Yamato 1/48 07 releases? Conjecture...

hutch

Ok, I don't believe we've heard anything official about 1/48 scale VF-1 releases in '07, beyond the "Urban Camo" GBP, right?

So, is there any conjecture as to what MIGHT be coming out?

We know they 'might' reissue the VF-1J Max and Miria and they 'might' or 'might not' be supers.

Could we see a Max TV VF-1A?

Non-cannon repaints?

Note that there were a lot released late last year. Max 1A reissue, Hikaru VF-1S reissue, Kakizaki release, Low Viz 2, Angelbirds and Stealths.

Check it out.

4/2006 VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

4/2006 Super/Strike VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

5/2006 VF-1A Low Visibility v2 (Limited Edition - Non-Canon)

8/2006 GBP-1S v2 (Non-Canon Color Variation)

8/2006 VF-1A 'Angel Birds' (TV)

9/2006 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki (DYRL)

9/2006 FAST Pack Armor Set (Stealth)

1/2006 VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL) (2nd release)

3/2006 VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL) (3rd release)

8/2006 VF-1A Max (DYRL) (2nd release)

I really don't think that we'll see a new release/colour scheme 1/48 for awhile, good as they are now with the QC etc. But eventually, all I want is a Max VF-1S.

They can do a TV max and Kakizaki if they want, but it's not a big deal for me.

Edited by kensei

ok, enough dreaming about the LV1 reissue. It IS NOT HAPPENING. As for the rest, I dont know. I am still concerned for the 2 seaters. As Graham mentions in the interview, they said they will have them but not in 1/48 scale. I wonder what does that mean.

Kensei, why did you list the LV2 as a limited edition? To my knowledge the LV1 is still the only limited version we've seen. Remember when we were being convinced the CF-1A was a limited edition also?

Yeah alright, hold your horses....I copied it from Hurin's list. Forgot to reference. Gotta fix that Hurin,....Boss man.

Edited by kensei

Kensei, why did you list the LV2 as a limited edition? To my knowledge the LV1 is still the only limited version we've seen. Remember when we were being convinced the CF-1A was a limited edition also?

I thought that Graham or someone mentioned that in actuality the CF was produced in more limited numbers than the LV1 not because it was meant to be limited but that's just how it went. I may be confusing it with something else so dont' shoot me if I'm wrong.

ok, enough dreaming about the LV1 reissue. It IS NOT HAPPENING. As for the rest, I dont know. I am still concerned for the 2 seaters. As Graham mentions in the interview, they said they will have them but not in 1/48 scale. I wonder what does that mean.

I think that was just kind of a semantics issue. Here's how I imagine it:

G: "Are you going to do the 2-seaters in 1/48?"

Y: "In 1/48? No." As in, "We've done the 2 seaters but they're in 1/60 scale."

I thought that Graham or someone mentioned that in actuality the CF was produced in more limited numbers than the LV1 not because it was meant to be limited but that's just how it went. I may be confusing it with something else so dont' shoot me if I'm wrong.

The way the CF went down was kind of strange. It seemed like Yamato told all potential vendors to request numbers in advance so they could determine how big the production volume would be. That made the vendors think the CF would be a limited edition. Then Yamato made a production run similar in size to what all the preorder figures were (I'm sure with some amount of slack to round the number up). This doesn't make the CF a limited edition though, Yamato can always make more CFs later, it just ensured that Yamato wouldn't make so many the market would be flooded. Since then it seems all Yamato releases have been rather limited... because they know they can just reissue later.

Edited by jenius

The only 1/48 i've ever really wanted to see is a TV colors VF-1S that comes with 2 color correct pilots (Roy and Hikaru) ,the right stickers and TV fast packs. I'm hoping that yamato might release this for the 25th anniversary but somehow I doubt it.

I agree with the above. Also maybe just release limited numbers of Alaska base green vf-1. Tv fat hands and all.

