a wall and grabs the kid by the balls and almost kills the poor guy. The teacher would be too scared to fail john conner and all the kids in school would want to find out wtf is up with this biker following him around everywhere. The explanation is that since terminators can now come in younger models that are his age, you can never be too certain if there is a disguised teenage terminator hiding amongst all the school kids posing as some columbine massacreist wannabe. :D No guns allowed at school, so the next best thing is have the biker get a job as one of the staff at the school. Sounds like something out of a japanese anime.

Ahnuld actually wanted Chynna to be the female terminator in T3 so you might be on to something there. :blink:

Summer Glau is in this? I may actually watch it.

*Supports Firefly alumni wherever they may appear*

Then again, it's on Fox, so I only need to watch for 3 weeks or so before they cancel it.

Then again, it's on Fox, so I only need to watch for 3 weeks or so before they cancel it.

Yes didnt you watch the preview link? Pretty hard to miss :D

Prolly the same reason why I'll watch it... hey Gaijin... did you see that episode of How I met your mother with Morena Baccarin... man she was superhot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9uZuKd0Nzk

Depending on the timeline in T2 or the retcon in T3, John is 10 or 13 years old at the time of the events of T2 and then sarah has what... five years or so until she dies of leukemia in 1997. But I think they're getting around all that with the whole time traveling family thing.

Well if he's that old then T1 & T2 are thrown out. Anyway you look at it it's a pretty bad choice because "Have kid will travel." is family-centric and I doubt will fly well with the SF crowd that it will attract. The kid will get more play and make the sarah seem pointless quick enough.

They were better off digging into the obvious gap between 1 & 2 where Sarah gets all of her training and stuff.

Well if he's that old then T1 & T2 are thrown out. Anyway you look at it it's a pretty bad choice because "Have kid will travel." is family-centric and I doubt will fly well with the SF crowd that it will attract. The kid will get more play and make the sarah seem pointless quick enough.

They were better off digging into the obvious gap between 1 & 2 where Sarah gets all of her training and stuff.

why is that? at 14, john is old enough to be a freshman in highschool, which is roundabouts how old clark was when smallville started.

and again, have you even seen the trailer?