Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

http://screenrant.com/archives/rejected-ir...rmor--1253.html

granov-standing.jpg

granov-posing.jpg

ironRECOIL3.jpg

A visual effects man designed some prototype CG images of what a live-action "Iron Man" might look like and someone in the production of the comic book adaptation took a look.

According to Screen Rant they apparently said "it was similar to the direction they were headed in, [but] that they're going more in the Adi Granov design direction".

You can make up you own mind on this rejected design by clicking below to check out more shots of what could have been:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060917e.php

Well for a "concept" it's pointless since it's rejected...the first shot looked horrible to me, the head was far too round, the second shot was an imporvement, but I think the final one was much much better. That's what a suit of armor from a rich superhero should look like.

That suit design is lame for someone with a coupla billion dollars to dump into the design and technology. But it's terrific for a Spiderman level character. This is not more then Unreal2 level.

I've never have been a fan of Adi Granov though because all of his material is basically indentical to another piece. And that inflexibility is something that makes for a poor concept artist, so I'm not expecting much more then a Halo clone since they'll(the producers) think that it's popular which is what the audience wants. :rolleyes:

Damn, you can really see the influence of the Spartan-II armor design from Halo in these pictures for the Iron Man film. Some of the design concepts look alright, but I can see why they rejected these shots. I suppose the character looks "cool" enough, but the armor designs as shown here don't really show off anything really jaw dropping or new.

The first two look very difficult to move in. The third one looks ok but looks more like Rubber Man than Iron Man.

I liked the way Iron Man looked in the first issues of the Ultimates.

05.jpg

ults_9.jpg

14.jpg

He looked very anime robot but at least all the extra bulk made it more believable. The helmet had a lot of room inside. Skin tight armour doesn’t strike me as having a lot of room for all the features one of the most powerful weapons on Earth needs. Just the leg thrusters alone would need a lot of room just to work and protect the feet at the same time. In the Ultimates version there was even a whole group of technicians in charge of helping Tony put the suit on and off.

But whatever. This project after years and years still hasn’t taken off.

Ugh, I really don't like those CGs.... I'm really kinmda sad to hear that they want to go an Adi Granov route too.... the current armor by him is nice, but I haven't really liked an armor since Joe Quesada's work in the beginning of the current series, most of which I can't stand anyways. I'm an old school IM fan through and through, and woulda really love to see some IM+WM era stuff like from Kevin Hopgood, or even the Heroes Reborn armor (my favorite armor of them all... I'm weird... Prometheum armor all the way!) I'd also love it if they used Ultimate style designs, as the mecha-ey detail and grounded utilitarian beleivability of the Ultimate armor make me a very happy fan.

Those look like screens from the Marvel Wii game.

But they don't look that bad.

You guys are haters.

Those aren't far off from what he looks like in the current comics. And Ultimates doesn't count as "real" imo.

Edited by Chewie

Those renders look like something from a video game.

Whatever they do, I hope they stay away from the Ultimate IM look. I always thought that armor looked like ass. Looking at those pictures of it, I just realized how much the legs look like something from an early Gundam.

There's supposed to be several armors in the movie, so there should be something for just about everyone.

Yes, but the Sentinal looks cool, with lots of tidbitty kibbly detail, but the Iron Man looks bland and under-detailed and crappy.

Iron Man looks intentionally under-detailed in that pic to me.

Sorta like the New York Godzilla ads that only showed the lizard's foot, eye, etc. They want to show off that they have an Iron Man without actually showing what it looks like.

And yet, people hold it against the TF movie for doing just that. Odd...

I don’t think it’s the intent that people hold against the TF movie, it that the execution looks like a mechanical Sh*t stain.

Also the sentinel is more kibbly than it's depicted in the comic but still stays within the spirit and general direction of the comic. The movie transformers look nothing like ANY incarnation of their animated name sakes.

I don’t think it’s the intent that people hold against the TF movie, it that the execution looks like a mechanical Sh*t stain.

Also the sentinel is more kibbly than it's depicted in the comic but still stays within the spirit and general direction of the comic. The movie transformers look nothing like ANY incarnation of their animated name sakes.

Prime actually looks kinda like a naked Cybertron Prime. But other than that...

And unfortunately for Prime, naked isn't the Transformers style.

It also makes no logical sense for a warrior mech to have unarmored vital bits(not that transformers make logical sense anyways...).

I have Iron Man comic-books since before I learn to read.

In the first design, the helmet looks too rounded and big, but I like the armor design. In the 3rd pic, the armor looks great.

I don't think that the armor must look more bulky, to carry more weapons... Iron Man is NOT War Machine!

The Iron Man armor don't carry cannons or something like that. The weaponry of Iron Man are:

*Repulsors: Laser-guided particle beam emission units mounted in the palm of each hand.

*Unibeam: Multi-band light and force beam emitter. Can be adjusted for a variety of effects such as search light, heat beams, tractor beam, lasers, image inducers, ultraviolet light, and electromagnetic pulse.

*Pulse Bolt Generators: Plasma discharges that build in intensity as they travel through the atmosphere, picking up static and ambient energy.

*Force Shield: A focused photon emitter on the back of his left wrist that shapes into a shield. (This weapon was never used in this armor but is presumed to be standard issue for Iron Man armor since the Armor Wars)

*Electromagnetic Pulse. (This weapon was never used in this armor but is presumed to be standard issue for Iron Man armor since the Armor Wars.)

( Source: www.advancediron.com )

AKA perpetual motion machines.

Naw. Weak "Plot Armor". ;)

I'm afraid that they'll use the ULTIMATES version as the War Machine version, even though it's a mini-me non-SD Gundam with Zeon design influences.

I just hope that they remember that Ironman was also an iconic figure used for business purposes because he was around Tony so much that it forces them to adopt a less 'cutting-edge' greebled industrialized post-modern look. <_<

I'm actually one for a less-kibbly Iron Man. Then again, I grew up with Iron Man rags of the 80's, and to me, Iron Man is supposed to be composed of big, blocky, bold shapes with a stupid looking helmet that sort of grows on you. And for what it's worth, good, believable, modern-looking industrial design should be less kibbly, not more.

I have Iron Man comic-books since before I learn to read.

In the first design, the helmet looks too rounded and big, but I like the armor design. In the 3rd pic, the armor looks great.

I don't think that the armor must look more bulky, to carry more weapons... Iron Man is NOT War Machine!

The Iron Man armor don't carry cannons or something like that. The weaponry of Iron Man are:

*Repulsors: Laser-guided particle beam emission units mounted in the palm of each hand.

*Unibeam: Multi-band light and force beam emitter. Can be adjusted for a variety of effects such as search light, heat beams, tractor beam, lasers, image inducers, ultraviolet light, and electromagnetic pulse.

*Pulse Bolt Generators: Plasma discharges that build in intensity as they travel through the atmosphere, picking up static and ambient energy.

*Force Shield: A focused photon emitter on the back of his left wrist that shapes into a shield. (This weapon was never used in this armor but is presumed to be standard issue for Iron Man armor since the Armor Wars)

*Electromagnetic Pulse. (This weapon was never used in this armor but is presumed to be standard issue for Iron Man armor since the Armor Wars.)

( Source: www.advancediron.com )

Never said he needed more weapons, just said that entire arsenal you list +super strength +flight +all the sensors +keeping the guy inside in control of all and alive would look more believable on screen if there was actually space for it in the armour.

Yes, in a comic or a cartoon you can fit all that on a credit and get away with it (one of my favourites is the Modular Armour of the early 90's, which was one of the most skin tight Iron Man designs ever made), but on screen you now need something that is a step above the movie Green Goblin.

Found a less Gundam version (with a monkey face :lol: ):

7197_19258_1.jpg

This IM series could turn out nice though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dHsv9Ncp_I

Edited by Twoducks

And yet, people hold it against the TF movie for doing just that. Odd...

I don't know what fine detail the others are referring to, but I find none of the over-produced design elements that make the Transformers from the film such a mess to be found in that picture of the X-Men sentinel above. The sentinel has a cohesive design motif, flow, and adequate detail. The Transformers from the film are a jumbled mess with no style or pleasing aesthetic IMO.

@ Mr March, what they are pointing out is the sentinel design does the same thing that the TF's do lack of solidness. It's a simple matter of them subsitituted substance for style and it's a bad move in my IMO.

@ Twoducks, EEK! I hope that fails and fails HARD. :angry: They seem to love the 1970's craptastic animation and to redesign from the ground up is only a money making move that removes the spirit of the orginal.

And boy did they fall in love with busy designs for the ULTIMATES Ironman! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

AICN is reporting the lead role of Tony Stark aka. Ironman will be played by

Robert Downey Jr.

IMHO, this is perfect casting. I love all those Toyfare skits of Ironman on the sauce!

Hi all,

If he is the lead role, then this movie will tank! Nuff said.....