CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I just had a thought. As CM's Corp are releasing PVC enemy labors in scale with their die-cast Ingram toy, I wonder if they might release PVC Inbit toys inscale with the upcoming Legioss & Tread.

Graham

Graham, if that happens it would be good news..

Well anyone happen to get a decent pic of the Legioss and Tread?

By CM corp of cos =)

Anyway, if toynami's alpha and beta or CM corp's legioss and tread comes out i will get a set each.

Well just to have a side by side comparison maybe.. =)

but i thinki jap stuff will not be that bad i think..

that's my personal opinion.. =)

Edited by eyesonme78

I just had a thought. As CM's Corp are releasing PVC enemy labors in scale with their die-cast Ingram toy, I wonder if they might release PVC Inbit toys inscale with the upcoming Legioss & Tread.

Graham

sounds way too good to be true. that would be great if they did and came with all the varients

Graham

Now that would be very nice, time will tell.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Overall, I can live with the changes, I kinda even like the modernization since Toynami replied to one of my e-mails and said they are still working on it (and displayed the Beta at a semi-recent toyfair this year). Toynami's looks like the "flying brick" while CM did their usual thing and added some modernization to the toys. However, I don't like the way the arms droop in jet mode and look to be pulled at a funny angle when combined. And I really don't like the way the Alpha's nose points down when combined...that just doesn't look good at all. Looking at the pics, the Beta actually points up a little bit while the Alpha is pointed down, which means that in flight, one or the other would be at somewhere at around a 40 degree angle to the other one. That's bad for flying. I really hope that they make them connect a little straighter before release and that the problem is due to the toys being resin.

Is the cyclone armor figure a static pose figure or did they put in a few joints?

Don't worry. I'm sure somebody is smart enough to know these will sell like crazy. I bet they work out the deformed sculpts too. The funny thing is this thread is several pages long over a toy that doesn't exhist :D ! Hopefully CM knows there's serious fans out there. You can count me in that category. - MT

Update from Yacolog...

BRAVE series 09 is now Griffon from Patlabor due late September.

That means we may not have Legioss + Tread this summer, but I would rather wait for more improvements...

:blink: hopefully it's not a vapourware like toynami.. :unsure:

I would highly doubt it. Toynami actually had a motive to put out their vapourware (selling more of the Alphas that weren't selling well). This company doesn't really have other Beta/Tread related items out that would sell b/c of the announcement.

well i suppose we will have to wait and see.. :(

hopefully CM corp will come out with more improvements and such, making it a durable and close to anime toy.. well i am only hoping so .. =)

But i am looking forward to the cyclone being made..by mega house seems promising... aoshima's alpha seems okie.. having a preorder at USD$72.67 well maybe i get them as well... :lol:

well i suppose we will have to wait and see.. :(

hopefully CM corp will come out with more improvements and such, making it a durable and close to anime toy.. well i am only hoping so .. =)

But i am looking forward to the cyclone being made..by mega house seems promising... aoshima's alpha seems okie.. having a preorder at USD$72.67 well maybe i get them as well... :lol:

To be honest, Aoshima's Alpha looks like Toynami's. I've looked at the images of it and the Toynami one that I own and I can't really see many differences (and the ones I see may just be the pictures at odd angles).

I'm stoked about the cyclones though and still want the CM Alpha/Beta set.

What I really want though is a set of Alpha/Beta's that are small scale even if they have to sacrifice a little articulation or style.

To be honest, Aoshima's Alpha looks like Toynami's. I've looked at the images of it and the Toynami one that I own and I can't really see many differences (and the ones I see may just be the pictures at odd angles).

I'm stoked about the cyclones though and still want the CM Alpha/Beta set.

What I really want though is a set of Alpha/Beta's that are small scale even if they have to sacrifice a little articulation or style.

Well i agree with what you said, but the price that aoshima is offering is quite tempting for me.. at least not that expensive if i purchase from US, as locally not much shop carry the toynami alphas, and i believe it was mentioned aoshima got the sculpts from toynami, reason why i wanted to get them is because i believe that aoshima will have better QC then toynami, i believe.. well i might be wrong about this..

:ph34r::blink:

I bet we all preordered Aoshima`s Legioss but we dare not to say ;).

Nope, not me. I've got 2 Toynami Alphas (blue & green) and that's enough.

I'm going to wait and see the reviews first to see if there are any significant improvements to the build quality and parts fitting before I decide to buy the Aoshima.

While I'm sure the Aoshima will have a better paint job and use better plastic, I don't think it's possible to tweak the molds enough to solve the parts fitting and asymmetrical issues. That would require re-doing the design over in CAD and cutting completely new molds, which would be a huge expense.

Graham

Nope, not me. I've got 2 Toynami Alphas (blue & green) and that's enough.

I'm going to wait and see the reviews first to see if there are any significant improvements to the build quality and parts fitting before I decide to buy the Aoshima.

While I'm sure the Aoshima will have a better paint job and use better plastic, I don't think it's possible to tweak the molds enough to solve the parts fitting and asymmetrical issues. That would require re-doing the design over in CAD and cutting completely new molds, which would be a huge expense.

Graham

One Scott/Stick Alpha is enough for me. Unless they used all metal, the plastic in some areas is just to thin to be improvable. I just don't see how they could use the same molds and get a drastically different result, so I haven't and more than likely won't get one from Aoshima.

I'd love to see a papercraft Beta that looks like the "flying brick" and is large enough to dock w/ the Alpha...actually, I'm working on one myself but it's not likely I'll ever finish it (not looking for incouragement to complete it, too much other stuff I'm busy doing to give it the time it'd require). I've seen some great Macross papercraft things too.

I still very much doubt that the Aoshima will have any sort of significant adjustments. Better plastic? I highly doubt it. It sounded like they're just adding a missile bay and reworking the hips a bit. Still.... I may just have to pick up a Stig to double-check....

I wouldnt buy the Aoshimas. I got 11 alphas from toynami in hopes of getting the beta. Right now, I am seriously thinking of selling all my toynamis and go with CMs. I already sold one Scott alpha for nearly $200 on ebay.

Managed to find a pic of the Tread from Shizuoka. Nothing new, looks like the same resin proto we've seen befrore:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/46shizuoka/04/25.html

I wouldn't be so sure. It doesn't have the curviness that the CM's prototype had.

We've been speculating that it may be a revised version of the Toynami Beta over on this thread.

Managed to find a pic of the Tread from Shizuoka. Nothing new, looks like the same resin proto we've seen befrore:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/46shizuoka/04/25.html

Which Ride Armor is that next to the Tread? Megahouse? Beagle? Toynami?!?! The little sign in front of the Ride Armors looks similar to that in front of the CM's Tread...Could CM's be introducing a Ride Armor as well?

Which Ride Armor is that next to the Tread? Megahouse? Beagle? Toynami?!?! The little sign in front of the Ride Armors looks similar to that in front of the CM's Tread...Could CM's be introducing a Ride Armor as well?

It would SEEM to me (might be wrong) you're looking at two Toynami products. Seeing as CMs is sold in combo packs, and we're seeing a Tread next to what looks to be the Toynami Ride Armor and no Legioss present other than Aoshima's re-tooling of the Toynami version, I'm thinking it's a Toynami display.

Edited by jenius