This might make people curious about the paintscheme because it is only seen for a short time in the tv series. Maybe the fan who has everything will be enticed to get all the tv series stuff because it's "less available" or something.

The thing about the tv series is things generally feel more epic, that there is a like a gundam like range of paint variations for the same thing. Brown vf-1, angel birds vf-1, ace pilot colors with super packs painted in the matching scheme, special hikaru white with red trimmings vf-1J etc. The tv series and all its variations has probably been the collector's only incentive to want to buy the same thing all this time. You don't get this with the transformers as much.

If in the future they start adding more details like tampo printed markings and painted missile tips that would be a nice excuse to buy another vf-1. As of now though, macross plus and zero is going to be a huge drain on the pocket. I hope the profits they make from all this can go into making us the rarely seen mecha like vf-4. The fans deserve that. VF-1 has been done to death. Leave it alone for a while.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think that was just kind of a semantics issue. Here's how I imagine it:

G: "Are you going to do the 2-seaters in 1/48?"

Y: "In 1/48? No." As in, "We've done the 2 seaters but they're in 1/60 scale."

Building on that thought... would expect to see VF-0D and VF-0B in 1/60 scale. At least that is what I hope.

BANG!

i think it would be better if yamato do the prototype and perfect transformation of vf1s 1/48 but in scale 1/60

I have yet to understand why some people want a 1/60 perfect transformation so badly. I've been lurking here for about four years now and I think I can say with relative certainty that it just ain't happening.

But why do you want one anyway? The 1/48's are awsome as it is, and from what I know they seem to sell pretty well. They're perfect, beautiful, and I wouldn't change that just to make them in scale with the 1/60 VF-0 or YF-19. If you ask me, the VF-1 is pretty tiny in comparison and my 1/48's look just fine sitting next to my VF-0As.

Sorry, I don't mean to take it out on you, since you're new here and all. It's just that it feels like I see so many people wanting a perfect transformation 1/60 VF-1 and I really don't think it's worth it nor is it likely to happen.

I want to see more 1/48ths before they go back to a 1/60 scale for the Vf-1.

There are so many that could be done

VE-1

VT-1

Enigma

Min May Moon Act

Paris act

edit: essentially a 1/60 is gonna look like this right ? I cut the outer bell shaped area

and the inner section behind the ball joint to allow the ball joint to fit inside. Theres

nothing holding the joint in place it tends to fall out for right now. With the hip cut

down i think it looks better i cant comment on stability yet because its not done.

I'll continue this when work allows some more spare time. Has anybody done this? any pointers?

[attachmentid=40167][attachmentid=40168]

post-3216-1170566841_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1170567262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

Ok how's this for a bit of conjecture?

Like many I would love a 1/48 enigma, but it may not happen because AFAIK the original custom paint job was on a hasegawa. Why would that matter you may ask. Well, here's the conjecture. There may be some legal entanglements with copying custom jobs done to a differnt manufacturers product. If the enigma custom was commissioned by hasegawa they may own the rights. Or for all we know simply by publishing it on a given product gives that manufacturer some sort of ownership. Who knows?

The reason I mention this is because so far the non canon 1/48 schemes have been either:

1. A yamato creation (LowVisII & Stealth)

2. A published creation applied to a yamato product (LowVisI & Urban Camo GBP-1S)

Of course the fact that Graham said Yamato was considering the super nova schemes for the 1/60 YF-19 puts a hole in my theory since AFAIK those too were originally done on a Hasegawa.

Point is I don't know, that's why it's all conjecture. :D Of course I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I have yet to understand why some people want a 1/60 perfect transformation so badly. I've been lurking here for about four years now and I think I can say with relative certainty that it just ain't happening.

But why do you want one anyway? The 1/48's are awsome as it is, and from what I know they seem to sell pretty well. They're perfect, beautiful, and I wouldn't change that just to make them in scale with the 1/60 VF-0 or YF-19. If you ask me, the VF-1 is pretty tiny in comparison and my 1/48's look just fine sitting next to my VF-0As.

Sorry, I don't mean to take it out on you, since you're new here and all. It's just that it feels like I see so many people wanting a perfect transformation 1/60 VF-1 and I really don't think it's worth it nor is it likely to happen.

God i whole heartedly agree. I've seen many pics of the 1/60 series, and i am sorry they may be more accurate but the 1/48 is stilll waaaaay better lookin. And why do you want small valks anyway? i like that everything is bascially the same size, it looks better when they are displayed next to each other. No one is ever going to walk into someone place and say, "Hey does 1/48 are out of scale from the rest of the valks, god your display sucks now." Everyone that has ever seen my stuff are always impressed by their size and how cool they look, and so am i, leave them the way they are and quite whining about every little thing.

Some of us would like a perfect transformation '60 series VF-1 because 1/60 seems to be Yamato's declared scale for their newer releases. Furthermore, there are those of us who want to display the VF-1 with Yamato's latest releases, such as the '19 and the upcoming '51, however in proper scale. Personally, I think posing a '48 VF-1 besides the '60 Zero and the '100 VB-6 with a Joke Machine up front and a 'Taka SDF-1 in back and a Hikaru man-doll to the right is....silly.

As for the looks of the different scales, I and others like the looks of the '60 VF-1 over the '48 that looks wierd and disproportionate in different modes. All of this of course, is just a matter of personal taste-to each their own, and it really isn't a big deal either way, at least not to me...

Edited by myk

The 1/60 VF-1 is the epitomy of so-so. I would love for them to go back and make a 1/60 VF-1 that actually seems up to the standard of late 1/60 releases. I'm not expecting it to be as cool as a 1/48 but it could very easily be improved. Yes, the 1/60 VF-1S head should have gotten someone fired, it's that bad. Meh CD, the 1S is many people's absolute favorite, what kind of solution is it to tell them to just live with being unhappy with it? It's not a solution at all. The fact that there's room to debate whether or not the 1/60 VF-1 is a better toy than a Toynami MPC alone should be strong support for the 1/60 VF-1 being revisited.

Then don't display the 1S. Honestly, that's one of the worst reasons to go back to 1/60 scale.... for the 1S head? Wow.

Which to be honest, looks worse anyway. 1/48s have the best anime accurate head.

The 1/60 VF-1 is the epitomy of so-so. I would love for them to go back and make a 1/60 VF-1 that actually seems up to the standard of late 1/60 releases. I'm not expecting it to be as cool as a 1/48 but it could very easily be improved. Yes, the 1/60 VF-1S head should have gotten someone fired, it's that bad. Meh CD, the 1S is many people's absolute favorite, what kind of solution is it to tell them to just live with being unhappy with it? It's not a solution at all. The fact that there's room to debate whether or not the 1/60 VF-1 is a better toy than a Toynami MPC alone should be strong support for the 1/60 VF-1 being revisited.

I think you missed my point. I only meant to say that the 1S head shouldn't be the sole factor for Yamato to revisit the 1/60 VF-1. That'd be pointless, and I think most people here agree that 1/60 is a little small for the VF-1. And what of the people who say they are sick of the VF-1? It'd be a bad move to make a new 1/60 VF-1 right now.

Anyway, the S is my least favorite head. Give me an A anyday.

the 1/60 with 1/48 engineering feats?

Even if Yamato were a manufacturer with zero QC-issues, how the hell

are they gonna miniaturize the 1/48 without parts getting flimsy?

even if they'd use NASA technologies, some hinges, stubs, whatever will just be too

small to function properly or stay in place

the 1/60 with 1/48 engineering feats?

Even if Yamato were a manufacturer with zero QC-issues, how the hell

are they gonna miniaturize the 1/48 without parts getting flimsy?

even if they'd use NASA technologies, some hinges, stubs, whatever will just be too

small to function properly or stay in place

If they used NASA's technology, the thing would explode if you forgot to clip a tab or something. :D