Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

This must be the first VF-1 toy that comes with FPs on it's first release, wich is a good thing IMO. Still I'm going to skip these and wait for enemy mecha. Toynami has my buck for decent cheap fastpacked AND transforming VF-1's for now.

They could scare Yamato into making something worth buying.

I doubt it, 150 dollar market versus 25 dollar market.

Well as long as they stand up on their own and dont need to have ball joints filled with crazy glue.

Yamato hasnt really produced anything of real note for ages. Pumping out repaints and the like is not endearing them to me.

Having seen all the new stuff in the flesh all I can say is the VF19 is nice but not that nice at the price being asked, even at Japan prices. All that scale changing dosnt do it for me. Stick to one scale I say.

At least with my models all I get is 1/72 and 1/24 scale. The only problem there is if you want something not made in that scale, but thats no different to the toy market we all want a 1/48 Yammie VF1-D and a Super O.

Hopefully Kaiyodo will do a complete range and stay in one scale. Make all the valks from all the series and do all the Destroids and enemy mecha that will make me happy.

Toy companies don't worry much about scale. They worry more about keeping all the toys a consistent size. The Yamato 1/48 VF-1, 1/60 VF-0 and 1/60 YF-19 are all roughly the same size. I believe all the Revoltechs are roughly the same size, so I wouldn't expect to see accurate scale with the Macross stuff.

The new line of Revoltech "movie versions" Eva-01 + 00 are larger than the first revoltech Eva series.

This is mostly to incorporate working Progressive knife housing slots (opens and closes!)

I am wondering wether they will keep going with the larger scale with other lines coming up ....

The new line of Revoltech "movie versions" Eva-01 + 00 are larger than the first revoltech Eva series.

This is mostly to incorporate working Progressive knife housing slots (opens and closes!)

I am wondering wether they will keep going with the larger scale with other lines coming up ....

Seriously? The Revoltech stuff look nice, but the small size puts me off because I have some older 7" Eva figures and I like consistency in my collection, otherwise they sound great. If they really are bigger, well more power to them although I'm still with "if it doesn't transform, I wont get it" crowd. The fact that there aren't really any well priced, decent quality, transforming valkyrie's kinda stinks.

Guys i been lieing to yas :(, all this time i thought the New Revoltech Eva lines had working/opening progressive

knife openings... but they don't. <_< I looked more closely at the hlj accessory pic with all the different hands

and so on, and there it is, a stiff, lifeless progressive knife sticking out wedged in the shoulder armor, just sitting

there. :angry::( bummer! The only thing that works is the retractable telescoping scope thinghy for snipin. :p

I ... apologize. T_T

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Seriously? The Revoltech stuff look nice, but the small size puts me off because I have some older 7" Eva figures and I like consistency in my collection, otherwise they sound great. If they really are bigger, well more power to them although I'm still with "if it doesn't transform, I wont get it" crowd. The fact that there aren't really any well priced, decent quality, transforming valkyrie's kinda stinks.

Revoltechs VF-1's should be more poseable than the Toynami 1/100 VF-1's...

But Toynami's are fully transformable, and cheap as well.

The revoltech will be perfectly shaped in Batts though, and the poseablitiy should be fantastic, as are all the revoltech line.

Revoltech figures of all the non-transforming zentradi mecha would be so awesome. They would be idiots to not do this regardless of if the valk sells. It would be a shame if the opportunity to do these was based on the idea that "if the battroid isn't selling neither will powered armors, so let's not do any more macross figures." Vf-1 is a transforming vehicle so people have gotten used to expecting this in a toy now.

Posable Regult, Glaug, Destroid tomahawk, monster, qrau, male power armor, zentradi soldiers etc should all be considered if they have any sense. They could do all the variations: green qrau, blue qrau, red qrau, yellow qrau, purple qrau, and beause they are so cheap people would have no problem buying them up.

Destroid? I want my Spartan with the billy club beating up a zentradi giant with alien bloodstains on the club and removable armor on the zentradi. (ok maybe not reasonable to expect that)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Revoltech figures of all the non-transforming zentradi mecha would be so awesome. They would be idiots to not do this regardless of if the valk sells. It would be a shame if the opportunity to do these was based on the idea that "if the battroid isn't selling neither will powered armors, so let's not do any more macross figures." Vf-1 is a transforming vehicle so people have gotten used to expecting this in a toy now.

Posable Regult, Glaug, Destroid tomahawk, monster, qrau, male power armor, zentradi soldiers etc should all be considered if they have any sense. They could do all the variations: green qrau, blue qrau, red qrau, yellow qrau, purple qrau, and beause they are so cheap people would have no problem buying them up.

Destroid? I want my Spartan with the billy club beating up a zentradi giant with alien bloodstains on the club and removable armor on the zentradi. (ok maybe not reasonable to expect that)

that would be sooooo cool.....a zentraedi poseable army.......battling the poseable VF'ssssss!!!

I'm so bored with the VF-1, but if Kaiyodo did the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0A/S & SV-51, I'd buy them in a heart beat. Oh, a Destroid Cheyenne would be cool as well.

Graham

So besides trolling the Gundam threads bashing the RX-78 and all its iterations, now Graham is now going to be bashing our beloved VF-1 Valkyrie and all it's various versions. ;)

lol @ trolling.

I made a decision yesterday... 1/48's SUCK! .... at posing. haha

I have totally pushed my 1/48's to the limits poseability wise, and i crave more.

BRING ON THE VF-1S HIK WITH STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How i LONG for a decent poseable VF-1 Battroid.

I know the Toynami 1/100's are coming out with Hik's 1S with Strike... but the Revoltechs will be some awesome.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So besides trolling the Gundam threads bashing the RX-78 and all its iterations, now Graham is now going to be bashing our beloved VF-1 Valkyrie and all it's various versions. ;)

To be fair, Graham has stated several times that he's fed up with the VF-1 and to be honest, me too. I know Kaiyodo must do the VF-1 to begin their Revy Macross line, but I'm waiting for them to move forward to other Macross mecha.

To be fair, Graham has stated several times that he's fed up with the VF-1 and to be honest, me too. I know Kaiyodo must do the VF-1 to begin their Revy Macross line, but I'm waiting for them to move forward to other Macross mecha.

Yeah seriously though above all others if they could make a Super Poseable Revy YF-21 i'd be all over that.

I don't hate the VF-1, far from it. It's one of my all time favorite mecha designs and my Yamato 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valk remains my all time favorite toy. It's just the market has been over-saturated with VF-1 toys in the past 5 years. I'd far rather see other VFs get the toy treatment.

As for the RX-78, that's just fugly. :p

Graham

Agreed with the RX-78. Especially on screen. As a model though, it's not so bad.

Haha a superposable regult. Soooo easy to make.....all it needs is superposable chicken legs. :p

Haha a superposable regult. Soooo easy to make.....all it needs is superposable chicken legs. :p

The Regult has always reminded me of a bird egg with long chick legs and feet poking outta the bottom in a cartoon sorta way

Since the start of 1/48's for me... and i was even late coming into collecting them!

I am glad i didn't start earlier. Even though my first Valk was the 1/60 VT-1 SuperO, the 1/48's were

already past 2nd or 3rd production lines. But of course i got the VT-1 as it was my fav valk anyways. :p

But my Hikky 1S 1/48 was the next fav!!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It has been for the past 7 years.

Graham

Actually, I only started collecting Yamato 1/48 VF-1s about 1.5 years ago. Lucky in a way, since I missed all of the first run production issues.

:lol:

I am ashamed to admit that for the longest time I was satisfied with Toynami's MPC veritechs ...until I stumbled onto MacrossWorld ....

Edited by Vermillion21