The Dark Knight Thread

I have complete faith in christopher nolan's abilities as a direct as he has never dissappointed me and all his movies are amazing. I am sure this one is sure to surprise everyone just like the last one did. With his batman everything has a purpose so i am sure there is a great reason for this batpod in the film and i am sure that when we see it in action everyone one who had an issue will be like "oh wow um nevermind this thing is cool as all hell." I remember when people were b***in about the tumbler and now it is like the greatest thing ever.

Edited by kanedaestes

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the discussion, but does anyone think that the new-look Joker is perhaps, maybe, inspired by the psychotic gangster played by Tadanobu Asano in the cult film Ichi the Killer? If Heath Ledger plays Joker anything near as crazy as Tadanobu did, I'd be a happy camper! :-)

ICHI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on the photos, is the Joker's white face and red lips make-up instead of his skin being that way due to the chemical bath? I still wish they changed the gold utility belt to black or silver color to make it darker looking.

Based on the photos, is the Joker's white face and red lips make-up instead of his skin being that way due to the chemical bath? I still wish they changed the gold utility belt to black or silver color to make it darker looking.

Look like they did to me. Look at the crouching picture again, the belt looks (to mee) to be silverish possible steal or something.

Chris

Look like they did to me. Look at the crouching picture again, the belt looks (to mee) to be silverish possible steal or something.

Probably lighting and Photoshop. Just like how the batsuit in BB is black but looked dark grey in the movie and stills. I'm not going to worry about the batsuit.

And yes, the Joker's "make-up" is make-up. I'm interested to see how Ledger's Joker turns out since it's somewhere in-between the original 1940s mass-murdering Joker and the Killing Joke Joker.

Ya know I really should go downtown(Chicago). They've been shooting here most of the summer. Reports are that Christian Bale is a pretty good guy. Most people here don't even know who he is lol. I'll just leave my wife at home.."oh he's so hot" whatever lol

I like the new pics and costumes. Looking forward to this one.

Hahahaha, brilliant :)

Given that so many super heroes have chest symbols, I assume someone invented the idea as a possible explanation and other writers adopted it. Whether or not Frank Miller was the first, I can't say for sure. I seem to recall this issue being covered in the old Punisher War Journal books, but I can't say for certain.

Superman was probably the first, and he's set the mold in many ways. I'd figure the bigger reason for the lack of detail was back then they really didn't want to spend that much time drawning Batman if they didn't have to. His costume should be rationally stealthy, meaning features should be hidden not embellished.

I saw the teaser at the theatures. Not bad but I still want Mark Hamill. :(

I don't think that they're all stuntmen given that they are not all wearing the same costume, the one in the rifle pictures is clearly wearing a costume from the other movie. And why would Batman be carrying a rifle?

They're just stuntment, fellas.

Thanks for the link to new pictures. Looking good!

I don't think they're stuntmen, my guess is they're going to be the joker's henchmen dressed up like batman in order to cause the police and the people of gotham to fear and distrust the batman.