The PlayStation 3 Thread!

Apollo Leader

Virtua Fighter 5 in 2 days! :)

Only thing that sucks is my High Grade Sega stick order is delaying my Hori Real ARcade Pro as well since the Sega stick is postponed due to issues.

Ah, AM2 fighting goodness will reign once again on the next gen consoles. :)

Games I am looking forward to buying in March:

-Gundam Musou [import] (3/1)

-Motor Storm [uS] (3/6)

-Armored Core 4 [uS] (3/20)

It would be great is Bigwest/Sega AM2 did a SDF Macross game for PS3

Someone has probably asked before, but may I ask again how are the import games play on the ps3?

I've been enjoying the RR7 demo. Will probably end up getting this game! And Motorstorm, of course. Also got the Full Auto 2 demo. Graphics seem more than a little improved from Full Auto (which I got for my 360 during the lean months), but still trying to get used to the SIXAXIS control scheme.

On a related note, got my Denon 4306 finally. Boy is 7.1LPCM great! Made me rewatch a whole bunch more Blu-ray movies and get wowed by their PCM tracks. Black Hawk Down especially... Hopefully the firmware upgrade in March will include DTS-HDMA decoding so I can really unlock similar potential in my Fox titles!

fLow is awesome. Dragged my PS3 and hooked it up to my friends 46 inch Aquos for VF5. We played about 2hrs of that....2hrs of 2player fLow and 2hrs of RoM.

fLow is gorgeous with all the lighting effects. SixAxis controls does work very well for this game. I wish there was a save option though. VF5 was fun but we all sucked at it. Wolf vs Eileen was so unfair but so funny.

VF5 is terrific. If you are new to VF it can be daunting at first but stick with it and you'll see just how far down the rabbit hole goes. The character models are damn impressive, the gameplay is spot on as all the other VF's and the Quest mode is fun.

The only complaint I have with VF5 is that the disc always asks if you want to install at the beginning after you boot it up...even if you already did. Minor nitpick, but c'mon Sega!!

VF5 is terrific. If you are new to VF it can be daunting at first but stick with it and you'll see just how far down the rabbit hole goes. The character models are damn impressive, the gameplay is spot on as all the other VF's and the Quest mode is fun.

The only complaint I have with VF5 is that the disc always asks if you want to install at the beginning after you boot it up...even if you already did. Minor nitpick, but c'mon Sega!!

Not new to VF but I've barely played any VF since VF2-3 at the arcade and just touched on 4. Too busy playing DOA2, Soul Edge, Soul Calibur, Tekken....etc. :p

What the hell is Sony trying to do? Alienate most of their fan base?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/sony-blackbal...taku-240860.php

Sony blackballs a popular gaming news site for releasing good "rumors"?

Probably because they wanted it to be a big surprise event. But hey Sony and Kotaku made up.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-and-kot...keup-240922.php

Teken 5 on the PS Store for 20 bucks. I haven't played a Tekken since the Tekken Tag I picked up as a launch game for my PS2.... but am thinking about it.

Also looks like Sony and Immersion made up:

SAN JOSE, Calif. and FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Immersion Corporation, (Nasdaq: IMMR - News), a leading developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced the companies have agreed to conclude their patent litigation at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and have entered into a new business agreement to explore the inclusion of Immersion technology in PlayStation® format products.

Press release

So hopefully we'll get the Dual Shock 3 this year. I don't really miss rumble that much, but really think it looks ergonomically great (possibly even better than the 360 controller, which is my current favorite)

post-32-1172815937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uxi

Teken 5 on the PS Store for 20 bucks. I haven't played a Tekken since the Tekken Tag I picked up as a launch game for my PS2.... but am thinking about it.

Also looks like Sony and Immersion made up:

Press release

So hopefully we'll get the Dual Shock 3 this year. I don't really miss rumble that much, but really think it looks ergonomically great (possibly even better than the 360 controller, which is my current favorite)

But sony said no rumble function cause it didn't work with the motion sensor function.

Didn't one of Sony's reps just within the last few days say that rumble/force feedback was "last gen" and wasn't part of Sony's future plans? What's he going to say when Dual Shock 3/Sixaxis 2 gets announced in the the not too distant future? Sony should have been honest up front that it was their legal squabble with Immersion instead of constantly sticking their foots in threir mouth about how first they couldn't get rumble to work on Sixaxis or that it was too expensive or that rumble/feedback was "last gen". <_<

They are scrambling. Obviously. It has become so in fashion to bash Sony right now, I am sure they are crawling over the bodies of the dead in their PR offices trying to come up with a way to combat all the negative press.

The sad thing is that the PS3 really is an awesome system, I love mine, it has been brutalized in the media for fun so much though, the anti-hype may kill the machine.

Every day I hear about the terrible load times, I am not experiencing them on mine...

