1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

Anybody feel like writing an indepth review of series 1 & series 2 for the main site?

Looking for about 1000 words written in a fair and objective manner. And of course lots of pics of the toys in all three mode, box & instructions.

I'd do it myself, but I have no plan to buy the toys as I don't want more VF-1 toys. If Toynami wants to send me some free samples to review I'll be happy to review them........hint, hint.

Graham

In the meantime...

This is the dissasembled Toynami VF-1A Max from Series 1. I thought this was going to be a lot tougher. Though most parts can be disassembled, the only parts that can not be pulled apart are the backpack and the upper and lower arm parts.

Care must be taken when pulling this apart. Do it slow and steadily. If you don't you'll regret it.

post-2246-1165979274_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1165979304_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1165979346_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1165979361_thumb.jpg

Anybody feel like writing an indepth review of series 1 & series 2 for the main site?

Looking for about 1000 words written in a fair and objective manner. And of course lots of pics of the toys in all three mode, box & instructions.

I'd do it myself, but I have no plan to buy the toys as I don't want more VF-1 toys. If Toynami wants to send me some free samples to review I'll be happy to review them........hint, hint.

Graham

You know who's tha man to review this thing...hint, hint :ph34r:

Well, I'll end up getting a Series 2 Max version if Toynami releases FAST packs. But I've been talking with Toynami via e-mail and they refuse to give me any form of hope that FAST packs are still coming out. The only thing they'd tell me was that they were focused on Series 2 right now with no information on FAST packs. :(

Forgot to ask if anyone's heard anything different as to when/if the FAST packs are going to be released?

Edited by protostar8

Graham wrote: Anybody feel like writing an indepth review of series 1 & series 2 for the main site?

I know I'm new, but I have the series 1 1/100s and would love to write a review. Also take good pictures. But It would be ready Monday, since I would be able to do it over the weekend (work consumes my week).

VFTF1

Well, I'll end up getting a Series 2 Max version if Toynami releases FAST packs. But I've been talking with Toynami via e-mail and they refuse to give me any form of hope that FAST packs are still coming out. The only thing they'd tell me was that they were focused on Series 2 right now with no information on FAST packs. :(

Forgot to ask if anyone's heard anything different as to when/if the FAST packs are going to be released?

becaue toynami loves to give us vaporware....

FP's looked really good on display at SDCC too....

There is suppose to be a third series of VF-1's, though I'm not sure if Toynami's specified what VF-1's will be represented.

If anyone wants to see that third series or the FAST Packs, buy Series 1 and 2 which are out right now! :) Toynami has put out the best 1/100th scale VF-1 toy ever done and are supporting Macross (TV series and DYRL) with this release, so I say we should show our support. :)

There is suppose to be a third series of VF-1's, though I'm not sure if Toynami's specified what VF-1's will be represented.

If anyone wants to see that third series or the FAST Packs, buy Series 1 and 2 which are out right now! :) Toynami has put out the best 1/100th scale VF-1 toy ever done and are supporting Macross (TV series and DYRL) with this release, so I say we should show our support. :)

LIES! this is more RT propaganda.

they said the same crap about the beta when the alphas came out...but wheres the beta now? :rolleyes:

whats that old saying...

fool me once, shame on you...

fool me twice, shame on me...

I'd buy them if Toynami had a good track record of putting out what they show, but they don't so I'll wait and see if FAST packs come out before I make a purchase. I have so many other things that I'd rather have b/c I already have tons of VF-1's and without FAST packs, I can't really justify the cost.

I'd buy them if Toynami had a good track record of putting out what they show, but they don't so I'll wait and see if FAST packs come out before I make a purchase. I have so many other things that I'd rather have b/c I already have tons of VF-1's and without FAST packs, I can't really justify the cost.

I sent Toynami an email regarding the fast packs over 3 weeks ago and got no response. I purchased my 1/100 based on the pics showing the upcoming fast packs. If they pull the same thing with these as they did with the beta, I am never buying anything from toynami again.

That is why the rest I have coming will stay in the box. No fast packs and these will get sold off.

Toynami is really pissing me off now! :angry:

If Toynami, decides not to make the Strike/FP armour, it doesn't matter. I've got my set almost completed. It looks pretty nice so far (on my VF-1A BLUE ROSES). :rolleyes:

I know I'm new, but I have the series 1 1/100s and would love to write a review. Also take good pictures. But It would be ready Monday, since I would be able to do it over the weekend (work consumes my week).

VFTF1

I'd love to read an in-depth review of these. If the write-up starts to take too much time due to writer's block, I humbly offer the phrases "glorified Banpresto," "crap-tastic wonder," "looks almost as good as 10 lbs. of dog crap in a 5 lb. bag," as well as "display stand works as well as Paris Hilton holding Rosanne Barr up with one hand."

:)

got the series 2 valks this weekend....

they've included the better ball joint socket for the stand.... the only other difference i've seen so far is the heatsheild as it's plain and almost a matte color compared the the rest of the valk.

headsculpt of the VF-1J isn't bad at all... Mine's was pretty tight.... looks good so far!!! just waiting for those FP's... argh....

For those of you considering buying the first series still, this store is selling them cheap (be sure to check shipping costs). I've never used this store so this isn't a personal recommendation, just something I noticed while shopping

eBay Series 1 1/100 Toynami Valks

Wow, for $33 + shipping {~9 to GA} they're almost good enough to buy for customs. It's too bad I bought all of mine separately. As soon as the 1/100 hikaru gets here, i'm gonna paint it in a low-vis v2. camo scheme. Maybe I'll pick up a few more for work. *Decisions, decisions, decisions...*

Anyone try taking a 1/100 GPB-1 kit and bashing it w/ the toynami's?