CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Fact of the matter is, I look at CM's Legioss and I see one of my favorite mechs from one of my favorite anime series. I really see no 'problems' in the pictures. I honestly don't care if the rest of the world thinks it looks like a chocolate covered duck boat. Just makes me the only sane person. :p

Heh- then I'll try to stop griping and being a pain in the arse.

It's great that you enjoy it Eriku - again, all criticism aside, the most important thing is that MOSPEADA toys are seing the light of day again. If someone could convince CM's to give a set to me for free they'd get an impartial review - honest! ;P

This is one of my favorite mecha as well - in highschool I filled notebooks with MOSPEADA scenes and even made a couple of attempts at 3D animations and old pixel style video-games (maybe having to depict the thing myself is why I'm so critical of what I see).

Of course that just makes us two different varieties of nutty fanboy (although who's the peanut and who's the pistaccio is beyond me). :)

And for Fly4Victory - your short and sweet version is probably about right!

Edited by NeoverseOmega

Although oddly enough many Macross toys by Yamato are in this price range...yet the complaints for those aren't as wild and accusatory and people in general are relatively forgiving of Yamato's prices. Yeah, no lesson learned, I'm still confused. :lol:

People are willing to spend money on Yamato toys, beacuse they know that Yamato is going to be as accurate and faithful to the lineart as possible.

Graham

People are willing to spend money on Yamato toys, beacuse they know that Yamato is going to be as accurate and faithful to the lineart as possible.

Graham

Ah yes, good old lineart accuracy. A subtle flavor I'll apparently never savor. ^_^

Ah yes, good old lineart accuracy. A subtle flavor I'll apparently never savor. ^_^

The CMS Legioss/Tread doesn't just diverge from mere "line art accuracy". It makes major changes to how the Legioss transforms and gross alterations to how the parts are laid out in fighter mode and when linked up. It doesn't just reinterpret the design. It changes it for the worse for no good reason (so far as I can tell). The ugly intakes are a mere diversion from the line art. The ugly splayed out legs are either gross negligence, laziness, or a massive compromise for the soldier mode. Notice that we haven't seen a single shot of the Legioss from underneath. My guess is because it looks heinous, with the knee caps scooping outward at akward, ugly angles. The Tread actually looks pretty decent, as far as I'm concerned.

The CMS Legioss/Tread doesn't just diverge from mere "line art accuracy". It makes major changes to how the Legioss transforms and gross alterations to how the parts are laid out in fighter mode and when linked up. It doesn't just reinterpret the design. It changes it for the worse for no good reason (so far as I can tell). The ugly intakes are a mere diversion from the line art. The ugly splayed out legs are either gross negligence, laziness, or a massive compromise for the soldier mode. Notice that we haven't seen a single shot of the Legioss from underneath. My guess is because it looks heinous, with the knee caps scooping outward at akward, ugly angles. The Tread actually looks pretty decent, as far as I'm concerned.

But you know what? A lot of that is still speculation. Nobody here has handled one of these yet. Even still, just going by the pics I've seen I think it looks just like a Legioss toy. And better yet is that it looks like a Legioss toy I can actually play with. ^_^

Jenius is right, dude. You don't need to justify yourself just because you're the only one who still likes the damn thing. To each his own ;)

Hey Eriku is not the only guy on here who actually likes what CMs is offering. Sure it has its quirks, but hey it screaming out to be an awesome toy. By the way I just got my 1/35 blue Excite/Gakken MIB today. I didn't know the old legioss had so many ratcheting joints! B)) Truly a remarkable feast of toy engineering from 20 years ago!

Edited by SuperHobo

By the way I just got my 1/35 blue Excite/Gakken MIB today. I didn't know the old legioss had so many ratcheting joints! B)) Truly a remarkable feast of toy engineering from 20 years ago!

Nice. I would love to owe one of those someday ...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Vermillion21

Wow Eriku... uh that's a hell of an argument. "You can't say that the easily seen design overhauls are definitely there, you haven't handled the toy." followed by "I like it 'cause it looks durable!" WTF?

I'm referring to how the legs are transformed, weather or not the knees slide, etc. We don't know for certain how that stuff works yet. I'm assuming it's built like a toy (ie durable) because SaveRobotech said it was after he saw them in person.

Out of curiosity, what keeps people coming back to this thread? If this thing is such an abomination and so terrible and not worthy of existing, why is the thread so popular? Wouldn't you just write off the thing as something you don't want and be done with it? Do people really just like to bitch that much? The main reason I check in here is to see if any new pics have been added, or if it's been released. Most comments I make are meant to lighten the atmosphere or inject some optimism. Kittens and bunnies, remember? :p

Edited by eriku

Out of curiosity, what keeps people coming back to this thread?

I keep coming back because I'm a moderator and I have to check threads to make sure everyone is playing nice.

