Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

True enough Cobywan but what gets me is how "off" the cruiser mode proportions are compared to that pic. I mean it almost looks like a different ship! Personally with it looking that bad in cruiser mode I would only ever have it in storm attacker mode - which makes this a very expensive single mode display piece! Sorry, just doesn't cut it as a dual mode model, or toy.

looks alright but i'll hold off my purchase until someone actually gets one, builds it, and does a full review. you never know?, it could end up being a total POS, and a $130 POS at that.

as far as a large scale SDF-1, while it might be cool to have a 2 foot macross, imagine how pissed you'd be if it arrived broken? i'm sort of against anything thats too big, same reason why i never backed the 1/60 monster. i just can't help to think how much money i'd be out on just the shipping alone if i received a broken one.

Technically the Macross in DYRL? remained in storm attacker mode throughout the movie, IIRC. I dun think it was ever in the battleship mode, so the emphasis on storm attacker mode is expected. Besides its the storm attacker mode which is iconic for Macross.

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the very first shot in DYRL the Macross in battleship mode gradually emerging out of the darkness...?

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the very first shot in DYRL the Macross in battleship mode gradually emerging out of the darkness...?

Yes yes you're right. I already said i was wrong. If there was no battleship mode there will be no nekkid Zero G Lovin. :p

Does this mean we can expect Wave to bring out more macross toys based on their macross model line? Such wave macross models that could be produced are the VF-19, vf-11, vf-17, Fz-109F ?

Does anybody know when or where this SDF-1 will be available for sale?

Looks really good to me!

No Daedalus = No Daedalus Attack = No good :p

Looks really nice. Personally I don't mind the size (wouldn't mind it being smaller even... I need a bigger house :unsure: ) but for that price it should include the Daedalus and the Prometheus also. The series SDF had less detail and the main guns were a little different but it would be cool considering how nice this toy looks.

No Daedalus = No Daedalus Attack = No good :p

Looks really nice. Personally I don't mind the size (wouldn't mind it being smaller even... I need a bigger house :unsure: ) but for that price it should include the Daedalus and the Prometheus also. The series SDF had less detail and the main guns were a little different but it would be cool considering how nice this toy looks.

What? You never heard of ARMD attack??? I never liked the two aircraft carriers. It seemed silly to me. The ARMD were designed to be the ones attached to the SDF-1 and they were designed to be space faring vehicles.

How a bunch of converted aircraft carriers/sea transports are somehow space worthy and structurally sound enough to even survive being used as punching weapons much less atmospheric re-entry is beyond me.

Edited by ComicKaze

How a bunch of converted aircraft carriers/sea transports are somehow space worthy and structurally sound enough to even survive being used as punching weapons much less atmospheric re-entry is beyond me.

Hater. =P

Anyone confirm if this is prefabbed or if it has to be built?

(if it was stated, sorry. I looked but didn't see anything.)

Well, at least in the RT Role-playing game, the Prometheus and Daedelus were (ocean) submersible. So, that explains how they could be airtight. Not sure if that's the case in Macross however. I'm sure someone will confirm/deny via the Compendium.

As for enduring "Daedelus attacks" and atmospheric re-entry. . . this doesn't even come close to making it believable (especially the former, since the Daedelus would crunch behind its bow), but in each case, they were protected by the pin-point barrier system.

nice pics! Bit small for the price for me though. although there aren't a lot of options when it comes to buying SDF's. I got the old little matchbox one made from the taka mold and hated that POC.

Anyone else think the bridge area looks a bit off?

What exactly?

In SDFM, while in cruiser mode, the bridge and radome "pieces" were split apart, bridge on the right edge of the "fuselage" and the radome on the left edge.

Wasn't it that same way in DYRL? I sincerely can't remember a wide shot of the bridge in cruiser mode in DYRL. :unsure:

And I still think this is a small toy for the price tag :p

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

According to BBTS:

MACROSS 1/5000 SUPER DIMENSION FORTRESS - TRANSFORMER MODEL KIT:

We are not sure of the exact size of this kit, but given the price point its bound to be

big and a lot of fun to assemble. This kit actually transforms between ship and mecha,

and is priced at $159.99 - great images are available here:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

So it's a model kit.

"given the price point its bound to be big" hahahaha. I don't think so...it should say "given the price point, its another expensive Macross toy"

Dude. It's not a model kit. BBTS regularly gets information wrong about japanese toy preorders, it's all just secondhand info from some distributor who probably doesn't share a common language with Joel (no offense to BBTS, I love em). Hell, someone along the line probably saw 'Wave' and assumed 'model kit'. We've had it confirmed by multiple sources now that the SDF is pre-assembled.