1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Really looking forward to those econo ingrams. I actually even went out and bought both color sets of the hercules and boxer just to support the line.

really hope they bring out more schaft stuff like the saturn and phantom. surprised the brocken hasn't been announced tbh

I think they may be doing a strategy of releasing something really popular, then a few obscure designs and then back to something popular again. I’m really glad that they are giving attention to some designs that would probably completely skipped by any other model making company. And I really hope they give that level of attention to other franchises they’ve acquired. I’d buy just about everything in the Megazone line.

8 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Given that ARTPLA is injection plastic I wonder if you could fit the Type Zero armor on a Bandai Alphonse frame...

I bet someone will try. It would take some real mods to the frame do do it, but I’m betting with a lot of work that it could be done 

• 4 weeks later...

I remember reading an interview once with one of the artists on "Patlabor", who also worked on "Gundam", and he was drawing a GM but it looked a little like an Ingram (or possibly the other way round) and one of his colleagues said "Hey, its not not good to make jokes like that!" and the artists had to reassure him that it was actually a GM... (or vice versa). 😄

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 4 weeks later...

I have this CM's Brave Gokin Griffon for quite a while. Took it down from the shelf for some dusting, and the heft of this thing in hand still manages to surprise. It's as if the whole internal frame is made of solid metal. I guess toys made in mid-2000s generally still have the tendency of having the robust build weight from the 90's or older era, with modern improvements of its time CAD sculpts & articulation advancement that predate toys today.

CMsGokinGriffonNRM2-b2Bnt.jpg.4ee45ced0cbcd18fe226a08552a8b52f.jpg

Still, the combination of tolerances of its time & metal in non-strategic areas means the joints can easily become quite loose from handling. But I guess Bud still approves of his ride. ^_^

CMsGriffonBudNRM2-b2Bnt.jpg.aefe05e3e8aeb90513bf169557ac215d.jpg

Edited by MKT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found an Aoshima ACKS 1/43 ingram on sale at a flea mkt and picked it up. The kit is surprisingly good and a better build than both the 20+ yr old 1/35 MG Ingram and Moderoid's 1/60 entry.  20231105_135118_HDR.jpg.01cf56b0f74720738fbcd6b96b42875f.jpg

Unfortunately Aoshima has only done ingrams and they've already released the most common variations, except for TV Ingram Unit 3. They're last entry for Patlabor was the Reactive Armor units in Dec 22 and nothing else has been announced afaik so despite being amazing kits it's a hard-sell to have just ingrams in an off-scale (1/43) That said I'm hooked on these now and am going to go and buy TV unit 2, 3 reactives and the double car set because I'm an ingram addict.

Edited by Duymon

On 9/19/2023 at 2:29 PM, Raikkonen said:

Anyone have any updates the supposedly new series EZY? 

6 hours ago, Axelay said:

I've been askin' about that for, what, 3 years now? 😭

Found this while searching for EZY. I know the video is in Nihonggo. Hope someone here can interpret a thing or two. ;) 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-10-01/pilotable-patlabor-robot-mecha-teased-for-next-summer/.203030

On 11/5/2023 at 11:01 AM, Duymon said:

I found an Aoshima ACKS 1/43 ingram on sale at a flea mkt and picked it up. The kit is surprisingly good and a better build than both the 20+ yr old 1/35 MG Ingram and Moderoid's 1/60 entry.  20231105_135118_HDR.jpg.01cf56b0f74720738fbcd6b96b42875f.jpg

Unfortunately Aoshima has only done ingrams and they've already released the most common variations, except for TV Ingram Unit 3. They're last entry for Patlabor was the Reactive Armor units in Dec 22 and nothing else has been announced afaik so despite being amazing kits it's a hard-sell to have just ingrams in an off-scale (1/43) That said I'm hooked on these now and am going to go and buy TV unit 2, 3 reactives and the double car set because I'm an ingram addict.

What wonderous flea market sells Patlabor?  In my area you would only go to flea markets to find a missing half of a lawn mower or crafts made of stuff found in a recycling bin.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

For fans of both Patlabor and Zoids. Takara Tomy is releasing a Patlabor X Zoid crossover HUNTER WOLF. In conjunction with Patlabor's 35th and Zoids' 40th Anniversary Celebration. June 2024 release.

ZRR01.jpg.524979529861f0079ba2457a561441d6.jpg

ZRR02a.jpg.4b0513b90f86d4a318c9a6fd51a53db8.jpg

zrr07.jpg.5f08135b3b27f6e81bb2cb790e80ee40.jpg

I need this to pair with the big Yamato Ingram!

41 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

What wonderous flea market sells Patlabor?  In my area you would only go to flea markets to find a missing half of a lawn mower or crafts made of stuff found in a recycling bin.

Your lucky. I’ve only seen knockoff clothing and crap electronic devices that no one even needs a knockoff of. At least the missing half of a lawnmower is kinda useful 

a recent Patlabor kit is like the kind of thing for the 80’s, early 90’s flea markets. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bobby said:

Came across this mashup done by R-AREA [LINK] and kinda loved it/squinted at it/got confused by it/drooled at it/etc. but overall very slick...

GBy8Mg5XwAA6GN2.jpg

GCgFVe7aMAAF95l.jpg

GCgnsBsbYAAeqZs.jpg

GCgnsBzaoAAoudH.jpg

GCgnsBwb0AEUhPs.jpg

GCgo-3yb0AAFUqV.jpg

GCgo-3wbwAAIQgm.jpg

GCgo-31bIAAe2lw.jpg

GCgp5ZObAAALc8T.jpg

GCgp5ZRbYAAZwIw.jpg

GCgqrQbboAA6EpF.jpg

GCgqrQhb0AAOsKy.jpg

GCgqrQVboAAXbZG.jpg

GCgqrQiakAA5eOk.jpg

Saw this on the model section. It’s pretty neat. As a small nitpick, I think they should’ve played around with the Hikaru flight suit colors a bit to give it more of a pd kinda look. But that’s just being nitpicky