I'm just glad I'm not a F4 fan.

It does drive me nuts when people defend a really bad movie with the line, well what do you expect, it was just a popcorn flick. I love a good popcorn flick as much as the next guy, and there are some people out there who will hate anything thats not an art film. But to let movies like Underworld, AvP, and F4 off the hook as just popcorn flicks does good popcorn flicks a disservice. It puts them on the same level as Batman Begins, the first Pirates of the Carribean ect. (Yes, what people consider a good movies is subjective, but thats not the main focus of this argument.) So yeah... end of mini rant.

Edited by GobotFool

I think it is really hard (Superman aside for some reason) to make a movie when the heroes are on the crazy scale of power (e.g. Galactus, Surfer, Green Lantern and all those Class 500+*). The limit is about Spiderman/Batman levels of power.

It just gets stupid, unbelievable and too full of plot holes when the characters are too powerful.

*Those who played Marvel Super Heroes RPG should get this.

p.s. So when that military chick points that puny pistol at our heroes, they have the time!?!??! to reason with her when the fate of the earth is in balance?!?!!?!? WTF!??!? WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES GUYS!?!?!?!?

the source material isn't the best, meaning the FF comics suck.

So can we expect better from the movie?

I liked SS, he was well done.

The rest of the movie was just like the first one, Little action, and they never exploit the potential of Dr Doom in this movies.

They should of at least put in a siloutte of Galatcus inside that cloud, to make us think, there was something driving that storm, but Galactus as the storm itself, sucks.

And the way he is defeted is a joke.

OK, first of all I dont read superhero comic books, I'm saying of the ones I've read they've actually made sense. And heck yeah, I'm hard on the film... why would I take it easy on people that were paid millions of dollars that can't even deliver a good story much less a good one, or even better, one that isn't written by retards and mongloids. (I apologise ahead to retards and mongloids out there, that may have been too harsh to compared to those writers.)

I can't believe you dont understand what I'm saying, but then again you enjoyed this movie so maybe this all makes sense. OK, I'll play along... here's a list of problems...

1. The government sends a General to interrupt the wedding and Reed refuses to help (I know that he only pretended to refuse, but I'll say it now so you don't get all hissy in me) and Sue lets him refuse. WTF? The fate of the world is on the line and Sue would think that it's ok because their freakin wedding is important? There's two things fundamentally wrong with that... Reed refusing, Sue and everyone else not making a big deal... the scene was done but not before my stomach was.

2. The Silver lets planets get destroyed but saves earth because Alba is bootilicious and reminds him of his ex. But at the end he destroys galactus by what? farting into the incredible cloud that he was. Is that what he did? And then nothing happens to him. So all this time after millions of interstellar lives were spent, he could have just sacrificed himself during the first planet? And he didn't even know that he had a chance of living thru it, so he coulda went back to his chick anyway.

3. Reed Richards dancing... what the fart is up with all these superhero dance numbers? Peter Parker, now Mr. Fantastic? I think Avi Arad has some fruitiness issues.

The story doesnt work... there is no story... the only story happens to be the director's last name, which is a total misnomer.

Regardless if it was stupid? That's the problem right there... people disregarding stupidity, which pretty much answers your question of why people go to see this crap. If you notice though, the stupider the movie the faster they fall off from box office numbers. Remember the amount of weeks Titanic, Pirates, Shrek and even the first Spider-Man stayed on top of the BO? And how fast the inane sequels fell off this year? That's because of the word of mouth spread about how stupid these movies are.

I don't watch the oscars.

If you still dont understand then you'll never understand... but then again maybe its me that unaware that I'm arguing with a 12 year old.

You don't seem to respect other's opinions at all. <_<

This argument is going to go on forever, and your going to go rant about every stupid aspect of the movie and write obnoxiously long essays in your post to just prove your point. I get it.

It's either that or were both just being bias of each other's argument, or your just bashing me because it doesn't seem to go your way.

People wouldn't see the movie if it was stupid, damn...

You don't seem to respect other's opinions at all. <_<

This argument is going to go on forever, and your going to go rant about every stupid aspect of the movie and write obnoxiously long essays in your post to just prove your point. I get it.

It's either that or were both just being bias of each other's argument, or your just bashing me because it doesn't seem to go your way.

wait a minute... you kept asking me what I thought then then your saying that I'm ranting about the movie. Seriously, every time you post, I understand better why you liked this movie and there must be more of you out there because there's people lining up to see this crap.

Remember this?

As long as you enjoyed watching it ,then what's so bad about it? :huh:

Then tell me this then, how could you make the movie better to get some positive opinions?

and this?

Then what did you expect out of the movie if you didn't like the first one?

and this?

Why do you think people went and watched the film then...?

