Yamato 1/48 07 releases? Conjecture...

hutch

LOL, is the sculpting of a head really that much of a hang up? I mean, that's the easiest out I could ever imagine. "We don't want to spend the 4 cents it'd take us to come up with a new head." If Toynami could do it for their 5000 run YF-1R I'm pretty sure it doesn't even register as an excuse with Yamato.

Yes, the 1/60 VF-1S head should have gotten someone fired, it's that bad.

I believe it's the assembly process that is to blame. As evidence, I've attached a picture of the Yamato employee in charge of securing the battroid heads in place.

post-1617-1170653859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

LOL, is the sculpting of a head really that much of a hang up? I mean, that's the easiest out I could ever imagine. "We don't want to spend the 4 cents it'd take us to come up with a new head." If Toynami could do it for their 5000 run YF-1R I'm pretty sure it doesn't even register as an excuse with Yamato.

Its a lot more than that for toy mold tooling. I forget the exact figures for the construction of something like a transformer, but its in excess of $1000 for parts. and the biiger and more complicated the part, the more it would cost.

That said they dont have to redo the head. just use the 1a head they have painted blue. 1 in 15 people will batty but buy it anyway and it'll be fine.

as for miniatureising the 1/48; they could do that and just change parts. I can live with the nose and flaps locked in place, and even he airbrake. they dont HAVE to move.

Because it's a bland, boring color scheme, that probably wouldn't sell very well.

Also, Yamato have never sculpted and thus do not have the tooling for a TV type 1A head.

Graham

Man, that really surprises me. I understand about the head, but just figured they'd use the DYRL 1A head like they did on the Angel Birds (TV valk). I would think that a lot of people would be all over a cannon color scheme that's never been had in 1/60 or 1/48 from Yamato.

However, that being said, I'm new to this and do not have much of a grasp on the marketing philosophy at work here. Personally I hope it happens, and I know I'd pick up the Max and Kakizaki TV versions were they ever to be released.

I do agree though, that it makes things complete. And Scream Man is right. Who gives a rat's arse if there is a difference between TV and DYRL?. I've gotten past that. TV head would really look ugly IMO.

Just give it TV hands, TV forearms and a TV pilot.

As already said in my questions to Yamato, here are the REAL releases we ALL want:

1) Vf-1S Low Vis or Enigma (i rather the low vis gray scheme, but either way would be nice)

2) Thunder Hammer. Can anyone seriously resist this??? U might say you can, but in the end, you would buy it, and you know it!!!

Thats it for 1/48th for me anyways, unless i see something unexpected which makes my jaw drop!!! I guess anything that is army silver/gray/black would be interesting.

As already said in my questions to Yamato, here are the REAL releases we ALL want:

1) Vf-1S Low Vis or Enigma (i rather the low vis gray scheme, but either way would be nice)

a rerelease of the Low Vis is not gonna happen, the Low Vis colorscheme was a limited release.

2) Thunder Hammer. Can anyone seriously resist this??? U might say you can, but in the end, you would buy it, and you know it!!!

Again, not gonna happen. IIRC the Thunder Hummer is a kitbash, so it's not cannon. I don't think Yamato will make molds for a non-cannon item. BUT, if they were to make it, I too wouldn't be able to resist buying it.

maybe i'm in the minority here but no more VF-1 please! i'm all VF-1'ed out and would rather spend my money on new toys designs. plus the 1/48 VF-1 battroid is kind of ugly...other than when its completely covered up with the GBP armor. they should consider incorporating some of the VF-0 features with future releases otherwise move onto to newer things.

a rerelease of the Low Vis is not gonna happen, the Low Vis colorscheme was a limited release.

Again, not gonna happen. IIRC the Thunder Hummer is a kitbash, so it's not cannon. I don't think Yamato will make molds for a non-cannon item. BUT, if they were to make it, I too wouldn't be able to resist buying it.

dante74,

For the low vis 3 vf-1s, i believe the problem is easily solvable. If low vis 1 scheme cant be remade, then make it like the vf-0a, the stealth (but black heat shield), or just use any gray/steel/aluminium color. Even if they take the color scheme from Masterpiece Starscream would be nice. I preffer uniformity, but i guess the Enigma is an option as well. The only reason i havent bought the new GBP armor is the non-uniformity, and also why the Enigma could also not be my favorate choice.

For the Thunder Hummer, that would be more expensive as they dont have the tooling. What does IIRC and Kitbash mean??? In any case, worst comes to worst, even the color scheme is great for a GBP armor. I think honnestly that this Thunder Hummer is the meanest thing and coolest thing, and sure Yamato would make money on it, and would be worth doing it.

As for the guy that said that 1/48 should be over, well this thread is for those who still want them, and thus the title 1/48. 1/48 are still the safest choice, no flaws, real toy. Some of the newer toy may look better in plane mode, but still, do not have the same perfect tighness, and other flaws in material/strength. So although we are going towards these new designs, there remains alot they get perfected. Waiting for a second/third release of the new toys is longer than yamato making some mods on 1/48th, or just color scheme.

Proof? Of course the past LV v1 won't be reissued, but you seem to be implying that it's the colourscheme.

Edited by kensei

The Low Vis was a limited one time only run produced in very small quantity and will not be reissued.

Graham

Graham,

Can you pls tell us the following:

1) Is the color scheme of the low vis 1 never gonna be reused? Or just the low vis 1 which was a vf-1a anyways, and not the vf-1s that we want now.

In any case, would it be possible to have the same color as a vf-0a on a vf-1S, or something of the genre??? It doesnt have to be as nice as the low vis 1, just in gray or steel type color. Thats a possibility right?? Pll are mentioning the Enigma.

2) Is the Thunder Hummer or even a GPB with a similar color scheme possible, or do you think it wont be done or highly unlikely???

I hope they stick to just the 1/48 and 1/60 scales b/c having to

recollect every single one of these again in another scale is gonna

be rough. although it'd be just as fun.

Edited by Macross73

Proof? Of course the past LV v1 won't be reissued, but you seem to be implying that it's the colourscheme.

The Low Vis was a limited one time only run produced in very small quantity and will not be reissued.

Graham

There you go. That's all the proof I need

Yamato commited to making the Low Vis 1 a 'limited edition' release. If they were to release a Valk with the exact same color scheme and just a different head they would loose a lot of credibility. I know; 'how could they loose any more credibility after the VF-0A CF/Shin debacle?(ShinGate, brought to light by Graham, our very own Deepthroat :D )' Remember it supposedly was Kawamori who said that Shin never had a custom VF-0A but instead flew a standard CF, not Yamato. Yamato owns the rights to the Mac Zero license so they can make any color scheme they like. So what if Kawamori calls the Shin VF-0A non cannon, Yamato doesn't care cause the fans will buy it anyway.

*Waits impatiently for Graham's report on his meeting with yamato*

The meeting was need to know. Graham is not authorized to release the details. :lol:

Punishable by complete Valk depravation. :D

Edited by Dante74

Having just recieved my max 1a and CF 1a yesterday, my love for the 1/48 has really hit its stride again. I cant wait to get the 4 Im missing (Hikaru a, Hayao, a, Angelbird and stealth) but i also wonder what other schemes we could see. I measn the Enigma and minmei guard schemes are thrown around a lot, but what about:

Desert Camo

Blue Roses

Stealth A/S types

Woodland J/S types

Urban camo

Or solid colors like a dark red with black trim, or a deep green. Hell Id buy em.....

I'm right there with you. I got my Angel Birds and LV2 today and those are two AWESOME schemes. I'm totally psyched. I would definitely buy additional paint schemes.

In addition to what SM said, I'd go for:

Arctic Camo 1A (Non-Cannon Alaska Base??)

Marine Camo 1A (Dk. Gray/Green Combo like a Harrier)

Solid Grey (No markings, great for customizing)

Also, I can't wait for my birthday so I can get Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki DYRL 1A's....

Having just recieved my max 1a and CF 1a yesterday, my love for the 1/48 has really hit its stride again. I cant wait to get the 4 Im missing (Hikaru a, Hayao, a, Angelbird and stealth) but i also wonder what other schemes we could see. I measn the Enigma and minmei guard schemes are thrown around a lot, but what about:

Desert Camo

Blue Roses

Stealth A/S types

Woodland J/S types

Urban camo

Or solid colors like a dark red with black trim, or a deep green. Hell Id buy em.....

Edited by hutch