Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Not sure about the accent, he only appears in the toyline, he is absent in the cartoon. Same goes for Cyro Scourge. IF anything you can use sky shadow as classics Octane.

Wing Saber does look awesome I need him and Nemesis breaker to combine with my prime. Not to mention cybertron wingsaber is so much better than the energon version. Full articulation+good jet mode=BUY for me.

If size does not matter, Jetfire should be a good purchase. He is shorter than Classics Prime without his helmet on and therefore smaller than cybertron wingsaber.

Octane was a triple changer wasn't he?

Just bought the Wing Saber toy. Impressive size and detail, but the transformation is dissapointingly too simple. Had to order my Jetfire from overseas, ain't too hyped about Sky Shadow.

Just bought the Wing Saber toy. Impressive size and detail, but the transformation is dissapointingly too simple. Had to order my Jetfire from overseas, ain't too hyped about Sky Shadow.

Heh the reason I wanted sky shadow is mainly because I didn't have jetfire and I thought Sky Shadow had a nice color scheme. Still waiting for them the get discounted@retail.

Do you have cybertron prime to combine wingsaber with?

Unfortunately no. I will soon. Sonic Wing mode looks pretty good.

Prime himself looks good, but costs $100 AUD. I'm already paying that for Jetfire due to shipping.

I'll get the cybertron defense team as well. They were awesome. Vector Prime is going slow, i'll get him later, probably the double pack to get Thundercracker too.

Prime himself looks good, but costs $100 AUD. I'm already paying that for Jetfire due to shipping.

I'll get the cybertron defense team as well. They were awesome. Vector Prime is going slow, i'll get him later, probably the double pack to get Thundercracker too.

Holy crap man thats pricey!!

I do want to get the cybertron defense team. For the first time in a long time an upgrade of a character is actually an all new toy rather than a repaint! That alone has me excited. Not to mention the defense team characters have such improved designs over their originals. Red Alert seems like overkill but thats cool and scattershot looks badass.

Cybertron Prime has to be one of the best primes ever made. Opening matrix chamber, solid parts, VERY durable and articulated so much better than past primes. The gimmicks are incorporated well and I must say tis a shame he will be overshadowed so much by classics prime(which is also an awesome prime but man cybertron prime I think deserves more cred than he usually gets). Don't get me wrong, I like classics prime I believe a bit better but cybertron prime is definitely a must buy and quite possibly the best figure out of the whole armada-energon-cybertron trilogy. RID Prime was uncontested for years but in my book, cybertron prime finally trumped him. Not to mention unlike armada prime, Cybertron Prime's upgraded combination and super modes RETAIN full articulation. And the colors are not funky like energon prime. It does not even seem like the same designer designed all 3 of those Primes, Cybertron Prime is that much different/better.

I agree with your Prime analysis. That is a good balance of colours on the bloke. Plus, you have to admit, he is a bit animefied by todays standards, or you could even think Gundamfied, with the angled up wings and guns blazing.

You think the cannon on Red Alert is too big?

Wonder if they could have selected a military vehicle that was a bit faster, apparently Hot Shot wasn't thrilled about getting a bit slower, albeit more powerful. He is still underarmed compared to the others though.

I'll get Leo Breaker soon too. Just that I like it when he gives Jetfire crap in the cartoon. Snarl is cool too, but he is nowhere to be found.

Edited by kensei

I agree with your Prime analysis. That is a good balance of colours on the bloke. Plus, you have to admit, he is a bit animefied by todays standards, or you could even think Gundamfied, with the angled up wings and guns blazing.

You think the cannon on Red Alert is too big?

Wonder if they could have selected a military vehicle that was a bit faster, apparently Hot Shot wasn't thrilled about getting a bit slower, albeit more powerful. He is still underarmed compared to the others though.

I'll get Leo Breaker soon too. Just that I like it when he gives Jetfire crap in the cartoon. Snarl is cool too, but he is nowhere to be found.

It surprised me that Snarl never got a repaint from hasbro. I need to find him as well. I don't think the cannon is too big for Red Alert, I was actually impressed that he got upgraded hardcore weaponwise. It really makes the deluxe red alert look like a medic. The bigger defense version looks like a centurian juggernaut by comparison.

I actually think cybertron Prime has a mazinger influence in super mode. The big red wings, the slightly pissed looking face..it worked for me. Not to mention a great mazinger homage when combined with Wing sabre since he has swords. Hmmm....maybe thats a grendizer homage too due to the yellow black and red combo+the wings?>! That would be cool if that was the intent!

Holy crap man thats pricey!!

I'm simply just too late to the game. Now I pay for it.

I actually think cybertron Prime has a mazinger influence in super mode. The big red wings, the slightly pissed looking face..it worked for me. Not to mention a great mazinger homage when combined with Wing sabre since he has swords. Hmmm....maybe thats a grendizer homage too due to the yellow black and red combo+the wings?>! That would be cool if that was the intent!

This is where we part simply becuae of your vast experience. Looking up Mazinger, yeah you're probably more right. I'm never seen those old school shows like Mazinger or any of the ones that feature in the "Soul of Chogokin line."

Cybertron was an ok line...had its share of crap figures (Lugnutz and Ransack come to mind), but some pretty good ones too--Primus, Starscream, and Soundwave were excellent, I thought.

Cybertron Prime has to be one of the best primes ever made. Opening matrix chamber, solid parts, VERY durable and articulated so much better than past primes. The gimmicks are incorporated well and I must say tis a shame he will be overshadowed so much by classics prime(which is also an awesome prime but man cybertron prime I think deserves more cred than he usually gets). Don't get me wrong, I like classics prime I believe a bit better but cybertron prime is definitely a must buy and quite possibly the best figure out of the whole armada-energon-cybertron trilogy.

Yah. He's darn spiffy.

I debated it for a bit because of the price tag(I'm cheap, what can I say), but he's just too neat.

The big thing was the face. I didn't know there was a flip-up faceplate for a while, and he looks stupid with a mouth.

As-is, I just wish he could grab the Matrix with both hands at once.

Not to mention unlike armada prime, Cybertron Prime's upgraded combination and super modes RETAIN full articulation.

Almost full. The matrix chamber can't be opened while combined with Wing Saber or the "trailer."

I wanted to do a super-mode Matrix pose is the only reason I mention it.

Cybertron Prime's US instructions actually put the wings pointing down, even though everyone else has them angled up(including Hasbro's photographer).

Both versions have their ups and downs.

Edited by JB0

ah, so it is...

Thank goodness. I was counting on this model as a backup in case I can't get the other one later. Even for a "now and then" TF fan, the G1 MPOP is a must have.

Picked up Classics Prime, and I must say he's really neat. Still, I don't know about him being worth 20 bucks, he's no Alternator (not that Alternator Prime is all that good, then again Alt Prime is probably the worst Alternator out there). He's fun, though. Still, don't know if I'll get Megatron. I really want a Megatron, but Classics Megatron looks even cheaper and more garish than Prime, still for 20 bucks. We'll see, I might cave just to hava a Megatron figure. I'm really looking forward to MP Megatron, but the Classics are the perfect toys to throw in a bag and take to work.

Jesus, I only paid $75 and $65AUD respectively for Galaxy Convoy and Dreadrock from Transfigure Toys awhile back.

It surprised me that Snarl never got a repaint from hasbro. I need to find him as well. I don't think the cannon is too big for Red Alert, I was actually impressed that he got upgraded hardcore weaponwise. It really makes the deluxe red alert look like a medic. The bigger defense version looks like a centurian juggernaut by comparison.

Today I just went to a local store that sells Takara ones. They actually have Snarl as Fang Wolf, two versions both Autobots. One was the blue and white and the other is black and white.

I thought $20 USD was pretty fair dinkum. Nothing wrong with that price.

I'd probably feel better about it if the paint job wasn't so painfully cheap. He's a great little toy, a lot of fun, but again I simply enjoy my Alternators every bit as much (Alt Prime, once again, a painful exception), and they have the added benefit of looking well worth the asking price. Classics Prime would look so much better if the colours were a little less garish and cheap. Make the grill shiney, the red a bit less bright, etcetera.

Megatron looks even worse, all the photos I've seen he has such a shoddy paint job, in addition to such a poor choice of colours.

I've no problem with the $10 Classics, though. Hot Rod, especially, is fantastic. I still need to nab Bumblebee. I'm kinda torn on Astrotrain, though. I'm looking forward to Mirage, Grimlock, and I'd love to see Soundwave and Kup get the classics treatment.

Ah cool, yep I know what you mean. Fair enough.

Astrotrain would have looked heaps better if they stuck to his G1 colours. The design itself is fine. I dug that custom I saw a week back.

Edited by kensei

Just picked up Classics Bumblebee.... great figure, wish it had a gun... One question tho, does anyone else's rubsign not change no matter how long they press down on it for?

One more thing... anyone else got huge gnarly sprue gobbers on the top of the hands? I think they forgot to clean them off mine...

Edited by promethuem5

Just picked up Classics Bumblebee.... great figure, wish it had a gun... One question tho, does anyone else's rubsign not change no matter how long they press down on it for?

Nuh-uh.

My rubsign changes color jsut from the good ol' Texas sun. Or barely touching it. Rubbing is purely optional.

One more thing... anyone else got huge gnarly sprue gobbers on the top of the hands? I think they forgot to clean them off mine...

None that I saw.

*passes the XActo*

You know what to do.

Edited by JB0

True, it's no big deal to fix the sprue marks, but I simply cna't hold my finger on the touch-sign long enough to get it to change...

EIDT: oooh ooh, got it.... took a really long hold the first time... think my hands might've been colder than I realized before...

Edited by promethuem5

I don't know why Hasbro has such a big problem with Astrotrain's colors. I wish they'd just stick with the "Anime" scheme and run with it. I don't know why they used white on the original toy in the first place.

Well, the white colour scheme was the original Diaclone colours, and were the basis of the colours of the Japanese G1 version. Hasbro's colour G1 toy colour scheme was a combination of that and what became the cartoon colouration. An 'Anime' colour scheme was never released in the original toy run.

I believe Hasbro went with this colour scheme as a nod to the fans who would recognise the japanese colour scheme. Plus, it leaves them the option of repainting Astrotrain in G1 cartoon colours later, possibly for the 2008 Transformers Heroes series.

Or the simple reason behind the original color scheme:

Astrotrain was white and black. Space shuttles are white and black. Steam locomotives are black (often with white trim)

He was realistically colored in both modes, which is pretty rare for any non-car TF. I always wanted a white Astrotrain, as it'd make for a "perfect" shuttle mode.

Didn't Diaclone Blitzwing have grey and green for the same reasons?