1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

lol sure of it. 2 pilots for mine. Yeah those window thinghys are part of the canopy.

Never played the game (yet), so can someone look up the stats of the crew capacity?

In the game i imagine your just the lone pilot, but maybe in the cut scenes or what not

there may be a hint of a 2nd pilot/gunner. That's what i'd like to think. :p

Unless your a bad ass pilot, to make use of all the weapon systems available '2' would be the go.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

I picked one up a few days ago. Overall, I like the toy. It's nice and posable and it's the perfect size for my computer desk. Now for some ranting and raving:

Rave

1. Great posability! I really like the way the joints move!

2. Good proportions overall. The big shoulders don't bother me too much..

3. Looks great in battroid and gerwalk modes. Tail fin a tad on the smallish side in fighter mode, but ok!

4. Heh, nice packaging Toynami!

Rant

1. Floppy back pack in fighter and battroid modes.

2. Raised skull on the heat shield.

3. Decals are so-so.

4. Swing bars seem a little delicate. I'm afraid I might snap them accidentally.

5. Price could be cheaper. I bought mine for about $20. $15 would be a more ideal price or $20 w/ fast packs.

Here's some pics of my Hikaru 1A. I used a mechanical pencil for the panel lining and added the decals. I didn't add the skull decals to the tail fins as there were too big and cheap looking. I'll need to trim those down later. Also, I thought the UN SPACY decal for the legs were too small so I just used the GU-11 decals in their place. I might pull those off....haven't quite decided. The flash of my camera faded some of the detail of the panel lining, so use your imagination. Overall, I thought it turned out well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here's some pics of my Hikaru 1A. I used a mechanical pencil for the panel lining and added the decals. I didn't add the skull decals to the tail fins as there were too big and cheap looking. I'll need to trim those down later. Also, I thought the UN SPACY decal for the legs were too small so I just used the GU-11 decals in their place. I might pull those off....haven't quite decided. The flash of my camera faded some of the detail of the panel lining, so use your imagination. Overall, I thought it turned out well.

Uh oh! You gave him Kakizaki's number (012), now he's gonna get shot down long before he gets to take on Boldoza :p j/k. Nice pics

Uh oh! You gave him Kakizaki's number (012), now he's gonna get shot down long before he gets to take on Boldoza :p j/k. Nice pics

Yeah, I realized that when I finished. Oops! :lol: Seriously though, I wouldn't mind buying a couple more. Maybe do some paint mods on 'em. Low viz? Angel birds? Oh yeah. I know they may be on the way in the future, but....I don't want to wait.

I might buy new ones online, especially if they're cheaper.

Yeah, I realized that when I finished. Oops! :lol: Seriously though, I wouldn't mind buying a couple more. Maybe do some paint mods on 'em. Low viz? Angel birds? Oh yeah. I know they may be on the way in the future, but....I don't want to wait.

I might buy new ones online, especially if they're cheaper.

I had a similar thought. I was thinking it would be neat to see someone customize a few of these into the various Yamato non-cannon 1/48's (i.e. low viz 1, low viz 2, and stealth). I have no customizing skills, but I'd like to see someone else do it.

We heard about wave 1 and 2 so long ago, but now that wave 1 is out and wave 2 should be out any day now, it's weird that we've heard nothing about any future waves. I'm getting worried that these didn't do well and the line may get dropped. I hope not.

I had a similar thought. I was thinking it would be neat to see someone customize a few of these into the various Yamato non-cannon 1/48's (i.e. low viz 1, low viz 2, and stealth). I have no customizing skills, but I'd like to see someone else do it.

We heard about wave 1 and 2 so long ago, but now that wave 1 is out and wave 2 should be out any day now, it's weird that we've heard nothing about any future waves. I'm getting worried that these didn't do well and the line may get dropped. I hope not.

Well if that happens, and they're sold at a discount, then goodie for us. We can pick 'em up cheap and mod the heck out of them. I mean, look how badly Toynami did with their MPC's. I was finding them at Gamestop for $15-20 a pop. <_<

I made a quick custom and posted some horrible pictures back on page 19. {It was my first attempt at customization. Second attempt was repainting a 1/60 Roy Strike with gray over the yellow and making the strike armor gray too.}

I thought about repainting that one in a low-vis scheme, since I just finished my first complete custom on a 1/60 hikaru vf-1a. I'll have to post some pics of the 1/60 low-vis I made {Third attempt, so it's not as good as the air-brushed 1/48's}

I'll see what I can do with a repaint of the first one in the next couple of days.

Edited by jodokast

I'm wondering what's going on as well. I pre-ordered a set of VF1Js and they should have shipped in September. ? And heck, if they end up getting sold off for cheap, great news.

PS: I also wrote toynami about the crappy stands, and they said they'd send me replacement parts... which I'm still waiting for. It's been about two months.

I'm wondering what's going on as well. I pre-ordered a set of VF1Js and they should have shipped in September. ? And heck, if they end up getting sold off for cheap, great news.

PS: I also wrote toynami about the crappy stands, and they said they'd send me replacement parts... which I'm still waiting for. It's been about two months.

It took a month, but I finally got the replacement ball joints from Toynami. Who knows...maybe they're overwhelmed with requests for new ones.

Allright...here's a work in progress of a 1/100 low-vis paint scheme. I'm still working on it and need to apply the stickers, it's 95% complete.

[attachmentid=37356]

==EDIT== {It seems to still be a little lacking in fighter mode.}

[attachmentid=37357]

**SIGH...if only the fastpacks were out, then it might actually look better.**

post-1545-1161450273_thumb.jpg

post-1545-1161453789_thumb.jpg

Edited by jodokast

Allright...here's a work in progress of a 1/100 low-vis paint scheme. I'm still working on it and need to apply the stickers, it's 95% complete.

[attachmentid=37356]

wow.. that's nice... i guess a change of color does make some difference. Cool man, can't wait to see the final out come.

**SIGH...if only the fastpacks were out, then it might actually look better.**

So far it looks good. I am waiting on the fastpacks too.

[attachmentid=37356]

Awesome!! I've been hoping someone would do just this! Looks like a top notch job too jodokast. A little constructive critisism: paint the visor green and fix the landing gear lights on the legs. Looks really great!!