Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Has MP-04 (prime with trailer) been released yet?

I'm keen on getting some reviews for it. What I'm really interested in is whether it comes with a black rifle. Also, any news about roller? I heard something about it being a Jap Takara fanclub release but then I saw something else which indicated that was hocus pocus.

Any info would be great

Thanks

I foun Astrotrain, Bumblebee, Hot Rod, Starscream, OP, and Megatron at Fry's electronics.

I had to get all except Megatron. The Classic line rocks. They're fun, poseable and easy to transform.

Edited by vlenhoff

Has MP-04 (prime with trailer) been released yet?

I'm keen on getting some reviews for it. What I'm really interested in is whether it comes with a black rifle. Also, any news about roller? I heard something about it being a Jap Takara fanclub release but then I saw something else which indicated that was hocus pocus.

Any info would be great

Thanks

No roller, no black gun, Prime is apparently not as good quality as MP-01. Trailer not worth $80.

Finalists for the new movie's "Make Prime Speak" contest have been unveiled.

Predictably, promises that Prime's character would be a factor in choosing submissions seem to have been totally ignored.

If you'd like to see Prime utter something OTHER than "Do a barrel roll!", I suggest you vote now. And hope the Transformers fans rally harder than the YTMNDtards.

Second place right now is "Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost." I'm voting for that because it's the closest to being competitive. It wasn't my first choice, but it's the strongest and thus in the least bad position right now.

I'm not gonna sit by and let total nonsense get stuffed down Prime's throat.

Or maybe I will. You have to have submitted a line to vote.

I hate people. Really.

Almost as much as I hate this movie. I apologize for ever saying it had a chance to be decent.

Edited by JB0

I have NO expectations from Bay's Transformers: The Movie.

I mean......submit your own LINE for Prime? That's a kinda stupid.

Yes. It is.

I would've done it anyways, just in a desperate attempt to add A redeeming feature, but everything I would've submitted was a signifigant character quote, and thus guaranteed regardless.

I'd gladly vote for one which says "This movie must be stopped... no matter the cost."

Oh yeah, and then the REAL transformers appear in the middle of the movie and beat the ever loving hell out of these wannabes.

If we did, you can be sure that's NOT what we'd see on screen. Hollywood has no clue what a barrel roll is. Common Hollywood aviation myths:

1. Decompression lasts more than 1/10 of a second, pulling people out of the plane minute after minute.

2. Moving the stick over and rolling 360 degrees is a "barrel roll".

Common now, it'd be funny as hell if Prime said "Do a barrel roll!" during the movie. Go YTMND and 4chan!

"Do a barrel roll" was NEVER more than random stupidity.

I've laughed at some of the retardedness those 2 sites have spawned, but this one was never more than an "WTF?" moment.

"Do a barrel roll" was NEVER more than random stupidity.

I've laughed at some of the retardedness those 2 sites have spawned, but this one was never more than an "WTF?" moment.

That is all those sites are about. The only reason it is funny is because it is a WTF moment that makes no sense out of context.

I hope you aren't one of the people who has their panties in a bunch because of this. Read the contest rules and get back to me if you are having a hissy fit over "Do a barrel roll" winning the poll.

That is all those sites are about. The only reason it is funny is because it is a WTF moment that makes no sense out of context.

Nonsense doesn't equate with humor.

I hope you aren't one of the people who has their panties in a bunch because of this. Read the contest rules and get back to me if you are having a hissy fit over "Do a barrel roll" winning the poll.

Okay, so I forgot a step.

It's still stupid.

But now I'm laughing at the YTMNDtards that think they've guaranteed they're in the movie, and hoping the producers have a dash of taste.

I have NO expectations from Bay's Transformers: The Movie.

I mean......submit your own LINE for Prime? That's a kinda stupid.

Cause' Bay has no ideas left in his "F_ck Yeah" brain of his. :lol:

I picked Prime up earlier.

The smokestack mounts are too fiddly.

Mine, at least, "stretches" the stacks a bit when mounted in "shoulder cannon" mode. One part or another isn't lined up quite right. So no shoulder cannons for my Prime.

The back sucks. But then, most Primes seem to have crappy backs. At least this one has some play value.

The rifle can be mounted back onto the mounting peg for the round thing. Doesn't fit perfectly, but it works well enough, and turns the hinge assembly on the back into a gun turret, which I find a more appealing configuration than anything official for the back.

post-720-1161156662_thumb.jpg

post-720-1161156688_thumb.jpg

So far, my biggest complaint with the Classics line is just that they look so cheap, mainly due to the cheap looking colouring job. Greys instead of silvers, yellows instead of bronze or gold. Oberly bright reds and blues.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be grabbing a bunch of these, but I do wish the colouring had been better.

