Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Not sure why everybody is saying this is so small. 24cm is a respectable size. Yes, it might be a little overpriced for the size, but Macross is not a hot prooperty, so small companies like Wave & Yamato have to sell at a higher price as they just do not sell the quantities like Bandai with Gundam and Takara with Transformers.

I'm getting one, until something better comes along (and no, do not read anything into that statement).

Graham

Maybe the apparent lack of detail is due to the amount of die-cast present in the toy. We all know that die cast parts often lack the detail plastic can give.

If so, from the looks of it, this thing should have its fair amount of metal.

If so, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Assuming it's durable enough. The jury's still out on those arms.

If it's mostly plastic, then... yes, it's lacking in detail.

Not much smaller, plastic, loads of fun, only $5 back in the day. Somehow this chogokin reminds me of this little plastic thing:

IPB Image

if the tiny spots really are diecast then it shouldn't be too much of a concern. Still, I'd rather wait and buy another valk.

Thinks to myself: Hmm, what was that recent $150 gorgeous-and-long-awaited transforming toy with diecast parts that could break if you posed it wrong?

i like it. its not huge which actually works for me.

I've been getting alot of SOC figures and this would look

great along side them. I'm concerned about the QC only b/c

no knows enough about it, but that hasn't stopped me from

pre-ordering it. IF a larger verison of this comes out from

Yamato then i'll most likely buy that too. For now though this is the

one for me. :)

Yesterday I handled an unpainted production sample of this toy, and I will testify that it definitely deserves the moniker "toy," not only because it will come completely pre-assembled, but because it totally carries the spirit of the old Takatoku toys.

The legs and main body are big heavy hunks of diecast, and aside from vinyl conning towers on the ARMD platforms and the head, everything else is nicely detailed styrene. The joints were nice and tight, but as with any other transforming toy, you will want to be careful and read the instructions.

Im not enough of a Macross fan to tell you whether or not its worth the price theyre asking, but I dont think this is going to be a very high-run item. If youre a Macross maniac, you like the design, and you pass on it, you will probably kick yourself later.

Well, I went ahead and did the unthinkable and ordered three of them when I heard the joints were all tight and good, and the fact that it was a toy in the true sense. Hope this doesn't have QC issues. I'd be bummed if it did. This will be my second SDF-1 toy after I got my Matchbox one ages ago. Anyone want that stanking hunk of crap? :p

They sure as hell better include the stands for the price.

Edited by kensei

My impression from some of those pictures is that this thing is cheap looking, but expensive...that's even worse.

I'd love an SDF1, but for that price...no way... considering what it looks like...

I'll be content waiting for the OA+Ghost set.

VFTF1

i don't really know waves track record in regards to toys so its hard for me to justify a large purchase only to find out they're just a small step above toynami....or even worse than toynami.

i'll wait for the reviews before i buy this. small production run or not, i'd rather be kicking myself later down the road, than kicking myself from the get go.

besides i'm looking at it now and don't pay $150 for it, so if i miss the boat on this, you really think i'm gonna pay more than $150? not likely....

hmmm....why couldn't they just make it tad bigger, wouldn't that cut the final price since they would not have had to dealt with little pieces????

hmm, too expensive for me... the idea of the Macross is that it's supposed to be huge, that thing looks like a freakin' keychain