Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

Err......I'm not the most knowledgable person about the Marvel universe, but isn't Nick Fury supposed to be white?

Graham

It's just Marvels version of PC and their way of preventing race based lawsuits.

-----

Visually the casting looks even worse than before. The semi-goat looks pretty fugly on Downey and Howard looks like a near miss on Rhodes. Gwyneth Paltrow is a horrible miss because I doubt she could pull off the pushy, hard nosed personal aide. But what I find milding interesting is what role Bridges is gonna play. I hope that it's not Stan Industry's owner/CEO.

It's just Marvels version of PC and their way of preventing race based lawsuits.

-----

Visually the casting looks even worse than before. The semi-goat looks pretty fugly on Downey and Howard looks like a near miss on Rhodes. Gwyneth Paltrow is a horrible miss because I doubt she could pull off the pushy, hard nosed personal aide. But what I find milding interesting is what role Bridges is gonna play. I hope that it's not Stan Industry's owner/CEO.

uhm, no, hitch used sam jackson's likeness when he drew ultimate nick fury, who has become far more popular than his 616 counterpart. This isn't affirmative action, it's giving fans what they want.

So how is this working? Thats the prototype suit, and later he upgrades to the newer, sleaker more form fitting red suit?

yeah, that's the suit he makes to bust out of a POW camp, and later we see the current red and gold suit.

Spider-Man wasn't supposed to be a pansy

Uh, actually Peter Parker was a wussy nerd until he became Spider Man. That was VERY true to the Spider Man story.

It has always been about a nerdy awkward guy who moonlights as a super hero, but never can quite get his life in order.

Regardless... Iron Man looks AWESOME. :D

Edited by Grand Admiral

"Tony Stark makes you feel, he's a cool exec with a heart of steel.

As Iron Man all jets a blaze! He fights & he fights with repulsor rays!

A blazin' armor! He's Iron Man!

A blazin' armor! He's Iron Man!" :lol:

Man! I can't wait for this flick! B))

Edited by terry the lone wolf

That trailer was fantastic, The Dark Knight guys dissapointed fans by comparison with their mere voice only teaser but I digress.

Downey has really got Stark down, I actually dis-liked Stark himself in the intial scenes shown which is (ironically) great and the flying scenes at the end were some superb icing on an already damn tasty cake.

Roll on next summer! B))

Beacuse he was originally based on Snake Plisken (I belive) who was the best fit for the character they wanted at the time, the ultimates version however is based on Samuel L Jackson because he's the popular one these days.

Nah, Nick Fury's been around since the 1960's, decades before Escape from New York. Nick Fury was simply supposed to be a badass soldier.

Nick Fury started as a WWII era soldier(Sgt. Fury & his Howling Commandos) then later revamped as a James Bondesque superspy. Stan Lee & Jack Kirby created him & later the great Jim Steranko took over the "Nick Fury Agent of Shield" title which pushed psychadelic pop art.

Everything you wanna know about classic & ultimate Nick Fury:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Fury

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury

In person the Iron Man costume at SDCC was pretty slick looking. Couldn't get to close in since there were tons of people taking pics but it did look imposing.

Nice, I'm very pleased so far with everything I've seen in regards to this movie. I like how the original grey suit looked in the SDCC clip and the mockup they had there. To me, there's something off about the helmet, I can't quite place it. Maybe it's just the angle. I wonder about the red/gold suit, if there will be a physical suit or just pieces like the gauntlet from the previously posted pic.

I wonder about the red/gold suit, if there will be a physical suit or just pieces like the gauntlet from the previously posted pic.

From the on-set footage that's out there, there is a real physical red/gold suit just as the Mark I suit is real.

• 5 weeks later...