Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Who knows maybe Takara will consider him for the Masterpiece treatment… even though I seriously doubt it, can always dream though.

Masterpiece P38!

Megatron will always be a handgun to me.

Besides, I want to see how they pull THAT off in a Masterpiece-level toy. :p

Masterpiece P38!

Megatron will always be a handgun to me.

Besides, I want to see how they pull THAT off in a Masterpiece-level toy. :p

Love to see that too, it would be interesting to see if they can pull it off at a MP level of detail. :D

Edited by Veritas

I've been thinking about this, and I think it shows that while Kawamori helped designed Diaclone Battle Convoy (Prime), he had nothing to do with the Diaclone F-15 Eagle (Starscream).

Aside from the obvious inaccuracies that he wouldn't abide by in a plane, Prime and Starscream don't even look like they're from the same line. Prime has (in my opinion) a pretty realistic truck mode with a nice robot, while Starscream is a weird very toy-looking F-15 with a robot mode that wears oven mittens.

That said, I do love Starscream as a character and his cartoon model.

I've been thinking about this, and I think it shows that while Kawamori helped designed Diaclone Battle Convoy (Prime), he had nothing to do with the Diaclone F-15 Eagle (Starscream).

Aside from the obvious inaccuracies that he wouldn't abide by in a plane, Prime and Starscream don't even look like they're from the same line. Prime has (in my opinion) a pretty realistic truck mode with a nice robot, while Starscream is a weird very toy-looking F-15 with a robot mode that wears oven mittens.

That said, I do love Starscream as a character and his cartoon model.

yup. kawamori did the original diaclone line, but the stuff that looks like real world vehicles was done by this guy: Ohno Koujin, including the original starscream with the blue boxing glove hands.

yup. kawamori did the original diaclone line, but the stuff that looks like real world vehicles was done by this guy: Ohno Koujin, including the original starscream with the blue boxing glove hands.

Actually, there are two books that confirm that Shoji Kawamori worked on the "real world vehicles" of Diaclone as well. Those two books confirm that he co-designed Diaclone's Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime) and Fairlady Z (Bluestreak/Streak/Silverstreak and Prowl), and also state that he worked on several other designs after Diaclone went "real." On the Fairlady Z, he did the original design, and Ohno drafted it into a mechanically and commercially feasible toy. Here are those two books:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4063300862

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4861760364

Ya know, its already quite surprising that Yamato allowed Hory Froating Head to have the final say in all their macross toys but what's even more surprising that even Takara bows down before the great Hory Froating Head. I even read translated exerpts here and there that they (Yamato) even regard him with the honorifics of Kawamori Sensei.

He has the touch. He has the power...yeah! :lol:

Samurai sword scabbards....he should've added removable beam sabers on them while he's at it. That would be kickass! *runs from purist lynch mob*

Samurai sword scabbards....he should've added removable beam sabers on them while he's at it. That would be kickass! *runs from purist lynch mob*

Believe it or not, I've heard lots of Trans fans actually say that they would be more accepting of the hip kibble if that was in fact the case. If it had a purpose, such as actually holding swords, then I think people wouldn't mind it near as much. Obviously, some people would still not like it, but you can't please everybody :D

Believe it or not, I've heard lots of Trans fans actually say that they would be more accepting of the hip kibble if that was in fact the case. If it had a purpose, such as actually holding swords, then I think people wouldn't mind it near as much. Obviously, some people would still not like it, but you can't please everybody :D

Make Starscream a backstabber in the literal sense, huh?

I think its because people are used to Starscream being a swordsman nowadays, since his last three incarnations (even if they aren't G1) have been skilled in melee weapons.

Plus as you say, it gives function to those parts on his hips.

I think its because people are used to Starscream being a swordsman nowadays, since his last three incarnations (even if they aren't G1) have been skilled in melee weapons.

Plus as you say, it gives function to those parts on his hips.

IF only MP Screamer actually had scabbards and swords in the hip mounted wings....

Alas I will still buy it.

You know, all this fuss over Masterpiece Starscream just makes me that much happier to have stumbled across Classics Starscream (and Bumblebee & Hod Rod) yesterday after work. The G1 homage/likeness is incredible on this little $10 wonder. Best $30 I've spent on toys in a long time.

I was comparing the MP and Classic SS figures tonight. These are two of the best ever representations of the character. The MP is a great looking jet and a very nice looking robot. I really like the real world style colors, the nullray cannons and the wing mounted missiles. I especially like the chest missile launchers. The Classic is a great looking robot and one of the best looking jets to come out of the mass market Transformer line in quite some time. The jet mode does have a lot of junk hanging off the bottom but it isn't near as bad as other recent TF jets. Most importantly it is a great toy in that it can quickly be transformed between modes.

To summarize: MP SS is a great collectible and Classic is a great toy. I'm happy to have both.

I happened to find Astrotrain at Target today but unfortunately he wasn't part of the sale on TF's :angry: . It was 10bucks and I never owned a G1 Astrotrain so I bought it plus I fgot a Titanium BSG Viper MK VII (looks alot like Vic Viper from Life Force/Salamander).

Vermillion21 - is your avatar a huge robot maid? I really have no idea what it is but the thing in front looks a lot like a vacuum to me.

:lol::lol: That's some funny stuff.

It's actually Dairugger XV (aka Voltron I), in case you're serious.

Edited by ghostryder

I am enjoying the G1 TF Classics... especially Hot Rod's left arm cutter, now all I need is a couple of Sharkticons and Kup.

I just need to find myself an Armada Quitesson figure to have a G1 Movie diorama.

Edited by Dangaioh

I found some Classics bots!

I was pressed for time and short on cash, so I've only got one. But it's the important one.

Bumblebee is BACK!

Impressions:

It's Bumblebee. No mistake about it.

Car doors on the arms work, IMO. Makes it look like he's got some shields handy if things get ugly.

The "jet pack" is a fun little piece of plastic. Design is such that it's fairly posable, and seems like it can add a good bit of expression to the toy.

The toy would probably have been better served if it turned into a weapon of some sort, though. Pretender Bumblebee had a gun, why not Classics?

Fists have holes. I've got about 8 G1 guns that will fit them.

Of course, with my personality being what it is, 2 guns immediatly lept out: Powermaster Prime's rifles.

This bee has a hell of a sting now.

Edit: Camera's playing nice now.

'Bee says "Bring it, Megatron."

post-720-1160781783_thumb.jpg

Edited by JB0

Giant guns work better for Cliffjumper, though. He has a penchant for pulling giant guns out of nowhere.

Bumblebee doesn't need guns! Bumblebee wants to be your friend!

Bumblebee gave up on the pacifist hippie route after GI Joe fragged him(in the old Marvel crossover).

He wants to blow poo up now. :p

FOund starscream on friday. BEST mainline starscream since G1!!!! 10$ for a F-15 transformer that looks better than the original. The only thing that dissapoints me like with nearly all starscreams was the landing gear or lack there of. Other than that I can't see why anyone would even want the RM version over this. I eagerly await ramjet and skywarp and if people say starscream is the worst of wave 1 then the rest of wave 1 must kick mucho ass since starscream so far is freaking awesome. The transformation surprised the crap out of me, very ingenuitive and something I wouldn't have expected from a deluxe transformer, truly not what it seems!

FOund starscream on friday. BEST mainline starscream since G1!!!! 10$ for a F-15 transformer that looks better than the original. The only thing that dissapoints me like with nearly all starscreams was the landing gear or lack there of. Other than that I can't see why anyone would even want the RM version over this. I eagerly await ramjet and skywarp and if people say starscream is the worst of wave 1 then the rest of wave 1 must kick mucho ass since starscream so far is freaking awesome. The transformation surprised the crap out of me, very ingenuitive and something I wouldn't have expected from a deluxe transformer, truly not what it seems!

yeah, I don't get people who are down on the classics screamer but are so impressed by astrotrain who looks like crap in all modes except bot.