CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Most definitely Toynami/Aoshima display, NOT CM's.

Graham

well i suppose aoshima will be coming a beta/tread afterall well in terms of design, and connectivity i think it's gonna be better then CM corp, perhaps but i was looking at the legioss pics earlier on and i think this time round aoshima is not using rubber hands, but plastic hands like those found on gundam and such.. maybe some things was improved.. but i dare not confirm till it comes out.. =) but transformation wise i think there is something to look forward to with those missles and extra stuff..

=)

Well what do u guys think?

i will get one for myself most definately.. =)

i currently own two of each MPC Alpha. I will be selling one of each and buying one of each Aoshima version. I will also be buying one of each CMs version. I will also be buying every ride armor toy. I am a Mospeada whore.

Ahh interesting. So Aoshima officially throws its Tread into the ring now as well. I love all this escalation.

So now we have Legioss/Treads from CM's and Aoshima. And Ride Armors from Toynami, Beagle and Megahouse. That's kinda crazy.

I really hope that the fighter mode is much improved, because it looks like crap. If it's not, I will go with the Aoshima version even if it's just a slightly improved Toynami Alpha.

So far, I am pretty disapointed. :(

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Ahh interesting. So Aoshima officially throws its Tread into the ring now as well. I love all this escalation.

So now we have Legioss/Treads from CM's and Aoshima. And Ride Armors from Toynami, Beagle and Megahouse. That's kinda crazy.

I'm still looking at the megahouse stuff, really nice. Maybe toynami should start their robotech ride armor from scratch and base the toys on these things. :D

Managed to find a pic of the Tread from Shizuoka. Nothing new, looks like the same resin proto we've seen befrore:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/46shizuoka/04/25.html

Nope, specially, look at the connecting latch on that one vs. this one. I'd have a hard time believing that CM would go and switch from what appears to be a superior connector to an inferior one. As others have said, that looks like the Toynami Beta/Tread.

i think cm corp's tread have an openable cock pit rite?

I highly doubt the CM Tread will have an opening cockpit. It didn't look like it had any such mechanism.

The Toynami/Aoshima will, although the end result makes me think this wasn't such a good idea.

I highly doubt the CM Tread will have an opening cockpit. It didn't look like it had any such mechanism.

The Toynami/Aoshima will, although the end result makes me think this wasn't such a good idea.

I'm not as sure about that. Look at the metal pin at the base of the jaw seen here:

IPB Image

It looks like the lower part (what I called the jaw above) could be able to pivot down.

Carl

I'm not as sure about that. Look at the metal pin at the base of the jaw seen here:

IPB Image

It looks like the lower part (what I called the jaw above) could be able to pivot down.

Carl

I had assumed that was a pivot point for the whole cockpit section.

But now that I look more closely, there does seem to be a small gab in the top/bottom halfs. Could be I guess.

lol why dont they make a bigger scale model in the first place... we wouldn't have problems at all. (gakken 1/35 solid as a rock)

Money, to be honest. The price of most plastics has shot through the roof in the last few years and headed up to heights unknown. To make something that big would cost major bucks to the producer, which would in turn inspire them to pass those costs (plus mark-up) onto the customer.

Money, to be honest. The price of most plastics has shot through the roof in the last few years and headed up to heights unknown. To make something that big would cost major bucks to the producer, which would in turn inspire them to pass those costs (plus mark-up) onto the customer.

The cost of plastic is insignificant to the cost of the tooling for these kinds of toys. If the units sold aren't in the 100,000's then a bigger chunk of the mold cost is applied to each unit manufactured.

• 3 weeks later...

There's still a few major issues CM's has to resolve.

The look of the Legioss in fighter mode is just really off. And the Legioss-Tread connection needs to be improved.

But assuming future prototype pics show some significant improvement, it could rule them all.

There's still a few major issues CM's has to resolve.

The look of the Legioss in fighter mode is just really off. And the Legioss-Tread connection needs to be improved.

But assuming future prototype pics show some significant improvement, it could rule them all.

The fighter mode looks like a can of smashed a-holes...on a good day. It sucks, badly. Unless I see some serious improvement, they can keep that POS and I will stick to my Toynami version. Or, better still, if the Aoshima version is truly improved, I will pick them up instead.

-Kyp

The fighter mode looks about as appealing as a can of smashed arseholes, unless the final product is VERY much improved, I will stick to Toynami. Even Toynami's MPC looks far, far better in fighter mode than this abortion of a Legioss.

-Kyp

I really hope that the fighter mode is much improved, because it looks like crap. If it's not, I will go with the Aoshima version even if it's just a slightly improved Toynami Alpha.

So far, I am pretty disapointed. :(

-Kyp

The fighter mode looks like a can of smashed a-holes...on a good day. It sucks, badly. Unless I see some serious improvement, they can keep that POS and I will stick to my Toynami version. Or, better still, if the Aoshima version is truly improved, I will pick them up instead.

-Kyp

Dude, you keep saying the same thing over and over.

• 3 weeks later...

Checked CM's Corporation website and nothing, nada :(

No link, no pictures. Hope it's not vaporware.

Any Japanese speaking member that'd like to send a mail asking for the status of this set?

CM's corp are notorious for not putting anything at all on their website to promote upcoming releases until they're about two or three months away from the shelves.

Also I've yet to see them cancel anything and we're talking about a company that started in the high end toy market with a ridiculously complex and expensive toy (the 16" Genesic GGG).

I really like CM's take on the Legioss and specially the Tread. I *might* get a Toynami/Aoshima Legioss some day but their Tread so far falls short compared to the CM on looks (IMO of course)..