What Issues Would You...

kensei

Hmm... that's almost like inviting yamato to F*** up the first time so they can make a pretty penny off parts...

Heck. No.

If they mess up on parts which they should have gotten right in the first place, they should have a system where you can mail parts to them and they send a good part back to you at no additional fee... I'd be willing to pay real shipping for that...

The only scenario I see myself paying for parts is if I make a mistake and accidently break an otherwise QC free part.

agreed, if they couldnt be bothered to design it right the first time, they should make "correct" parts available to their customers at no charge.

and for those of us not in japan... I'm sure they could send the correct number of parts to large resellers like twin moons for distribution.

They're never going to tell us all the stuff they plan to bring out. Graham, they'll tell. Us, nnot so much

However G, can u ask them for some pricing details? How much is the Ghost on its own going to be. Does it come with the missles and parts to attch it to either the 0A or 0S, or both (Since the attchment point versions of the conformal tannks will be different colours.) How much will the FP set for the 19 be, and if it really IS the quivilant of $60 usd, what are we getting for the money?

Those questions seem fair, dont u think?

Graham. Can you also find out if they plan to celebrate the 25th Anniversary with a special release?

Yeah, like a 25th anniversary reissue of the Max & Miria VF-1J Super Valkyries? :p

Oh, have I mentioned that already? About a dozen times you say? Oh well, one more time don't hurt: "Yamato, please reissue the Max & Miria VF-1J Super Valkyries" :ph34r:

The answer to that I already know and have known for a long time.

Graham

*Curses%$&! <_< The suffering we must endure :wacko::blink: Hopefully it would something significant and symbollic of macross..*cough*..*hic*..SDF-1..*cough*

Cheers

Do rub-on decals ala Bandais Master Grade Gundam series. Looks a whole lot purtier and they stay on just great with a dull-coat and don't have that cheap sticker look.

OR...

For God's Sake print Decal Sheets with a BLUE background. Do you know how many cuts I got carving out the Itty bitty white line GPB decals (ie the Elbow Vent Line Decal). Carving them would be no problem if it weren't for carving White off of SHINY WHITE. Yeesh O_o

Edited by Duymon

For god's sake, NO rub on decals like on Bandai's MG kits. I hate those things and have never managed to get one to completely stick to the kit. No matter how much and how carefully I rub them, little patches always stay firmly attached to the sheet.

Graham

So just to clarify, I'm to tell Yamato to never reissue the Max & Miria VF-1J Super, right? :p

Or do we have our wires crossed? :D

Graham

you sir are just sick. corse maybe this is some form of hint that we'll be geting them that would be awsome.

maybe they might do some super bundle which comes with max miria and the fast packs all in one huge box. (god that would be expencive)

For god's sake, NO rub on decals like on Bandai's MG kits. I hate those things and have never managed to get one to completely stick to the kit. No matter how much and how carefully I rub them, little patches always stay firmly attached to the sheet.

Graham

Wow someone who actually agrees with me on how much dry rubs suck. I would like some decals that have the same quality as the ones Bandai uses. The decals on the PG kits are great, fairly thin and adheres well

Edited by anime52k8

1/48 Elint and Ostrich

I will never for the life of me understand Yamato's reluctance to make 2-seater 1/48 Vf-1 models

you sir are just sick. corse maybe this is some form of hint that we'll be geting them that would be awsome.

maybe they might do some super bundle which comes with max miria and the fast packs all in one huge box. (god that would be expencive)

Wow someone who actually agrees with me on how much dry rubs suck. I would like some decals that have the same quality as the ones Bandai uses. The decals on the PG kits are great, fairly thin and adheres well

I really really really hope Yamato decides to go the 1/48 route with the VT-01 & VE-01

and a re-issue of the Super Hikaru , Max , and Miria would be great and ...

NO Rub-on-Decals they dont work.

1/48 Elint and Ostrich

I will never for the life of me understand Yamato's reluctance to make 2-seater 1/48 Vf-1 models

Technical issues.

Yamato have always claimed the 1/48 wasn't designed to easily be converted to two-seater and still keep perfect transformation.

It can be done as Capt America's conversion kit is proof, but it's not an ideal solution as the head hangs too low in fighter mode and the heatshiled is removeable rather than being stored under the chest plate.

Graham

Same here I need a few more of those. I hope Yamato

puts these out sometime this year. There arent that many

more Valks that i want.

ve1 , vt1 , yf21 , vf11b , sv-51 etc and the re-issues of

Super max , Super mairia , Super Hikaru.

Since i'm not familiar with the ships from MacII they're not high on

my list but it wouldnt stop me from getting them either especially

if they're 1/60 or 1/48 whichever is more appropriate

edit : i worote mac II i meant Mac7 , either you get the idea

Edited by Macross73

Oh look what you've started now ... :p

If he says it like that, either he's either screwing with us again (ha!), or they must have something big planned. Since it's the 25th anniversary of the original series, I can't imagine it would be a YF-21 or something like that (please, for god's sake, make one, though) ... SDF-1 perhaps? Who knows. I foresee another ten threads speculating what it could be opening (and swiftly being closed by the mods) in the near future ...

Back on topic ... Ask them where the *$#&@ the enemy mecha is. I'd give my spleen over for a 1/60 glaug with a removable Qamzin. I might throw in a kidney, too, if he had a huge bottle of wine in his hand and a drunk look on his face ... :lol:

Since it seems the gunpod is an issue with EVERY YF-19 out there, that's not a QC problem, that's a design problem, and there's no way they could have missed it if they'd actually played with a final production example for 30 secs. Probably would have noticed the gear didn't angle out right either. A QC problem is random mis-aligned tampos or missing parts. The gunpod and gear issue is inherent to the YF-19, chance has nothing to do with how yours will be.

My guess is they only tested the gear and gunpod on near-final samples or something, and didn't check it again for the final ones, assuming they were the same.

I need to confirm this with Yamato, but I have a theory that the gunpod was deliberately left a bit loose to allow it to twist slightly when the YF-19 is placed on the Yamato stand. The placement of the stand attacment piece prevents the gunpod from pointing straight ahead and forces it to twist to one side.

Graham

Big difference between *allowing* a twist to be made when on the stand, and *forcing* it whenever it's in fighter mode. I don't think anyone's reporting it behaving as it was designed, if that's what it was meant to do. It's not "normally straight but can be angled for the display stand", rather it's "always off-center and cannot be straightened".

They really screwed up or have their priorities backwards if they wanted it to be *able* to be angled. I think the number of people who want the gunpod to be straight far outnumber the people who want it on a display stand in fighter mode with gunpod attached.

I hope it isn't too late...

Graham can you ask if Yamato ever plans to revisit the 1/60 VF-1 line and give them

an upgrade. A great looking and functionally better VF-1 in 1/60 is sorely missing.

And I know a lot of you peeps are tired of the VF-1, but I'm not dammit!

Graham needs a bit more time, he probably also had a few lessons from his Sith master as well.

"How to hint without giving anything away"

"Teasing for fun"

"Samples and prototypes III"

It is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.