The Dark Knight Thread

That first poster sucks. The perspective is insane, that street must be the width of a football field aboiut a quarter of a mile down the road. Whoever put it together didn't care that even the untrained eye is strained when you mess with perspective like that.

Sad to see such crap associated with this movie.

Love the new posters! I really like the one with Batman in front of the skyline.

I don't get the hate for the 1st joker poster. It's obviously designed to work with that batman poster. Batman is looking down on the city, set apart and seemingly overwhelmed, while joker is there on the street, but larger than life and ready to do violence. it works thematically very well and the wonky perspective only serves to reinforce joker's mentally instability.

I liked the part where the joker is in the street screaming [at Batman?] to shoot, and Batman on the other end full throttle on his bike at him

kind of reminiscent to the first Batman movie were the Joker is waiting for the Batwing to shoot him, this movie is gonna rock!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Fantastic! That's gotta be the best bank heist since Inside Man. Wow. It's shot really nice too. It's funny, but I got this instant Heat vibe when I saw William Fichtner as the manager. Not sure why, maybe it's just seeing him in another film with a really great bank robbery :)

Yeah that looked pretty good.

The outside visuals of the city don't remind me much of the original Batman Begins though (which seemed like it was always at night). Bigger and better, I suppose... Looks great, though. Can't wait.

I haven't seen the 5 mins yet, but I just saw the trailer - AWWWWWW YEAH!!!

I wanna see some sweet batarang action tho - i love the gadgets :-D

Anyone else think 'Akira' when Bats swerves to miss Joker and slides out?

seemed to me like Joker was using Bat's non-lethal methods against him - nice touch.

Having watched both the regular trailer, and the 5 minute prologue (on the IMAX), I'm really, fanatically excited for this film. Nolan is a great director, I've not seen Bale turn in a bad performance, and Ledger's Joker is disturbingly insane. The way these are coming together are going to make for an exciting film, from both a narrative and an action perspective.

The 5 minute preview was sweet. Dark Knight is shaping up to be very good. I like my Joker the way he seems to be portrayed here. Homicidal, maniacal with a touch of genius.

Very nice description for the Joker, Smiley424. I really do hope that description stays accurate for the rest of the movie.

The Joker that they are using is the very 1st 2 appearances of the Joker (Batman #1, 1940) in which he was portrayed as a straightforward murderer. There's a touch of the insanity from The Killing Joke, but the killer instinct is pulled from Batman #1 (1940). If you want to know what common elements in Ledger's Joker came from, then look at Batman #1 or Batman: The Man who Laughs, The Killing Joke, and then wrap it up around The Long Halloween.

i haven't got used to the bike yet though.

I'm wondering about the functionality with the tires being so large that'd really kill the manueverability, wouldn't it? Ok, there's a military mechanically inclined lot here at MW, so speculate. :) Why does it look the way it does?

I'm wondering about the functionality with the tires being so large that'd really kill the manueverability, wouldn't it? Ok, there's a military mechanically inclined lot here at MW, so speculate. :) Why does it look the way it does?

I'm guessing that if they put Batman on a more "normal" looking bike, tires and all, it wouldn't look outrageous enough for the character of Batman himself. Or, you could just chalk it up to the tasteless over-designing that Hollywierd tends to do for all of their work...

I'm guessing that if they put Batman on a more "normal" looking bike, tires and all, it wouldn't look outrageous enough for the character of Batman himself. Or, you could just chalk it up to the tasteless over-designing that Hollywierd tends to do for all of their work...

That was my initial impression, but I was hoping there was something that I missed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that the bike is like an escape pod type thing that pops out of the tumbler or something like that because the giant tires seem similar to the ones used on the tumbler (tear for the supposed destruction of the tumbler, I love that vehicle). Bats didn't anticipate the tumbler being destroyed and had no backup. That's what I think anyway.

• 3 months later...