Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

Not to be negative, but apparently the panel lines on the inner leg seem a little off. (see first pic for reference) Plus, the hands are also DYRL. Other than that, it is a little nice piece of heaven. Too bad I don't have any money to put into my hobby. I'm still missing the 19 with FPs :(

looking at the posability of the VF-1 makes me think that other VF's could greatly benefit with the Revoltech treatment; the first that came to mind was the VF-2SS w/o SAP armor, as that is one that always looked cool in the intro pose.

Its funny reading the flow of member's opinions regarding this release (or maybe some of the Macross toys releases in the past).

People were initially like, "wow that looks awesome. definitely a must have" and slowly turned "wait, theyre not using the TV fast packs" or "that seam lines are just fugly"... :lol:

Its funny reading the flow of member's opinions regarding this release (or maybe some of the Macross toys releases in the past).

People were initially like, "wow that looks awesome. definitely a must have" and slowly turned "wait, theyre not using the TV fast packs" or "that seam lines are just fugly"... :lol:

LOL

Hmmm do I hear a lynching party forming. :unsure:

Always prefered the DYRL FP anyhow.

I would like to go on record as saying that if you still don't want to buy this toy after seeing those latest images (above). . . then you are not a Macross fan. :lol:

WOW!

That thing looks ultra-posable. Unlike the old Toynami Super-posables that just bent the mold all up and said: "You can 'super' pose it this way. . . or this way. . . enjoy."

As for TV vs Movie FAST Packs. . . I pride myself on not giving a crap. Would never notice unless it were pointed out to me.

H

Just wait till it was released and it don't look as nice as the promotional pictures. Given the history of Revotech releases, it will happen.

The promotional pictures of any toy/model/figure are going to look phenomenal since they have to use those pictures to convince ppl. to buy them, but that doesn't mean the toy is going to look radically different than what they show in the pictures. At least not for revoltech.

Anyways, thanks to those pics. i'm more than a believer now. I've got pretty much all of the Revoltechs released so far and i'm not disappointed in any of them, except for maybe the amount of accessories some come with compared to others, but otherwise, the line hasn't failed me yet.

I just added pre-orders for this guy. I have a feeling this will probably my favorite of the Revoltechs that I actually opened (Prime, Megatron, Magnus, Ingram 02, Griffon, & Mazinger). Mazinger is pretty sweet, but trying to get him to pose with some of the accessories can be a pain. The VF-1J looks pretty easy with the fast packs parts on or off.

Does anybody knows how tall this is? I'm tempted to get one to see if I can salvage some things for my Toynami 1/100, like the hands or maybe some joints :)

Can't really say just yet mate, but i figure if it's in scale with the other revoltech releases so far it'll be around 5" to 6".

sweeeeeeeeeet.

Just early birdied. Along with the new Eva Revoltech Early Birds as well. I was hoping it would come in before the 23rd!

I'll see what other early birds i can shop around for as well. *edit* found a cheap Asuka one for 11 US. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If this is considered as the 2nd Generation Revoltech, it might get a bigger body like the Moview Evas, let's hope!!!!!

Can't really say just yet mate, but i figure if it's in scale with the other revoltech releases so far it'll be around 5" to 6".

Looks very cool in those pics. This is exactly why a Qrau needs to be done. You can't bend the knees on the yamato 1/60 which is just so wrong since it's movement makes it seem like it is one of the more agile mecha in the anime. (zigzagging through missile swarms and saying "F-U" you to all the male zentradi cannon fodder power armor). :D

GDS-8542_01.jpg

I know it's not nice to repost the same image but holy dogpoop that is nice. I had the banpresto in that pose for ages. :D It's the iconic lineart image of the valk with bulging fist and bent elbow.

See those hands yamato? That's what the vf-1 dyrl valks need as non-posable extras with the chicken hands. It's all about presentation.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker