Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

I just got Astrotrain and Bumblebee, last night. I'm really surprised by how much I like BB. I've never been a fan of the character, but the toy is pretty fun. I can't wait for the Cliffjumper repaint.

Astro train is pure love. His hip construction is a little odd, but it works. I still think using he nose of the bullet train as engine bulges was a neat touch. It's too bad the engine detail doesn't extend to match that.

Now, if I could just find the others....

fyi.

The Classics and 20th-Anniv Reissue were all at the Walmart here today. At walmart-prices, I bought Megs, StarScream and Bumblebee.

I passed on AstroTrain (meh), Prime (too tiny) and Rodimus (too generic).

For $10, SS is definitely kewl! He's got knees, for $diety$'s sake! :p

IPB Image IPB Image

Now to wait for the other Seekers. B))

---

Megatron-Classics, with the other toy he was inspired from :lol: :

IPB Image

Alt Redneck-Prime vs Nerf-Megatron Classics (they actually scale against each other nicely):

IPB Image

for $20, I only wish Nerf-Megs got articulated-fingers and rotating wrist. And nerf-bullets. :p Otherwise, he's pretty kewl.

IPB Image

Not owning the MP-03, yet, here's my current Decepticon leadership:

IPB Image

and of course, Bumblebee:

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by treatment

I just found all 6 of the first wave TF Classics at my local Wal-Mart! WooHoo! Picked 'em all up at Wal-Mart prices, Deluxes for $9.97 and Voyagers for $19.99 ... not bad at all.

:lol::lol::lol:

And I gotta say, they are all pretty SWEET!! Nifty transformations and they look good!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I may just get sucked into trying to complete the entire Classics line ... even the repaints!!

:ph34r:

Couldn't they at least give Mags his OWN head scuplt? He's not just an albino Prime!

I wish they'd give him his trailer/armour. Underneath all that he is just an albino-Prime.

Actually, Don Figueroa mentioned the Titanium Ultra Magnus...I believe he even said that the armor won't have to be removed for the transformation. No pix of it yet, though.

They're also, according to Don, going to make a two-pack of War Within Prime and Megs, and will correct the floppiness issues that have been cropping up.

I was going to post a link to pics of Titanium Magnus, but completely forgot where I saw them. If there was only a way to reduce the shoulders, he'd be perfect. (But I think the shoulders form the upper level of the trailer, like the G1 toy, so there's not much you could do, unless you want a super-short trailer) Though you have to assume he's mis-transformed a bit, as the missile launchers REALLY should be able to be put on the sides of the shoulder armor, not the tip pointing up. That'll help the appearance a lot.

And I don't think it's so much a "don't have to remove the armor" thing as "the armor isn't separate". Think about it---if you take out the cab from the G1 toy in robot mode, you still have 99% of Ultra Magnus. The cab serves only to hold the head on, nothing more. It'd be very easy to make a new toy that is intended to have the cab integrated into the design. It's a cube with wheels, just tuck it away somewhere while transforming, and have the head flip out of it.

I think it could use a bit more red paint though.

I'd love to see him too, but for right now I'm going to have to assume this is the best we're going to get:

Not gonna happen - its a fake done by a Hasbro freelancer as an experiment or something (according to Hasbro). I presume he was trying to figure out who leaked his real colourguides of Smokescreen and Grimlock on Hong Kong message boards.

I just happened to be at the checkout line at Costco when I saw a cart with a bunch of other bulk stuffs(I believe these items were to be put back in the proper aisle plus an employee was pushing the cart) a two-pack of Cybertron Prime and Wing Sabre. Man I had to get outta there it was super busy and that two-pack was tempting. I think later in the week I'll go back and get it.

I also went to Target for other necessities plus it was less busy. TF's are on sale right now; Minis are 6.19, regulars are 7.99, Voyager, alts and Classics (Megs and Optimus) are 17.99, Mega's are 22.99, next up from Mega's are 34.99 and the Gynormus Primus is 44.99. I wanted Classics Bumblebee but they were outta stock, the only had Nerf-gun Megs so I got the next best thing and bought the last TF Titanium Bumblebee and it looks great on my desk.

Not gonna happen - its a fake done by a Hasbro freelancer as an experiment or something (according to Hasbro). I presume he was trying to figure out who leaked his real colourguides of Smokescreen and Grimlock on Hong Kong message boards.

Wait, didn't this same "freelancer" have a colorguide up of Classics Grimlock?

Wow, I didn't know Kawamori worked on Diaclone

Reading that interview, I am not happy that he set out to design a jet first, robot second, and was prepared to sacrifice the robot further to create the perfect F-15. I am sure with his clout, he could do an F-15 Valkyrie project seperately with Takara or Yamato or somebody, and he could make it as realistic (in the Macross mecha sense) as he wants :(

Wait, didn't this same "freelancer" have a colorguide up of Classics Grimlock?

I have no idea if he put the pics up himself or not.

Eh? Why you quoting 'freelancer' as if I made it up? :p I use freelander since I am unsure if he still works at Hasbro full-time (he left during the early days of Armada, as I recall). But he has been doing alot of stuff lately so I guess he's back full-time.

Here's an article on him

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I keep saying this, but Kawamori designed the original Battle Convoy for Diaclone, and you'll note Shinji Aramaki also worked on Diaclone.

I seem to recall reading something somewhere that it was on Diaclone that Shinji Aramaki first started thinking about motorcycle mecha. Although that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Didn't Kawamori-sama also design "Great Robot Base" for the Diaclone line?

Karl

i'm likeing the titanium series, but the new soudnwave needs a bit of work in my opinion.

theres this huge gap between the hip and top of the leg and the length of the "cod piece"

section is really long. hopefully this is still in the early stages pci taken from BBTS

[attachmentid=37172]

post-3216-1160453863_thumb.jpg

I have no idea if he put the pics up himself or not.

Eh? Why you quoting 'freelancer' as if I made it up? :p I use freelander since I am unsure if he still works at Hasbro full-time (he left during the early days of Armada, as I recall). But he has been doing alot of stuff lately so I guess he's back full-time.

Here's an article on him

Not that I don’t believe you, just sometimes your info comes out of left field. Most of the time i know where you get your news from and although I remember seeing the Smokescreen colorguides as well as that of the Classics Grimlock and Abrams Megatron, I don’t remember reading anything about the colorist (in the forums or on the newssites that i visit at least) releasing the Megatron colorguide in a bid to find the leak. Not that it really matters either way though.

In the end, I’m still hoping that the Abrams Megatron or something similar will see the light of day. I never said it had to be in the classics lineup. Maybe one day, when they run out of wonky ideas like *cough Movie Designs cough* :wacko: , they’ll consider it a viable option. Who knows maybe Takara will consider him for the Masterpiece treatment… even though I seriously doubt it, can always dream though.

Edited by Veritas