Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

so i made it a point to watch this last night and as i guessed, it was totally stupid.

using time travel in a show provides a convienent explaination of the unexplainable, basically it lets them make up random stuff as they go along, hence lame.

unless the actress playing sarah connor goes full frontal, this show isn't worth watching IMO.

using time travel in a show provides a convienent explaination of the unexplainable, basically it lets them make up random stuff as they go along, hence lame.

And yet we have futuristic machines that have taken over the planet, nearly enslaving mankind but the only way to truely claim victory is to go using a time machine having a robot assassin disguised as a human and either A) kill the mother of the savior of mankind before he is born, or B) Kill the savior of mankind when he's only a hormonal driven teenager.

C) Go back, kill him just 24 hours BEFORE judgement day with a terminator that can change it's appearance defying the laws of time travel again cause it has no organic compisition, dress it to look sexy, and be REALLY hard to kill cause it's actually equiped with weapons.

So...guess what I'm getting at, is whats your point for this when we've already had that for the last 20+ years? :mellow:

They completely changed the actor for her 'husband' in 1999, now he looks armed forces-esque, same dialogue tho. When Sarah gets John from school in the dream, she now finds him alone in a library instead of a full classroom. The ending doesn't have her stashing the guns in the walls, just shots of the three of them going into the house.

Thanks. If I get around to watching this show I may have to go back and see the final version of the pilot. For what it's worth.

We can make her stronger, faster, more sleek and sexy with a 90 day factory warranty!

So... if I step up to this new Terminator with a straight face, and ask her (it):

"Your clothes, give them to me."

Would she:

A) Give the clothes to me

or

B) Rip my heart out. Literally, ala Terminator 1.

so i made it a point to watch this last night and as i guessed, it was totally stupid.

unless the actress playing sarah connor goes full frontal, this show isn't worth watching IMO.

Just watch 300 again for that

So... if I step up to this new Terminator with a straight face, and ask her (it):

"Your clothes, give them to me."

Would she:

A) Give the clothes to me

or

B) Rip my heart out. Literally, ala Terminator 1.

Actually funny you should mention that, I made a joke about this that made my dad laugh pretty hard, he spat some beer on the big screen, it was when the 3 of them emerge from the time portal and a car stops infront of her and she's just looking at them, I said, "I need your clothes, your shoes, and the keys to your kia"

this would have been better as a sitcom in an alternate universe where the Arnold bot marries Sarah and lives in suburban jungle of Temecula California with roudy john connor, as his dad.

The coulda called the show "Easy Money" i'm telling you it'd be a hit!

Edited by KingNor

I know it has plot holes but I like it so far. We need more action T.V. shows, not any more reality shows thats for sure.

Here! here! with the writers strike, there's no TV (of any kind other than crappy reality shows) anymore! It at least encouraging to see any type of effort put into any new show, especially a science fiction show (they cost more to produce and draws a much narrower slice of the demographics - its such a hard sell to get any sci-fi made!).

Heh, I actually liked the show, we find out who actually created the cloned skin, I think the FBI agent will start to put things together by the end of this season after those prints were id'ed to belong to a 4 year old kid who lives in another part of the country, and that John is pretty pissed off of having to be a hero and yet can't save one life when he wants too.

I still like the show, better than most out there at the moment in terms of sci-fi. Does have plot holes though, but this ain't a show like the West Wing or 24, it's a killer robot show. It's either that or American Gladiators...which I did finally see last night. I wish the women Gladiators had the big poofy hair from the original incarnation.

I still don't get how the girl terminator went from a normal girl acting 'bot with some personality from the first episode when she meet John at school to a plain 'ol slow-speaking "Small Wonder" type girl. I also don't get why John has to go to a metal-detector needing high school, why isn't he home schooled or go to a private school if he's to get an education necessary to fight in the future. I did like it that they finally made John seem a bit more tough when he grilled his mom regarding the computer's guy's chess machine instead of acting like an emo kid instead of a future resistance leader.

Edited by baronv

I still like the show, better than most out there at the moment in terms of sci-fi. Does have plot holes though, but this ain't a show like the West Wing or 24, it's a killer robot show. It's either that or American Gladiators...which I did finally see last night. I wish the women Gladiators had the big poofy hair from the original incarnation.

I still don't get how the girl terminator went from a normal girl acting 'bot with some personality from the first episode when she meet John at school to a plain 'ol slow-speaking "Small Wonder" type girl. I also don't get why John has to go to a metal-detector needing high school, why isn't he home schooled or go to a private school if he's to get an education necessary to fight in the future. I did like it that they finally made John seem a bit more tough when he grilled his mom regarding the computer's guy's chess machine instead of acting like an emo kid instead of a future resistance leader.

my guess is that River... err.. cameron, was specifically programmed to seduce/flirt with john to get his trust... beyond that she probably didn't have any other programming.

The Terminator probably did the act just enough to get Connor's trust and to confirm his identity. Once that was all done, it's back to "business mode." Throughout all the Terminator movies, from Arnold's 3 incarnations, the T-1000, and the T-X, they all act business until they have to interact with a human as part of the infiltration process. Even Arnie's T2 version was all straight to the business in personality.

As for the public school and metal detector requirement, it's simple: The detector will help screen a Terminator infiltration, though that could pose problems for his own protector. Why no homeschooling or a private school? Simple. Money! Those routes for education aren't cheap, and the Connors don't have enough income to maintain such a luxury. Especially since they move around so much and ensure they have weapons and ammunition on hand, just in case.

Tonight's episode...kind of a turd..it was more like Law and Order SVU(which I like). More set up, nothing really happened. I know every episode can't be balls out but.. zzz

Yeah it is fairly boring. Can't 'enjoy' the characters because the actors just feel "fake" and their lines forced.

baronv, can't say that I remotely like the change in Johns character from ep1 to ep3. It's pretty badly forced and his knowledge is pretty advanced for someone who's been on the move his entire life. It definitely feels like the writers/director/producer wants to make him into a RAMBO clone. <_<

The idea that they are enrolling John in school is friggin ridiculous anyway. They know what he will need to do in his future and the skills he will need. What the hell is he supposed to learn in highschool to help that? I need to learn how to write a theme paper so that I can defeat Skynet! Totally goes aginst the mindset of the characters in T2 which this is supposed to follow. Sarah should already have taught him all the tactics and weapons training he needs. I can stomach small plot point issues but following him in his teen school adventures seems to be a major point of the show. dumb

I've been slightly annoyed about him being enrolled in school as well. It's not like Sarah put him in school before, from what he describes in T2. She dragged him all over the place, teaching him this and that, and having him learn stuff from people like Enrique. How to blow stuff up, handle weapons, etc. Just like what glane21 is saying.

It's not like he's going to need or get a University degree. :p

Well, to play Devil's Advocate here,

What if they do succeed in stopping Skynet from being created and gaining sentience?

Then he'll never need to become a great savior because Judgement Day won't happen.

So maybe she wants him to have some semblance of a normal teenage life in case they pull it off.

I mean c'mon, he should be trying to chase as much high school girl ass as he can knowing what his possible future might be ^_^

Well, to play Devil's Advocate here,

What if they do succeed in stopping Skynet from being created and gaining sentience?

Then he'll never need to become a great savior because Judgement Day won't happen.

So maybe she wants him to have some semblance of a normal teenage life in case they pull it off.

I mean c'mon, he should be trying to chase as much high school girl ass as he can knowing what his possible future might be ^_^

that's not being a devils advocate... that's just watching the show. :p

I've been slightly annoyed about him being enrolled in school as well. It's not like Sarah put him in school before, from what he describes in T2. She dragged him all over the place, teaching him this and that, and having him learn stuff from people like Enrique. How to blow stuff up, handle weapons, etc. Just like what glane21 is saying.

It's not like he's going to need or get a University degree. :p

Remember its public high school, he can learn all about weapons and how to blow up stuff. When I think back to all the things I learned in high school chemistry....well it probably would get me on several FBI lists nowadays. :ph34r:

I downloaded the 3 episodes watched em all at work last night, i liked em. Summer and the other chic are hot, the story line is not bad and it looks like they set you up for alot to happen, as far as terminators are concerned. Special effects not bad and a few of the side stories are kinda interesting as well, i look forward to next weeks show but i have a feeling that crappy fox will cancel yet another decent series.

As for the public school and metal detector requirement, it's simple: The detector will help screen a Terminator infiltration, though that could pose problems for his own protector. Why no homeschooling or a private school? Simple. Money! Those routes for education aren't cheap, and the Connors don't have enough income to maintain such a luxury. Especially since they move around so much and ensure they have weapons and ammunition on hand, just in case.

How would a metal detector stop a Terminator from going to school and kill John. It's a public school, he can just avoid it (come on we know how easy it is to get into schools, it can just tear down a fence or rip a hole in one) by posing as an security officer or going through another way...their Terminators and not 15 r. olds trying to smuggle in a bb gun. Hiding in a pub. school is a bad idea, don't the Terminators just scan public records for new students being admitted into school with John's profile? Is that how they found him in his last school in the 1st episode?

As for the money issue, I liked in T2 where John used his computer knowledge to hack ATMs, can't the Terminator girl do the same thing for them to get money to buy those guns and explosives they need?

Even with the plot holes, it's still an ok show. Maybe the Connors will move to Detroit, John gets ambushed and shot and the girl Terminator fixes him up with advanced technology and rebuilds him as Robocop to fight the Terminators.

It seems like the ones who have a problem with him being in high school aren't paying close attention. In the 2nd episode, Cameron/Summer Glau says that the terminators present in 2007 aren't looking for them.

Plus, they jumped 7-8 years into the future. That's probably long enough to be declared legally dead, so maybe they're letting their guard down, just a little bit.

The only one who is looking for them is the one who's head came through with them, and as of the last episode is just starting to get his skinjob.

Also, if John is attacked in a public place, it might help turn people into believers. The FBI agent was shocked that all of his witnesses at the school said they saw "some kind of robot leg".

People who have witnessed a terminator might be the start of an underground resistance.