Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

Wow! To make my point I have to use a quote I heard coming out of watching Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones in an analogy.

The Revoltech VF-1J is to the Toynami super-poseable as "Yoda made Jet Li look like Mike Tyson". :lol:

As cool as it looks, I'm not too crazy about the small missile pods. Looks like they could have been bigger without interfering with the poseability. While not too big of a deal, I just don't understand why they went with DYRL armor. As others have mentioned, GBP armor would have been more appropriate. It's been awhile since I've watched DYRL, but wasn't there a very short scene where even in that there was a VF-1J in GBP armor? Doesn't make sense why these Japanese companies just don't get it right. This valkyrie was never seen anywhere in anime with super/strike armor.

yup....exactly....1J and Fast Pack doesnt go along with each other!!! maybe they were experementing if fans will love a kinda twist with it??? but then again....GBP would even be great!!!

really? What about Max and Miriya? They both flew 1j's in the last arc of SDFM and they both got their own custom color FAST packs.

so uhm, I guess FAST packs and 1j DO go together.

:wacko: ohhh i forgot to mention that i was refering to hik's 1J....my bad!!!

coz....max and miriya never use the GBP???

oooo and yes FP+1J is OK!!! :lol:

really? What about Max and Miriya? They both flew 1j's in the last arc of SDFM and they both got their own custom color FAST packs.

so uhm, I guess FAST packs and 1j DO go together.

Edited by mojacko

Seeing the pics again, I think they did really well to hide the ball joint.

On the other hand, I normally find no faults with Revoltech sculpt, but with this VF-1J, there is somehting funny about the proportion of the chest and tummy, they seem a little small...I can't quit put it, but it is not the best revoltech sculpt...but I'll want one.

I think the only reason why we don't see hikaru's 1j with FAST packs is because he was already flying the 1s by the time the FAST packs were deployed. In one form or another, the 1j is seen with both GBP and FAST packs.

'sides, it's not like they're molded on, if you don't like it, just keep them off.

The thing about them being small is you can have an army of cannon fodder. Most of the non-transforming mecha look better in exaggerated proportions anyway. Yamato already fiddled with the proportions when they did the GBP for the 1/48 vf-1. And look how cool that looked with the beefy shoulders and chest with oversized hands.

Qrau would look awesome with a stand and the knees completely folded up. With all the anime magic that goes on in the anime and the playing around with proportions of the hands (fists looking bigger than they should, nosecone being blunt in battroid mode, and poses that look too organic and not robotic and stiff to be real. (take the scene where hikaru does a roll on the ground with the battroid for example: as if you would be able to do that with a giant robot! :p )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

holy jeebus..... i just saw the pics of these!! that looks frickin awesome! i love posing my toys and that looks really fun to play with... I've stayed away from most of the other rovoltech line of stuff but this looks too good to pass up...

the joints are really well hidden and with all the accesorries this is really cool...

So how are you guys deciding WHERE to preorder from?

I'm thinking HLJ myself but no shipping cost has been posted.

Also, I'm waiting for at least the VF-1S to preorder so I can get both.

As to shipping costs, you could just estimate using another Revoltech. They're all about the same size and weight, the VF-1J's cost shouldn't differ too much.

So how are you guys deciding WHERE to preorder from?

I'm thinking HLJ myself but no shipping cost has been posted.

Also, I'm waiting for at least the VF-1S to preorder so I can get both.

Did you want Roy's VF-1S or Hikaru's VF-1S in DYRL? If it's the latter, you can order both from LOS at Lost & Found Toys (www.laftoys.com). He's very reliable, great customer service, and an awesome vender IMHO.

Did you want Roy's VF-1S or Hikaru's VF-1S in DYRL? If it's the latter, you can order both from LOS at Lost & Found Toys (www.laftoys.com). He's very reliable, great customer service, and an awesome vender IMHO.

I want the Roy VF-1S Revoltech, I don't see it on www.laftoys.com

I want the Roy VF-1S Revoltech, I don't see it on www.laftoys.com

Don't expect the preorders for another month or so.

Pictures of the new mold aren't even out yet.

Don't expect the preorders for another month or so.

Pictures of the new mold aren't even out yet.

As much as i hate to admit it, I just know that one or more of the paint schemes is going to end up being a Friend-shop exclusive or some crap like that. It's just too easy not to do it. 3 VF-1S Paint Schemes, 3 VF-1J Paint Schemes, Countless 1A paint schemes. The question though... is which one will it be and how much is completing the set worth to someone. <_<

Edited by Veritas

As much as i hate to admit it, I just know that one or more of the paint schemes is going to end up being a Friend-shop exclusive or some crap like that. It's just too easy not to do it. 3 VF-1S Paint Schemes, 3 VF-1J Paint Schemes, Countless 1A paint schemes. The question though... is which one will it be and how much is completing the set worth to someone. <_<

Didn't someone here mentioned that the Roy VF-1S Strike pack version will be some sort of exclusive?

I want a Hikaru 1S more than a Roy. In fact i might just be crazy enough and miss the Roy altogether.

A Cannon Fod i might still buy. But the Hikaru 1J is a must.

I heard from my supplier (Kirin Anime - ebay store) that the VF-1S Revy is coming out in the next month or 2 or so.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up.

I'm not sure but i think he meant other releases as well for the Revy Macross line. Hoping for the VF-1S Hikky!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie