Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

The one thing that really intrigued me was Garbage Chick's little girl. What the heck was that about? Was she also a shape shifting terminator disguised as a child? That would seriously be a new twist to things. Looking forward to seeing that plot line develop.

I think the daughter is a terminator as well, I think the singular focus she had on playing sudoku was supposed to be a tip off.

liked tonight's episode. Thought Summer did a great job in playing alyson and cameron/alyso.

I really liked the flashback / interrogation with Allison and who would eventually be Cameron. Seeing the unsheathed Terminator walking around her was a nice clue with what was going to happen with her. It was pleasing to see where she got her "look" / "model" from, how Cameron got the information to impersonate Allison. The final pleasing moment was when the real one saw her replacement :ph34r:

Poor girl though... she was focked. No if's, and's, or but's about it, and no way of escaping it.

I've been wondering about those things too. What was with the house and the suicides. Also, didn't they show someone else, I believe a female judging by the size of her arm, that had the prisoner Tatoo at johns school. I was thinking it could be Riley, but I just don't know. They seemed to have dropped certain arcs, or at least put them on the back burner for the time being.

Chris

I haven't been watching. Any information as to what happened to Derek and the other soldiers while they were trapped in that house in the future? Any clues about the weird suicides at John's school?

Regarding the latter, I thought it was only one suicide, and that it was implied the school counselor was having sexual relations with the girl who jumped off the building, which was why he seemed a little too interested in what she said to Cameron in the washroom before she jumped.

As for the former, the writers haven't brought that up again. They also seemed to have ignored the storyline about that one girl with the overprotective father, in favor of Riley. I hope the writers haven't forgotten about all three and readdress them some time soon.

Regarding the latter, I thought it was only one suicide, and that it was implied the school counselor was having sexual relations with the girl who jumped off the building, which was why he seemed a little too interested in what she said to Cameron in the washroom before she jumped.

Whoa, when was this? I remember Cameron's funny counseling session, but when did all the stuff about a sexual relationship come up?

As for the former, the writers haven't brought that up again. They also seemed to have ignored the storyline about that one girl with the overprotective father, in favor of Riley. I hope the writers haven't forgotten about all three and readdress them some time soon.

Totally forgot about this character. Another loose end.

Whoa, when was this? I remember Cameron's funny counseling session, but when did all the stuff about a sexual relationship come up?

I thought it was in those mysterious murals (a door with the silhouette of two people in its window, with a bra hanging off the door knob and the name on the door slowly being revealed with each new mural) that popped up around school. I don't remember exactly what was written on the door, but I think it was eventually going to be either the counselor's name or his job title.

I really need to get the first season on dvd to remember what I saw. I can't remember which epi it was just that I think I remember someone looking at the Conners house or .....somewhere and just seeing their arm with the barcode tat on it. Maybe I'm just imagining things.....but I "thought after that was shown we see the girl in school who always had the long sleeves on....

Chris

Well it has been over 40 minutes since tonight's episode ended. I can't remember what it was about.

Only thing I know is I gotta get one of those 2009 Dodge Rams. That truck was the best special guest star ever!

I've been wondering about those things too. What was with the house and the suicides. Also, didn't they show someone else, I believe a female judging by the size of her arm, that had the prisoner Tatoo at johns school. I was thinking it could be Riley, but I just don't know. They seemed to have dropped certain arcs, or at least put them on the back burner for the time being.

Chris

Maybe they realized that having the future savior of mankind forced to attend school by a mom who breaks any law to protect him is frigging ridiculous. Especially when that has been the method by which he has been previously tracked down by a terminator.

Reminds me of how in anime they will have the robo pilots attending school by day and saving the world in the afternoon (Evangelion, Macross Frontier). Which is also quite insanely stupid.

Great episode last night. Although the interaction between Sarah and that kid seemed very awkward IMHO. They should have totally re-written those scenes. That kid was surprisingly upbeat considering he was almost killed and practically held captive for all those days. It was pretty lame that he was worried about his book report considering the circumstances of the situation.

Edit: It was nice of Garbage chick to do that guy in the alley before she killed him. At least he died happy. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think that she is indeed trying to use the FBI guy, Ellison, to find machines so that she can start to develop them in preparation for the future war. Once the nuke strike occurs there will already be an army of machines ready to fight. This sort of goes against the T3 movie in a way. In T3 the military built the first machine prototypes although they were not endo-skeletons. So, maybe this is really how the first endo-skeleton terminators get developed. Yet, another paradox of which came first.

