Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Wonder how things T3 and TSCC will tie into the new movie. Sort of hoping for a retcon of T3.

Well while T3 will have something to do with the movie, TSCC shouldn't even touch it since it's its own continuum. However I tend to ignore T3 as that movie was just a poor set up of the end of the world.

there might be some hope

http://tv.ign.com/articles/973/973668p1.html

As for where Season 3 could go, a new interview with Brian Austin Green sheds some light on that. [spoiler Warning for those who haven't seen the last two episodes of Terminator - though if so, what are you doing reading this article? Some fan you are!]

Green tells Comic Book Resources, "The third season is going to be incredible, if it happens. There were no intentions of this being a series finale. It was absolutely a season finale. There's a plan where this can go and it's so good."

Edited by bandit29

• 2 weeks later...
Well while T3 will have something to do with the movie, TSCC shouldn't even touch it since it's its own continuum. However I tend to ignore T3 as that movie was just a poor set up of the end of the world.

I thought it was the other way around. The way the movie and the TV show are being explained in press releases over here in Japan (no foreign TV shows are shown on Japanese prime time terrestrial TV so they are all really minor, thus they need press releases to "explain" the background and concepts), is that T3 was a sort of alternate universe and Sarah Chronicles would be the tie-in to the new movie.

I think I still have one of those press release flyers around somewhere, it's got a flow-chart explaining the timeline. T3 was kind of depicted as the Macross II of the franchise. The series just came out a few months ago so it is still new here.

SCC Couldn't tie into the new movie after the season finale...espically since Kate Brewster is in the film, yet never established at all in the TV series, but was in T3.

Also, the movie novel which is suppose to be an official tie in for the new film had made a statement about the Terminator in T3.

Thus T3 is officially apart of the movie timelines and right now, the books. SCC is the floating bastard child right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like its done. Fox is supposed to announce its schedule today.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/983/983839p1.html

May 17, 2009 - Considering that there has been virtually no talk of any discussions to bring the series back in the past few weeks, this is hardly surprising news, but it's obviously unfortunate for fans of the show (myself included!) to learn that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been cancelled. While the cancellation was already rumored by many, multiple sources are now reporting the show is indeed gone and won't be on FOX's 2009-2010 schedule when it's announced tomorrow.

Last week, in what was a surprise move, FOX did renew the show that was airing alongside Terminator on Friday nights this spring - their other very low-rated, cult genre show -- Dollhouse. The fact that FOX would renew either Dollhouse or Terminator was an extreme long shot given their ratings. And while Terminator -- which ended its season earlier -- was the lower rated of the two while they aired together, Dollhouse's overall viewers dropped even lower than Terminator's had been by the end of its season.

So why was Dollhouse the show that was saved? According to the Hollywood Reporter, the network did take a look at the show's strong DVR and online viewership, and the fact that the DVD sales would likely be very good – a fairly safe bet, given Joss Whedon's loyal fandom. While it's easy to counter that all of these elements were also present for Terminator, in the end, it may have come down to the studios making the show. Terminator was produced by Warner Bros, while Dollhouse is produced by 20th Century Fox. That being the case, FOX wouldn't benefit from DVD sales or other auxillery money made from Terminator, while obviously Fox the studio and FOX the network are corporate siblings, so there were likely considerations taken as to how Dollhouse could benefit the companies as a whole that could not help Terminator.

Terminator raitings fell from piss poor plot moving and lack of substance. The season started off well, and then just started to slowly go down, the plane lost it's wings, the engines were dead, but it wasn't a dropping ball of flames, it had enough to fall and still save a few people from dying.

But still, it'll be sad to see it go. Maybe someone else will pick it up, then again, maybe not.

Well its official

Fox: Sarah Connor Chronicles has been officially canceled. "[sarah Connor] has completed its run," Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly confirmed at a press conference this morning. "I think it had a nice little run. It was a good show. It was not an either or [with Dollhouse]. We did see it tailing off a bit [in the ratings]. It had a nice creative core, but, ultimately, we made the bet on Dollhouse, so that's it for [sarah Connor]... We make no apologies. We gave it a lot of support and some consistent scheduling. We tried and thought it was time to move on."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/bubble-show-upd.html

maybe it will get picked up by another network since its not produced by Fox? Me doubts it...unless T4 does huge numbers..