Every Day I hear about how there are no games.... Umm, I am pretty satisfied with the launch line up. There were 3 games I wanted and bought the day I got my system. Since then VF5 came out and I picked it up. There are a few games in the pipeline I am looking forward to and I am sure that more games will come along. It's not like Microsoft had a fantastic game library available on the irst day the system came out, in fact their launch line up did nothing for me. To this day, I can count the number of games that make me want to buy their machine on one hand, and Blue Dragon hasn't even been released stateside yet.

Bah, it's all garbage. I just hope they don't react to all the negativity and really create some problems tacking on crap.

Edited by Ghadrack

might need help from a few of you on this. I recently picked up a jpn ps3, i live in the us and reason that i purchased it was it for of course gaming (region free), and asian region dvd viewing. The problem is that it does come with a jpn manual, anyone may or possible scan me the us version of the manual or scan it for me and send it. I would be more than happy to compensate for your troubles.

On a different note, i just needed to confirm something:

Is p2 or ps1 games region free on the ps3 or are they only for the ps3 games?

Anyone tried hooking up their jpn ps3 from the u.s. online?

so far those are the only questions i can think of, if anyone can answer or possbibly direct me to where i can find the answer that would be great.

thanks

Kicker773

Edited by Kicker773

They are scrambling. Obviously. It has become so in fashion to bash Sony right now

Bah, it's all garbage. I just hope they don't react to all the negativity and really create some problems tacking on crap.

The problem is that it's not all garbage. Now, the PS3 is by no means a terrible machine, and a lot of the problems are often exaggerated. Price is the big issue. Really, it's Sony themselves who create so much of this bad press by painting such a large target by a lot of the press comments they make, and how they've used the PS3 to try and shove BluRay into homes. Still, it is Sony, and their brand name still carries a lot of weight. I doubt the PS3 will crash and burn. I even expect it to eventually outperform the 360 in the market, if not by the considerable amount the PS2 bested its competition in the market.

Sony and Immersion making up is a good sign for them, even with the ridiculous press statements they've made over the rumble issue. If Sony can get a DS3 or SixAxis2 out quickly enough, there's a good chance it will take to the market and developers will support it. If it takes too long, it's doomed to be a barely used peripheral, so don't expect Sony to wait too long on this.

might need help from a few of you on this. I recently picked up a jpn ps3, i live in the us and reason that i purchased it was it for of course gaming (region free), and asian region dvd viewing. The problem is that it does come with a jpn manual, anyone may or possible scan me the us version of the manual or scan it for me and send it. I would be more than happy to compensate for your troubles.

On a different note, i just needed to confirm something:

Is p2 or ps1 games region free on the ps3 or are they only for the ps3 games?

Anyone tried hooking up their jpn ps3 from the u.s. online?

so far those are the only questions i can think of, if anyone can answer or possbibly direct me to where i can find the answer that would be great.

thanks

Kicker773

Manuals: http://www.us.playstation.com/content/site...nfo/default.htm

And yes, the PS3 is region free for PS3 games. Blu-ray discs are region coded the same in Japan and the US so even if they are coded, they will be playable anyways.

I doubt the PS3 will crash and burn. I even expect it to eventually outperform the 360 in the market, if not by the considerable amount the PS2 bested its competition in the market.

This page says other wise:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-sec...odename-zephyr/

Same price, largeer HD then the 360, 1080P, I doubt the 360 will go down that easily.

Microsoft does alot lof BS to their customers, but I doubt they would ever hold back a release or a lie...

Unlike some people. <_< (Sony)

Well Sony just got in some slick marketing. Not sure what game was being played, some half naked warrior chick slashing monsters, but the PS3 or at least the SixAxis was showcased on Heroes. Pretty smart getting their product onto the "hottest new show" of the season.

<----wonders if "new" 360 will have a quieter DRIVE than the original. I have no issues with the cooling fan noise, it's the disc drive that makes me buy the PS2 or PC version of a game whenever possible. My only 360 games are 360-exclusives.

What the hell is Sony trying to do? Alienate most of their fan base?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/sony-blackbal...taku-240860.php

Sony blackballs a popular gaming news site for releasing good "rumors"?

Sony is like a really really hot super model who is also a total snotty stuck up B--CH. She can be the embodiment of everything we find atrocious about snobby behavior, but still everybody wishes they could get a date with her. The super model will have many boyfriends, Sony will have many customers. As long as they've got the goods, people are willing to look the other way.

Also, I thought I'd throw in this tidbit. I have an xbox 360, and I own ONE game for it. I don't plan on buying anything until bladestorm comes out. Yet, I am now further-modifying my Playstation 2 and finding myself enjoying PS2 games more than ever. It's like the developers just NOW figured out how to really use the PS2 to its full potential. I'm not ready to give mine up! It's impressing me more than my 360 these days.

I haven't bought a game since launch ( when i got 2) and have since received 2 as gifts. I will be getting Motorstorm (at least) this month... I use my PS3 near daily, though mostly for Blu-ray but occasionally PS2 or demos.

I'll say again that I LOVE LPCM!!! :D