Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Simply amazing... can't wait to see more (and final painted) pics!!

I hope this time they respect Meg's color scheme... Please, please!!! ^_^

Manu

I wonder if HLJ will pull some similar bull.

I doubt it- BBTS are based in the USA, which is why they feel they have to do it- with HLJ shipping out of japan, to places all over the world where this law doesn't apply (such as the UK) they shouldn;t need to do anything but place a disclaimer on the pages along the lines of "US customers be advised your geatron may get intercepted by customs)

I doubt it- BBTS are based in the USA, which is why they feel they have to do it- with HLJ shipping out of japan, to places all over the world where this law doesn't apply (such as the UK) they shouldn;t need to do anything but place a disclaimer on the pages along the lines of "US customers be advised your geatron may get intercepted by customs)

All true, but from my experience importing anything looking like a gun it HAS to have the blaze orange tip to pass through customs. At least, with airsoft guns that holds true.

But, on a good note, haven't ALL the MPs been in bot mode inside the box? =) Some dip at customs isn't going to know either way if that is the case.

MP starscream is in jet mode.

HLJ may end up having to do it for US sales, I guess, but modifying thier entire stock would be a dumb move when a signficant proportion of thier business must be outside the USA

in any event, the Takara reissue of G1 megs was sold through HLJ unmodified so i'd expect them to follow that policy.

Edited by RFT

Megs is lookng good so far. I'm holding any criticism for images of him further along in production.

Back to the orange tip thing.... What does an orange tip on a gun really prove? Couldn't someone put an orange tip on a REAL gun if they wanted to? I suppose it's just there to make the idiotic masses in this country (USA) feel better.

I agree Eriku. I'm actually surprised that no scumbag has tried to paint the nozzle of their real piece fluo to pass for a toy.

As for Megatron, if that is indeed an official mockup photo, I like it! I was rather hoping he might have been born from a MR Desert Eagle in this incarnation, but so long as the boy form looks right, I'm there ^_^

If that's really MP Megs, i gotta say i'm disappointed. The legs look pretty skinny, reminscent of the orignal mold. If they're sacrificing the robot mode to make the gun mode more accurate, i'd much rather have it the other way around. Still I'm going to reserve final judgement until i see some better pictures though.

Looks good so far, I'm sure they can find a way to beef up the legs a bit. Now, who do you think will be the next MP, I'm hoping an Autobot, just not sure which one. Though I think that if they did soundwave that would be cool too, if only they make him an actual working radio of some kind, lol.

Not bad (yes I hope the legs are beefed up more also), is the telescope suppose to be that big though otherwise I guess it'll have to come with a stand for his hand to hold up the arm like in the photo. Wonder what the extra accessories will be, maybe the energy spike/mace and hopefully laser beak to sit on his arm?

Please do. After all, Takara hasn't even let Kawamori make his changes yet! :p

:lol:

In all seriousness though, yeah the skinny legs are really the only thing holding me back from liking this figure a lot more. If they do find a way to beef up the legs i’ll def. pick one up… unless… he’s not the same size (Height) as MP OPS., than that’s a whole another issue right there. :mellow:

re the legs being skinny, is there a way to have the inner side contain a 'pull out' inner leg to make them thicker in robot mode? I can't think of a better way to describe this so I hope you get what I mean. ;)

Looks good so far, I'm sure they can find a way to beef up the legs a bit. Now, who do you think will be the next MP, I'm hoping an Autobot, just not sure which one. Though I think that if they did soundwave that would be cool too, if only they make him an actual working radio of some kind, lol.

The problem with Soundwave is that the original is great as it is. For the Masterpiece they would give him more articulation and a better head... that's about it.

Yeah, the skinny limb syndrome is one of the reasons I was kinda leaning towards seeing a Masterpiece G2 Megs rather than the original. If they're going to go with the original gun, I'm also wishing they'd beef up the grip to make his legs wider. We'll see how the final figure looks.

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the gun mode doesn't really matter to me, I think that the general consensus is that the bot mode is the real character. Having said that, I would even be ok with a more "cartoony" gun, as opposed to a realistic P-38. I mean, the gun looked kinda chunky and oddly-proportioned in the animation anyway.

Here's a pic I found on another forum that I think looks quite good, and would also allow for more "cartoon accurate" legs in bot mode

post-632-1163736054_thumb.jpg

I saw those pics - maybe a Glock would be the best gun to base Megs on as it's nice and big and chunky.

Dunno the release date.. it was what, about 6 months from when Starscream was first announced to when he hit the shelves?

Megs is lookng good so far. I'm holding any criticism for images of him further along in production.

Back to the orange tip thing.... What does an orange tip on a gun really prove? Couldn't someone put an orange tip on a REAL gun if they wanted to? I suppose it's just there to make the idiotic masses in this country (USA) feel better.

Hypothetically, it's to protect the children, not make the evil villains more obvious(if it were, the law would require real guns to be bright colors and toy guns to be dark).

Got put in after some kid removed himself from the gene pool by pulling a plastic gun on a cop.

But people DO get brightly-colored real guns sometimes. Because they're "kewl gangstaz" or something. They don't exactly use it as a confusion tactic, though.

Has anyone got a First Gunner? If they have, can you tell me if the hips are meant to be loose?

No, they shouldn't, but it depends on what you mean by loose. And you actually went to the trouble of getting a GF Fast Gunner almost a year after release? You should have saved yourself some money and bought one of the many CD Red Alerts clogging shelves at Target and Kmart currently on sale prices.

BTW guys, that's not the MP Megatron. That's a kitbash made by a fan. No real pics have surfaced yet.

Proof? Source?

Cap the link you posted was of a custom a fan was working on.

BTW Classics Jetfire is already out folks! There was a sighting in WV already and elsewhere.

Yup, I live in WV and there are a ton of them at my local Walmart. I passed on it though....wasn't too crazy about the design. I'll wait and see what others think before I deside.

Chris

No, they shouldn't, but it depends on what you mean by loose. And you actually went to the trouble of getting a GF Fast Gunner almost a year after release? You should have saved yourself some money and bought one of the many CD Red Alerts clogging shelves at Target and Kmart currently on sale prices.

Proof? Source?

Hey FFN, ignore the last one about the MP Megs, I was looking at something else while I was typing.

Regarding the Red Alerts, we have none here in Perth. They are very scarce now, all the Cybertron line. There really seems to be no quality difference between the Galaxy Force and the Cybertron line. The only GF ones I have are Optimus Prime, Dreadlock (nowhere else to be found, unless I want a Sky Shadow). My Scattorshot, Hot Shot and Wing Saber are Cybertrons. Prime only had a $10 AUD premium over the Cybertron one, so I got the GF one.

By loose, I mean it has a tendancy to swing backwards due to the cannon on his shoulder.

Edited by kensei

I hope so. He's a great figure. Real fun.

Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Cybertron figures are back heavy? This kind makes then hard to pose. I won't mention how hard it is for Wing Saber with his awkward feet.

Most TFs tend to be back-heavy nowadays, which is why most designs have heel-spur feet. I think your Fast Gunner is borked :( He shouldn't be so loose that he can fall over from the weight of the missile.

Mine was one of the more stable large Cyb/GF figures.

Which one is Fast Gunner? And are all the Cybertron Defense team versions better than their original smaller incarnations?(regular backpack, deluxe hotshot/red alert)? They look beastly.

Hmm. I want to get all of them, Wing Sabre, Cyro Scourge, Nemesis Breaker, Scrapmetal, Galvatron and Metroplex and Sky Shadow. I like the cybertron line a lot I still must find the delue trex megs too.

Also the cartoon isn't that bad! I watch it before class sometimes.

I hope so. He's a great figure. Real fun.

Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Cybertron figures are back heavy? This kind makes then hard to pose. I won't mention how hard it is for Wing Saber with his awkward feet.

I DID notice a tendency towards "backpacks" on them.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why Soundwave's wings don't have hinges to collapse them down. The design's really nice aside from that.