While I addressed everyone of your question, you just keep saying the same things...

this is kinda weird

would be stupid or not they would like it anyways.

so either your wishy washy or it's like win/win for you whether it was stupid or not.

People wouldnt see a movie if it was stupid = people wouldnt have followed Hitler if he was evil.

People are generally stupid... most of them just happen to be Fantastic 4 movie fans.

I revised my reply from Rated R to PG-13 to PG for you so you and your homies can read it.

Well, a bunch of good friends wanted to watch *something* last Friday and it fell upon either FF or O13. They picked FF mostly because of Ms Alba, and I simply told them to go ahead without me. Not even good company can compensate for a bad waste of time... and it turns out they didn't enjoy it either. Besides, naturallly dark-haired Alba as a BLONDE?! Makes me think ALL kinds of strange things... :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

I don't think that it deserves its own thread at this stage, but the rumors of a Fantastic Four reboot are appearing again. Garth over at Dark Horizons (he should be a member here, I bet he's a Macross fan) speculates that a new film could be made so FOX could retain the rights to the franchise.

If thats the case they should get Roger Corman to do a sequel to his Fantastic Four effort.....

340px-Ffmovie1994.jpg

Garths brief article is here. Its interesting.

Taksraven

Does anyone care?

The FF aren't really that exciting. Sure they have their fans but do most people outside of the comic fans even care about them? The Thing looks sorta interesting but the other characters just look pretty dull and their powers suck.

Does anyone care?

The FF aren't really that exciting. Sure they have their fans but do most people outside of the comic fans even care about them? The Thing looks sorta interesting but the other characters just look pretty dull and their powers suck.

I think they should do a hip new 2010 version of the franchise, and truly make them "FANTASTIC!" That's right, and all gay version of the FANTASTIC!" 4.

lol wtf at this and the Spiderman 3 thread. Is today necro-post appreciation day?

The Spiderman 3 thread popping up again was my fault, as I originally posted the FF news there by mistake. Soz.

Taksraven

Meh, if they don't do Galactus justice, or show Annihilus, they suck. I've never pulled for a villian that badly until I saw these movies. I wish Dr. Doom would have killed them all. Of course, I'm dreading the Avengers movie, because anything with Thor just sucks donkey nads.

I don't think that it deserves its own thread at this stage, but the rumors of a Fantastic Four reboot are appearing again. Garth over at Dark Horizons (he should be a member here, I bet he's a Macross fan) speculates that a new film could be made so FOX could retain the rights to the franchise.

Taksraven

Well, look on the bright side, after the last two atrocities they called films, there's no place to go but up :)

Well, look on the bright side, after the last two atrocities they called films, there's no place to go but up :)

Are you doubting the ability of Hollywood to make absolute shite?? Shame!! :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

Meh, if they don't do Galactus justice, or show Annihilus, they suck. I've never pulled for a villian that badly until I saw these movies. I wish Dr. Doom would have killed them all. Of course, I'm dreading the Avengers movie, because anything with Thor just sucks donkey nads.

You sir seem to have forgotten Adventure's in Babysitting!

You sir seem to have forgotten Adventure's in Babysitting!

Oh I remember it...it's one of my wife's favorite movies. And I still say (ahem):

THOR SUCKS DONKEY NADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a way to hit 900 posts...

The situation seems oddly similar to the Roger Corman one where his company was endangered to lose the rights so he had to produce something. Now that Disney owns Marvel, Fox is quick to announce a Fantastic Four movie reboot. This leads me to believe that Disney might've made some noise about doing a FF movie. Fox has rights to Marvel properties but only in perpetuality (as long as Fox makes movies they keep their rights).

I have a bad feeling about this.

The situation seems oddly similar to the Roger Corman one where his company was endangered to lose the rights so he had to produce something. Now that Disney owns Marvel, Fox is quick to announce a Fantastic Four movie reboot. This leads me to believe that Disney might've made some noise about doing a FF movie. Fox has rights to Marvel properties but only in perpetuality (as long as Fox makes movies they keep their rights).

I have a bad feeling about this.

Why? Because Disney would make a worse Fantastic four movie than the Tim Story ones? If it does defualt baco to Marvel then it will default to Marvel Productions who has a deal with Paramount for distribution. Disney would be more than happy to take over any distribution rights from Paramount but the deal made was that they were going to leave Marvel's current deals intact. It doesn't matter who makes the movie, Disney will get their cut.

• 3 years later...

Matthew Vaughn (X-Men: First Class) is producing, with Josh Trank (Chronicle) as providing the script and directing, which is at least promising.

But IMDB already lists Seth Grahame-Smith (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) for script revisions, so maybe we're already heading for another disaster.

edit: drad, I missed the other thread...

Edited by electric indigo