I only post when someone types something that makes my eye twitch or when I feel my opinion on this toy is being miscast. There is no "right" or "wrong" opinion to have on this toy, and everyone is entitled to post what they feel about it.

I keep coming back because I'm a moderator and I have to check threads to make sure everyone is playing nice.

I only post when someone types something that makes my eye twitch or when I feel my opinion on this toy is being miscast. There is no "right" or "wrong" opinion to have on this toy, and everyone is entitled to post what they feel about it.

Wish this thread had some of the magic the YF-21 thread has: very "sacred lineart" innacuracy in robot mode but almost zero bitching. Guess people can like stuff that doesn't follow lineart.

Out of curiosity, what keeps people coming back to this thread?

I keep coming back in the hopes that we get an update where CMS says "Oh, those were just goofy prototype pics with prototype querks, here's the real toy", and then it looks like a Legioss.

I keep coming back in the hopes that we get an update where CMS says "Oh, those were just goofy prototype pics with prototype querks, here's the real toy", and then it looks like a Legioss.

Your in luck, it already looks like a Legioss! (and I've ask people that have a faint memory of Robotech and they all identify it as the plane of the third part of the series). ;)

What about chocolate air? When is that going to happen?

Don't tell me you missed chocolate air, Roger! It was all the rage with the secretaries at my office back in 2004. Had to shut it off because productivity took a serious nosedive. One might ask what chocolate air is doing in a lawfirm in the first place, but hey, it's CHOCOLATE AIR. You don't question that kind of science.

For me it's similar. I'm hoping we get an announcement that Beagle or Megahouse or anyone really is also going to do a Legioss & Tread. Either that or we find out that the Legioss fighter is mistransformed in all the pics and the knees don't really stick out so far.

Had to shut it off because productivity took a serious nosedive. One might ask what chocolate air is doing in a lawfirm in the first place, but hey, it's CHOCOLATE AIR. You don't question that kind of science.

Eriku is forgiven all past transgressions for the funniest post I've read on MW in some time. My kinda stuff.

I've not gone back and read too far into the 57 pages of posts on this. Here's my 2 cents, coming from someone who's been buying this crap since Mospeada was still on the air.

CM's is a small company, even compared to Yamato. The cost to produce it was probably higher than anything else they've done, and the questionable demand for a product that isn't exactly a big property in Japan means this is a very low production run, considering CM's doesn't have huge runs in the first place. The fact that it's presold out everywhere cements the fact that there weren't that many to go around. This is the biggest reason the cost is so high.

As for the design, I can only speculate, as can everyone else. Unless you know somebody at CM's you can't state anything but your opinion, nor can I. Nobody here has held a finished sample to my knowledge, I know some have seen them up close, but even the ride armors were shown in the wrong state in official photos up until they were released.

I've heard tales from friends in the toy design/sculpting industry that often a client gives hardly any artwork or source material to help illustrate how something looks from all sides. I've got several Mospeada art books and there isn't a whole lot covering the whole Tlead/Legioss union. It seems the animators just kind of shoved them together and didn't account for real mass/physics to factor into it. It's also not uncommon for a studio to ignore what others have done, either for fear of a lawsuit or just plain old pride, and just reinvent the wheel.

Their take on the Legioss (from available pictures) is a bit odd, the legs fold up instead of slide, the tail fins appear to not slide down or pivot enough to clear the forearms. The Tlead looks pretty damn accurate, with only the huge bar connecting them being the white elephant. It could be better, it could be worse, but it is what it is and until somebody gets a finished production pice it's all speculation. I've got one ordered and I'll report my findings, as I'm sure others will too.

Is the toy worth $280? As a mass-produced toy from Bandai or Hasbro hell no. As a limited production niche market piece offering something people have waited 25 years for maybe. It all comes down to how much you want it. People comparing this to a Transformer toy in terms of price have no understanding of economics or production costs. And affordable Japanese toys is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

And one last comment. Anyone talking about Yamato's fair pricing for quality doesn't own one of their 1st Scopedogs, Garlands, Quedluun Rau or remembers paying $150 for the GBP-1 armor.

And one last comment. Anyone talking about Yamato's fair pricing for quality doesn't own one of their 1st Scopedogs, Garlands, Quedluun Rau or remembers paying $150 for the GBP-1 armor.

and the motoslave for 70 :ph34r:

Is the Legioss/Tread set still available for preorder at HLJ?

I have mine on preorder since the first day it was available, but now it's not even listed.

I can only acces the product description through my account where it's on preorder or typing the series name in the home page. If you look for it in the future release items list or by company it's not listed!

I hope HLJ doesn't cancell my preorder :mellow:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I don't think you'll find a lot people around here who think Yamato's prices are fair, hence all the b!tching about it. I did said people keeps buying their toys because they're great.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy