1/72 Reactive Armored VF-0S Macross Zero

Less than Super Ostrich

Willdo! John is a great guy - that's where I got my FMMF from.

please consider ordering this item from Starshipmodeler.com. They do an excellent job with customer service. I think they are anticipating getting this one for their shop.

god there is just to much cool stuff coming out in the next 6 months, i am really going to have to get a second job.

chris

Generally, I like the design, but it does REEK of Gundam. Blech! Did I just say Gundam?!? Blech again.

The designer - Shouji Kawamori - is a Gundam fan. In fact, Gundam is probably the reason why he became an animator/mechanical designer in the first place. Him and that HAL guy (Mikimoto.)

Generally, I like the design, but it does REEK of Gundam. Blech! Did I just say Gundam?!? Blech again.

In what way? Just curious, built a butt-load of Gundams and the only simularitys I see are superficial.

Mind you, I'm not sure it looks Macross either... something is missing but I'm not sure what.

The designer - Shouji Kawamori - is a Gundam fan. In fact, Gundam is probably the reason why he became an animator/mechanical designer in the first place. Him and that HAL guy (Mikimoto.)

He's more than just a fan. he did some design work for gundam 0083

but I think the Reactive armor design is more armored core looking to me (which makes sence as he did design work for that too).

If you're looking for something that's not really Gundam nor 100% Macross. Then this must be Armored Core :D Almost all AC were designed by Kawamori.

Or just to OUT myself: "Heureka! It looks like Shoji Kawamori's AIBO on 2 legs. :lol:

My "Styrene" sweet tooth is tingling again. Ahhhhhrg! And I gotta buy more supplies for the Daedalus! Hmmm, Christmas is coming up sooon!? All those missiles are making my mouth drool - even in 1/72nd scale (it's not the model glue - honest :D ). - MT

how tall is this kit? is it comparable to a MG gundam in size?

thanks

chris

I don't know about the kit but the box is as big as the 1/48 size box.. the armor and the VF-0S comes inthe same package so 2 kits in one. The front cover in gorgeous in meatlic gray..I ordered mine from Hobby search 1999 a week ago and it's already here through EMS; fastest delivery ever. I got that topped by HLJ just a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to get one of these.... gorgeous kit. I'm assuming from the pics that the armor is NOT removable?

Mine just arrived from HLJ yesterday. Damn... huge box compared to the other Hasegawa VFs. You are correct... the armour is not removable. A few pieces are layered over the basic battroid, but most significant parts are not. The legs, for example, just have a piece at the top to show the leg protruding from under the armour. The chest armour is layered on, but the chest of the battroid underneath has these big posts sitcking out for the chest armour to attach to.

Edited by Penguin