The classic "Autobots! Transform and roll out!" should definately be in there somewhere.

Followed by the old transforming sound and detailed view of how each robot transforms in front of our eyes as we look on in amazement. Then the revving of engines as they head out to take down the decepticons in battle with prime in front leading the charge like a rhino in truck mode, boostjumping in midair to transform into a robot and gunning down the enemies one by one as his gun demolishes thier robot bodies into many pieces from the impact. The gun would also sound about 5 times more powerful than everyone elses gun to set him apart from the others. Prime would of course recieve many shots from enemy weapons and the damage would be negligable unlike what happens to all the weaker autobots and the deception minions would be fleeing in terror too scared to take him on face to face until he gets to megatron for a final fight. That's what the fans want to see.

It's more the actions of prime that tell us who he is than what he says. If they don't build prime up to be "the leader" any death would have no impact. (BTW I personally want prime to die in the live action movie just like in the animated movie. They are robots with souls with unique personalities. No death in a movie just wouldn't feel right imo)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Seibertron and TFW 2005 have news bits up about another upcoming GI Joe/Transformers crossover by Devils Due, with links to some promo artwork as well.

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8666

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=159&itemid=9052

Also, Don Murphy has apparently confirmed that the head of Megatron will NOT look like what we've previously seen as leaked already. :)

Lol...forgot to add that Ehobby has more pix up of the THS-02B black repaint of Optimus Prime.

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?port=...&code=tfe24

I really like it...and I can't afford it...

And I just found some of IDW's TF solicitations for January up at Comic News International...mostly for the animated movie adaptation, the Ultra Magnus spotlight, and Escalation #3.

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=208&itemid=9054

Radd---yup, that's why I'm passing on Prime. BRIGHT red and BRIGHT blue and "knock-off bright yellow" does not a good Prime make. Looks much better in the RiD Magnus colors.

Lately Hasbro seems to have a 16-color Crayola palette--super bright basic colors and nothing more. If Prime was deep red and blue (say, like a US flag) he'd look great. (I thought MP Prime would have looked a lot better in G1 toy colors--deep blue legs)

Anyways, Hot Rod is really good, as he's a deep kinda fuschia-red like he should be, and the flames are gold paint, not yellow. (Cheap, thin gold, but gold nonetheless). But his waist accents are still bright yellow, and don't match.

Radd---yup, that's why I'm passing on Prime. BRIGHT red and BRIGHT blue and "knock-off bright yellow" does not a good Prime make. Looks much better in the RiD Magnus colors.

Lately Hasbro seems to have a 16-color Crayola palette--super bright basic colors and nothing more. If Prime was deep red and blue (say, like a US flag) he'd look great. (I thought MP Prime would have looked a lot better in G1 toy colors--deep blue legs)

Anyways, Hot Rod is really good, as he's a deep kinda fuschia-red like he should be, and the flames are gold paint, not yellow. (Cheap, thin gold, but gold nonetheless). But his waist accents are still bright yellow, and don't match.

Aww, come on you guys! Have some fun for once in your lives!

Get out of the 'Realistic vehicle mecha serious anime soap opera love triangle in space' fan mode and get into the 'Unrealistic kids cartoon about alien robots from 3 million years ago' fan mode of TF! Go Nuts! Have Starscream and Soundwave concoct a scheme where they build a Hypnotic Disco Nightclub of Doom to force people to become unionised labourers in the construction of a skyscraper that does nothing, but are thwarted by a bunch of breakdancers, a boombox and a gay corvette!

He's a great toy and he'll love you if you love him :D

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Aww, come on you guys! Have some fun for once in your lives!

Get out of the 'Realistic vehicle mecha serious anime soap opera love triangle in space' fan mode and get into the 'Unrealistic kids cartoon about alien robots from 3 million years ago' fan mode of TF! Go Nuts! Have Starscream and Soundwave concoct a scheme where they build a Hypnotic Disco Nightclub of Doom to force people to become unionised labourers in the construction of a skyscraper that does nothing, but are thwarted by a bunch of breakdancers, a boombox and a gay corvette!

He's a great toy and he'll love you if you love him :D

*laughs*

You've summarized the show so well.

I rememebred a DW poster showing this "disco" scene but not the show....unless u guys are being sarcastic. :lol:

I'm fairly serious. That seems more or less how every episode went, though I admit my memories are more than a little fuzzy.