Edited by sharky

Exactly, the end of the film was left to interpretation, hence the Black highway at night, you dont' know where it'll go, where it could lead you cause it's up to you and the choices you make.

Not too mention with the number of times a person time travels and alters the course, you get several different continuties of that same line...for instance...

John's father might not of been Kyle Reese, it could of been some other guy, but by Kyle going back in time and doing the deed with sarah who had been told of John's coming, she becomes pregnant and names him John.

If the events of Terminator 2 never took place, John and Sarah would of survived the blast and Sarah would of died later. John is than picked up by the Skynet HK's and forced to work in the Death camps with people like Kyle Reese and later escaped and started the resistance.

However the events of Terminator 2 caused that to change and in an attempt to alter the future, Cyberdyne is destroyed, and all the research materials sending Skynet back to developement stages where the rights and files that were left where than sold to CRS.

Terminator 3, the events were greatly changed, CRS becomes the rightful owners of the Skynet project after Cyberdyne went belly up, the war happens alot later in the time line and we discover that John was eventually murdered by a T-800/900/888 what the f ever it is.

And the bombs still drop.

Same thing with SCC, based around T2, the war still happens, but not in 1997, but within the next few years of our timeline...so now John, Sara and Cameron must try and either completely stop Judgement Day or prevent it even further.

in Terminator Infinity which is a comic series by Simon Furman, it takes place in the events of Terminator 3, John is still in the bunker where him and Katherine brewster escaped, but Katherine had died for some mysterious reason.

John goes top side to see what the world is like after a few years of being down there, and the world is overrun by the HK's and the Terminators and he is protected by another Terminator.

Skynet learns the error of it's ways by screwing up the time stream and tries to send a terminator of a new design back to all those other timelines to fix the mistakes and send everything back the way it was.

Exactly, the end of the film was left to interpretation, hence the Black highway at night, you dont' know where it'll go, where it could lead you cause it's up to you and the choices you make.

Not too mention with the number of times a person time travels and alters the course, you get several different continuties of that same line...for instance...

John's father might not of been Kyle Reese, it could of been some other guy, but by Kyle going back in time and doing the deed with sarah who had been told of John's coming, she becomes pregnant and names him John.

If the events of Terminator 2 never took place, John and Sarah would of survived the blast and Sarah would of died later. John is than picked up by the Skynet HK's and forced to work in the Death camps with people like Kyle Reese and later escaped and started the resistance.

However the events of Terminator 2 caused that to change and in an attempt to alter the future, Cyberdyne is destroyed, and all the research materials sending Skynet back to developement stages where the rights and files that were left where than sold to CRS.

Terminator 3, the events were greatly changed, CRS becomes the rightful owners of the Skynet project after Cyberdyne went belly up, the war happens alot later in the time line and we discover that John was eventually murdered by a T-800/900/888 what the f ever it is.

And the bombs still drop.

Same thing with SCC, based around T2, the war still happens, but not in 1997, but within the next few years of our timeline...so now John, Sara and Cameron must try and either completely stop Judgement Day or prevent it even further.

in Terminator Infinity which is a comic series by Simon Furman, it takes place in the events of Terminator 3, John is still in the bunker where him and Katherine brewster escaped, but Katherine had died for some mysterious reason.

John goes top side to see what the world is like after a few years of being down there, and the world is overrun by the HK's and the Terminators and he is protected by another Terminator.

Skynet learns the error of it's ways by screwing up the time stream and tries to send a terminator of a new design back to all those other timelines to fix the mistakes and send everything back the way it was.

So in the future where Kyle came from, he is not the father of future John.

At the end of T2, John is much older than the John of T3. T3 could've only happened if the ending of T2 was different.

The events of SCC never happened in T2's continuity. Judgment Day still could've happened but it wouldn't be like T3 or SCC.

According to the writers, the events of the SCC are that of the T2 continuity.

However yes it could be that Kyle might not of been John's original father.

If the events continued as they were Judgement Day would of still occured on it's original date, but when John, Sarah, Miles, and the T-800 destroyed the research materials on Skynet, it just pushed back the date.

As it said "Judgement day is inevitable". Notice that in SCC's first season, bible references were thrown left and right about the end of days. You'd almost think someone from the future traveled back in time and wrote the bible to warn others.

Again you mention it, and again we tell you, that ending was a deleted scene. IT WAS going to be in the movie, but when the test screening was finished, along with the black highway, when people were asked, which sounded better? They all pointed to the black highway as it stuck with the theme of "No Fate but What you make"

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this series is getting good IMHO. This last episode tonight was rich with character development. They elaborated more on Garbage chick and her daughter. John Conner is moving up in my book after watching this episode. I wonder if he really did attempt suicide and chickened out at the last second. Their actions and reactions seem to add a sense of realism in how they are dealing with all this psychologically. I'm certainly hooked for the next episode.

Edited by sharky

I think of it as, if you were the savior of mankind, how would you take it? Knowing everything you do and take advantage of is meaningless and trivial, nothing interests you, why should it? it'll be gone, never come back, only a memory.

In an older comic, one of my favorites, John still even as an old man had a hard time gripping with the reality, and even puts his gun to his head and almost pulls the trigger but he snappd out of it somehow, dunno what it was, can't remember.

But in the end, he takes what soldiers are left and goes to skynets bunker deep in the mountains and destroys it, effectively shutting the machines down.

Thats the kind of movie i'd like to see, something nitty gritty, dark, hopeless and violent in realism. maybe thats why I liked that last rambo movie so much lol.

Hopefully, Terminator Salvation will be all it's cracked up to be. I mean Christian Bale as John Connor and written by James Cameron. I like what I am reading so far.

James Cameron has said he's had ZERO input on Salvation and that the story of McG asking his blessing is a lie, a load of crock to get the terminator fanboys onboard:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/29/james-...cg-says-he-did/

James Cameron has said he's had ZERO input on Salvation and that the story of McG asking his blessing is a lie, a load of crock to get the terminator fanboys onboard:

Ahh, my bad. IMDB has James Cameron listed as a "character" writing credit which technically is true since he's the creator of The Terminator franchise. Yeah, he's not credited for the story itself. An oversight on my part.

From what I've heard about the script, Cameron would give McG the evil eye instead of a blessing.

The idea that this is going to get an R seems to be evaporating, too. They have Playmates making the toys. They're not going to be sponsoring an R movie.

From what I've heard about the script, Cameron would give McG the evil eye instead of a blessing.

The idea that this is going to get an R seems to be evaporating, too. They have Playmates making the toys. They're not going to be sponsoring an R movie.

Didn't they make toys of Terminator 2? Wasn't that an R movie too?

Wasn't done by Playmates though. Playmates focuses on like Preschool mostly.

I think it was Hasbro who made the T2 toys wasn't it? I remember battle damaged T-800, I think a normal and gold plated endoskeleton, 3 versions of the T-1000 one of them exploded, a chest exploding T-800, a car and a motorcycle...I had most of the toys that pretained to the T-800 and the motorcycle and car. But when I think back to them, damn were they cheesey as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

AICN has some new comments direct from Cameron on the matter:

There's been some discussion at AICN and elsewhere of me rescinding my so-called blessing of T4 and that's not the case. The truth is there never was a blessing to rescind, and there's been some kind of misunderstanding between me and McG, perfectly innocent I believe. He asked me in a phone call when I was shooting in New Zealand earlier this year if I would be a supporter and creative participant in the new film. I said sure, send me the script and I'll give you my thoughts. And I warned him that free advice is usually worth what you pay for it. For whatever reason I never got the script and to date I haven't seen a foot of film other than what everybody's seen in the trailer, which is not enough to form an opinion. So I have zero basis for supporting or dissing the film. As I said in an interview, for all I know it could be a masterpiece or it could be a big steaming pile. I think all people heard was the steaming pile part and concluded I was against the film, which I'm not. In fact, it might be very good, an opinion based solely on what Sam Worthington has shared with me. He's nobody's fool when it comes to material, and has absolutely the lowest bullshit quotient of anyone I know, and he has repeatedly told me that he reckons the film is going to be good. I know him to be very critical (in a healthy way) of his own work, and an actor who always aspires to excellence, so I know he wouldn't praise the film if he didn't feel it.

Obviously I can't give my blessing (whatever that means anyway ) to the film completely blind. But I'm predisposed to be supportive based on Sam's involvement and his judgment, because I believe in him. So there you have it. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it's not a steaming pile.

Jim out