CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

^^Then again, what kind of price tag are they gonna stick on a combo that big?

it really makes no difference as it would be the only one on the market.

suckers will be lining up to buy this one no matter how much it costs, and by suckers i mean me. :D

whatever company puts it out first will make money hand over fist.

which company that will be remains to be seen, i just hope it isn't toynami.

yyeeeeaaaaahhh, that pic looks horrible, i think toynami did it better :huh:

which isn't saying much. I think I'm gonna stay away from all these Mospeada toys. I'm waiting to see the Beagle Ride Armor. I like those little ride armor figures though.... recasts!!!

CM's just had a figure come out called GoShogun. I've read reviews about it and it sounds like its a very very good toy. If the Legioss turns out the same way, I will pick it up.

I'm relatively new to Mospeada so I am more forgiving of whatever inaccuracies this toy has. As long as it is durable, has ratchets, and tight joints, I will buy.

If it can also replicate that pose in armo soldier combined with the tread it will be awesome.

meh its looks ok. the nose looks a little long in fighter mode . At least it doesn't look like some one stepped on it like Toynami's Alpha, aka the worst transforming toy I ever bought. I don't think I'll buying this CMS Legioss anyway.

A little note on the long nose preventing the soldier from mating to the tread in that mode, it should still be possible since we're talking about a toy with a separate mounting piece. All you would need to do is give it a bucket that attaches to the crotch of the soldier (with slots for the hip connections) and then have the arm back to the tread have no center so the arms go around the nosecone. Theoretically this would be a shorter piece so that the front of the Tread was much closer to the back of the Legioss. The connection would be precarious but it could be made pretty solid if it had a locking mechanism that grabbed the top of the crotch area (you would have to hold the nosecone up, lock the connecting arm into place on the legioss, put the nosecone back down, then connect it to the tread and lock it into the tread.

Edited by jenius

Wow... that's bad... still, all of this is based on prototypes (with some sweet paneling) so I'm just hoping these are bits of mistransformation/rough draft. it also looks like the shoulders might have the wrong shape to them and there's definitely some wonkiness with the arms in general. So the Legioss won't look good in any mode other than Armo-Diver?? Let's hope there are many changes still to be made!

Edited by jenius

i wouldn't worry too much about weird prototype transformation pics. if its one thing that i noticed, very few toy companies know how to transform their own products properly. :p shoot even people selling the stuff are totally clueless at times.

One argument against this being a mistransformation though would be the back of the Legioss' legs in Sodlier mode. For some odd reason there's a big chunk missing from the calf area. One reason for this would be if the legs angled outward instead of sliding straight in.

I'm going to withhold final judgment until I see pictures, from multiple angles, of the final product, or at least the off-tool version. Going by the posted prototype pictures CMs' Legioss looks pretty bad and mostly out of proportion. I must say that the one thing Toynami did right is to create a very good rendition for their Alpha (maybe a bit too wide, with Sasquatch feet, and a too upturned nose -- the hog back effect is engineering related IMO, but overall dead on "accurate"); if only the execution had been commensurate with the sculpt (crappy plastic, lousy joints, imbecilic use of die cast, bad paint applications, crumbly hands, bad engineering and QC) the Alpha would be almost perfect.

Edited by mechaninac

if only the execution had been commensurate with the sculpt (crappy plastic, lousy joints, imbecilic use of die cast, bad paint applications, crumbly hands, bad engineering and QC) the Alpha would be almost perfect.

thats a whole lot of if only's :lol:

What's the point in forming an opinion on prototype photos? It's not done yet, and it's obviously not transformed with the parts fitting flush, because the prototype is probably fragile.

Let's take the protophotos with a grain of salt and give 'em some time.

What's the point in forming an opinion on prototype photos?

This is Macrossworld, that's the point. Nothing is ever previewed here without it being viciously savaged and rended limb from limb, amidst complaints of childhoods being raped.

thats a whole lot of if only's :lol:

Exactly my point. The Toynami design is beautiful, but everything else is passable at best; whereas, if nothing changes between now and release date, CMs' Legioss may turn out to be a much better toy from a playability standpoint -- arguably the most important factor where these types of collector's toys are concerned, if you tend to play with them, but it looks like a$$. ;)

Non-prototype pictures will tell the tale once those are available.

which isn't saying much. I think I'm gonna stay away from all these Mospeada toys. I'm waiting to see the Beagle Ride Armor. I like those little ride armor figures though.... recasts!!!

Ill have to get it anyway <_< I just cant help myself

Let's take the protophotos with a grain of salt and give 'em some time.

I think everyone has been pretty clear that it's just the prototype they're picking apart and that we all have higher hopes for the finished product. I see absolutely no harm in viciously ripping every aspect of the prototype apart... that's exactly why prototypes are created. You get the thing in hand, you pour over every detail, you figure out what does and doesn't work, you refine the product. Hopefully, no matter what amount of rape we claim, the people over at CMs are being even more critical of the product.

I wonder if toy makers show their protos in magazines to lurk on toy forums like this one and check the collector's reactions for improvements. I hope they do.

As for the hole in the calf I think is too big for the angle needed to the "transformation" on the pic. You can have a Toynami bend the knee like that and it doesn't need a big hole in the leg to do it. But I just can't figure out what other pourpose it could possibly serve.

I wonder if toy makers show their protos in magazines to lurk on toy forums like this one and check the collector's reactions for improvements. I hope they do.

What I like to think is that prototypes are purely meant for marketing purposes as far as the public's being able to look at them. They generate stir as people debate how they could be better or what they like about it. Therefore, all the speculation we're engaging in is exactly what the company would hope to have happen.

Then, in the meantime, the designers and powers that be within the company really dig at the prototype and determine what they can do to make it better and easy to mass produce. I don't think they're really scouring the Internet for other people's opinions though, I would guess the designers of these toys have a good deal of passion and resources and any nitpicks we're coming up with they've already been over 100 times. They probably do stuff like communicate with the original designer of the mecha and review the very best lineart and stuff like that to see what changes they ought to make. In the end, it may seem like they've responded to Internet criticism but really they just refined their own prototype to meet their own high expectations. Of course, no one is more acutely aware of the compromises that need to be made to make an awesome toy that is also profitable than the people being told to make their dreamwork of engineering simpler and easier to handle.

The fighter mode looks about as appealing as a can of smashed arseholes, unless the final product is VERY much improved, I will stick to Toynami. Even Toynami's MPC looks far, far better in fighter mode than this abortion of a Legioss.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

No matter how much we may batty and moan about the CM's sculpt, we're probably all gonna end up buying it anyway. :D

Graham

unless things really change, I'm going to take a pass on this one. that wonky leg transformation aside, the arm nacells just sit way too close together in fightermode... looks just wonky at every angle. I'll just have to live with my gimpy toynami.

We may end up buying them, but on new flood of Mospeada, Toynami did put out their Legioss at a better time. I'm actually kinda shocked that Toynami so far, has a better looking toy. Even Toynami's prototype pics looked better. I do hope CMs looks at boards to gauge potential consumer interest.

As for the link-up, it's dookie. I'm not reading into it too much, but I do hope they get someone who can actually link it up porperly next time. :D

About the linkup, I just remembered that the Legioss don't use it's landing gear when connected to the Tread. And in the mag scans, the Tread has the landing gear out. Maybe they just pose them that way since the Tread proto is too fragile to support the Legioss' weight.

And yes, I'll end up buying at least one unless it really really REALLY sucks.

About the linkup, I just remembered that the Legioss don't use it's landing gear when connected to the Tread. And in the mag scans, the Tread has the landing gear out. Maybe they just pose them that way since the Tread proto is too fragile to support the Legioss' weight.

I think the mag scan is just a "maybe that's what it looks like" kind of pic. The Legioss' gears and tailfins are out, which isn't accurate to anime. To be honest, it looked like the TREAD humping the Legioss.

I doubt it would be like that in the final. It's probably a prototype which didn't have the necessary couplings.

At any rate, it's now down to individual taste. Those who would buy would, those who won't might change their minds after reviews..

I don't know. Based on the connecting piece we saw from the Wonder Festival prototype (complete with landing gears and Legioss connection point), you can make some pretty solid guesses on how the connection may wind up.

That all said, despite whatever concerns I may have, you know my sorry butt is gonna buy at least one of these things (assuming the price is reasonable).

It becomes more a question of who (between CM's and Toynami's versions) I'll buy the multiples from. Of course, Toynami's continual vaporware Beta situation may make this issue moot.

.......Like everyone else here, I just hope CM's takes whatever extra time they need to improve/refine the Legioss' sculpt and that damn blasted connection! ;)

Edited by Mog