Edited by bandit29

From the very start I didn't really like the tv series, it looked cheap, the plot was crap, the characters were poor and it made a real mess of the whole terminator continuity. Cameron started out being a smart and good acting "human behaving" terminator, but after two episodes she becomes stupid for no reason at all. The whole time traveling is messed up, having so many machines and resistance members going back and forth is just stupid and would really undermine the whole war in the future. The humans won the war in the future, yet both sides are still sending things back?

Skynet is ment to have sent terminator back as a last desperate attempt to change the outcome of the war, by having sent so many back it dosen't seem as though it was a last desperate measure and considering the time machine was destroyed how is either side still sending crap back. Also the whole "good" vs "bad" terminator theme is really lame and tiresome now.

The humans won the war in the future, yet both sides are still sending things back?

The future can be changed, and the world could be parallel.

I find the plot good, with alot of Mystery involved. I actually think Cameron sent herself back to the present instead of John Connor sent her back, and I think Cameron killed the future John Connor(not her real intention) because Cameron never let anyone else meet John Connor. The last episode of season 2 John reply Cameron "But u didn't kill me", and Cameron reply John "I might would someday" might be a hint of Cameron really did in the future. And the part that Cameron made John a detonator of an explosive on her Chip just make it more convincing.

not really replacing it but doll house will take it's place I guess. I can't believe THAT show was what they chose to save, I mean really....I never even watched an episode of that cause I thought it looked sleezy. Like watching something that the characters of family guy would wanna watch and make jokes on.

not really replacing it but doll house will take it's place I guess. I can't believe THAT show was what they chose to save, I mean really....I never even watched an episode of that cause I thought it looked sleezy. Like watching something that the characters of family guy would wanna watch and make jokes on.

SCC was good, but Dollhouse was better.

I think Dollhouse is totally not what you think it is. The show is pretty good, and the tone is not sleezy IMHO. Sure, it's not for kids, but I don't think it's gratuitous in the least.. The writing is interesting and the stories are clever at times. I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you were to watch some of the most recent episodes.

Season 2 just started showing here last night.

First episode was OK. Didn't really like the Scottish boss lady terminator (can't remember her name).

Graham

I used to just call her Garbage Chick. :lol: That's Shirley Manson who plays Catherine Weaver aka singer for the group Garbage. She'll grow on you going into the finale.

way i understand it friedman's to blame.

the premise as the name was the sarah conner chronicles, but viewers were more interested in john and cameron.

friedman was basicly put out and started to force the focus back on sarah, dispite the execs and fans not wanting that.

so after eventually bleeding out 5/6th of it's audience the execs gave it the boot.

Ah man, that's really crappy. I was really looking forward to seeing some more of this stuff. Yeah, I guess I enjoyed the story about John and Cameron more than Sarah.....

I guess this franchise is pretty much dead....the movie's not doing so good either.

Edited by peter

I enjoyed Cameron, John and Uncle Reese more than Sarahs plot lines.

Sarah's plot lines usually weren't as good as the others also (IMO). She did have some great ones, the best I thought was that episode where she's terribly injured from that gunshot wound to the leg after visiting that desert research facility. Her interaction with the doctor and her delusions of speaking to Kyle Reese was great in that episode.

But we all know alot of people were looking at the interaction between John and Cameron.

It also surprised me that BAG (Brian Austin Greene) had a character that I actually liked more as his screentime increased. I loved it since it was the Connors' living link to Kyle Reese. A very big deal since John never met Kyle, and that Derek was already an experienced soldier in the Resistance.

maybe scifi channel can pick it up or something. damn i liked it.

I doubt it's going to happen. The main actors are already looking at, if not already signed onto other projects.

Edited by Warmaker

I watched season 1 and 2 about a month ago, and I just finished watching all three seasons of 30 Rock. Went back to watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles again and I can't take Charley Dixon seriously anymore. Dean Winters as Dennis in 30 Rock is hilarious, complete polar opposite of Charley Dixon....but from now on, he'll always be Dennis.

Well if nobody else picks up the show I hope the people running the series will tell us what the plans were for the future seasons or maybe put out a novel series or a comic book.

Yes, please! I'd love to find out what the writers had planned for S3. Seemed as waste to have ended TSCC as the premise in the S2 finale looked interesting.

Yes, please! I'd love to find out what the writers had planned for S3. Seemed as waste to have ended TSCC as the premise in the S2 finale looked interesting.

Season 3 should have been very interesting with the way season 2 ended with such a cliff hanger. Makes me wonder if

the reason we never saw John in the future flashbacks was because he was the exact same John we were watching in the present

. Spoilers just in case some one hasn't seen the finale.

I still hope they plan to adapt the story they had planned in some other media.

• 2 months later...