The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

To get it proportioned right in all modes, some sacrifices have to be made unfrotunately. If the front was lengthened out in fighter mode to match the anime lineart, battroid mode would be even taller and more lanky (or it would have a super pointy uni-boob). If you shorten battroid (since it has a tall belly) it'll look smaller in fighter.

I'm really curious to see it in gerwalk.

I can't wait for protoype pics! Because I admit that the VF-0 didnt look as good to me in lineart mode, whereas the pics I've seen of the production model look AWESOME!

The stubbiness of the nose might work to make the battroid look a little less pointy in the chest. (so I think robot mode people will benefit here) I hope they do make the shoulders posable though so the robot mode can have the shoulders look more like the lineart. I agree they should at least meet as high as the canopy in fighter mode. And the idea of using ball joints for the arms and the shoulder armor as shoulder pads sounds like a good idea along with the inclusion of the usual posability in the shoulder already in the 1/72. (I like how they did this for the banpresto valks vf1 actually with independant arm movement underneath the shoulder pad)

Hopefully the gunpod ain't too big so to a point where the wrist can barely support it.

I wonder if they will include extra clips underneath the shield? So you can have the robot reload the gunpod?

While it's a nice drawing, it's obvious that a battroid model or toy which had the same proportions as the drawing would have major prolems if it were to transform. The battroid drawing has gigantic lower legs and a big head, which would cause all sorts of havoc with fighter mode.

That is the first thing I thought when I saw that deformed pic.

I actually do not mind a skinny battroid though because to me a valk should be skinny and not too chunky if the plane isn't that way to begin with. Although fat hands look good, and chunky arms and legs match what is drawn, that is not how I would personally envision what the "real" thing would be if it had to transform in 3d. It is sort of the reason I can totally accept the majorly beefed up 1/48 GBP armor vs the anime GBP armor with tiny chest. The way I like to think of it is that when these skinny valks wear the armour, they compensate for the lack of meat when they upgrade to become these heavier robots at times when fighter mode is not important - which is why everyone loves the bigger hands on gbp and normal sized hands when not wearing GBP)

At the end of the day there is going to be one complaint about being too skinny in one mode, and too chunky for another mode. It's really a tug of war over whose mode is more important. For me i can live with a robot that is skinny but with good articulation. (double joint in the elbow, knees like the recent vf0, shoulder pads like the ball-jointed banpresto etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Graham is limited in the amount of information he can give us because of the scandal a couple of years ago with she who must not be named. We are lucky that he can even say as much as he has. That said, I would love to have an idea of a release date. LOL

Edited by Knight26

I'll leave the debate over the flaws of the CAD drawings vs. official lineart to you experts.

I am just going to be happy when I get my hands on it the day it is released to the public for sale. That is to say with or without detachable nose gears/wings, I really don't care. I trust Yamato's design team enough to make the necessary changes, corrections, sacrifice to make it as 'perfect' as possible in either 3 modes. I believe Graham had seen the prototype in the flesh already and he had been letting out details as much as he could in subtle ways without breaking confidential agreements they imposed upon him. :) Therefore, I am going to trust Graham on this one and just be happy with it.

Everyone knows there is no such thing as 'perfection' in making a transformable toy of such complexity like the YF-19. The 1/72 scale IMHO was marginally alright. I like it Fighter mode but none of the other. This new 1/60 scale will definitely be THE shiznit Excalibur that we've been waiting for.

I will love it as it is as it will be a splendid toy, nothing more. :D

By next year, I hope they will reuse the molds and make the VF-19F/S Blazer and the VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie. It's not that hard to make IMO.

I guess this means we'll start seeing a lot more 1/72 YF-19's popping up on E-Bay.

410095[/snapback]

Heh, that's why I just sold my last mint in box 1/72 YF-19 on ebay. :lol:

Graham

410097[/snapback]

Insider trading!!!

You naughty boy!

Guys! Watch Graham's account on ebay! When he starts selling his MIB 1/72 YF-21 and other stuff, we'll know what to expect!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Don't judge the looks of the new 19 just on those CAD drawings. She's a much prettier girl in the fleash, as it were.

Graham

410827[/snapback]

I knew it, i knew it, i knew it. as i suspected your discriptions were too detailed to be just from cad drawings. :lol:

but dont get in trouble with yamato on our account.

Edited by buddhafabio

Thanks for the information Graham. I always wondered where that picture came from. I agree the proportions are somewhat askew, but it does help give a rough idea how it would compare. The Kawamori lineart is also a little "magic-filled" itself, but obviously more accurate.

Regardless, this new YF-19 by Yamato looks fantastic. It may lack the accuracy of a custom built model, but like the VF-1 and VF-0 1/48 and 1/60, it's a fine product that I'll be happy to own.

If there were a new movie in the works wouldnt there be a flood of items after the feature was released? I'm just wondering about the pace thats been set this past year.

Can it be maintained?

Can we the average consumer keep up?

Will there be enemy mecha down the road and what scale?

Will i need to take a 2nd mortgage to cover the cost of all the great Valks coming up. :p

You know the more I look at these cad images the more little things bother me. Don't get me wrong, the thing looks great, Yamato has my money and they deserve major props for breathing life back into Mac +, but hey, it wouldn't be macross world if we didn't voice our fan boy observations. My list of changes if I could make them. (in no particular order)

1. Bigger gun pod

2. longer wings and bigger rear vertical fins

3. Narrower pelvis so leg aren't so far apart

4. shoulders angled up

5. wings mounted on hips instead of on thighs

1-60_yf-19_cad.jpg

410846[/snapback]

Tho Im 100% satisfied with what Yamato have so far, Id be 150% even more satisfied if they can adjust the design with what Crazu Canuck susggested....daymn that looks so much better eventho the current design is good enuff...why didnt they just do it in 1/48 scale? before anyone else jumps in and say "you know how big 1/48 YF-19 is?", Yes, I do know how big they are and I absolutely dont mind bigger scale valks with bigger boxes...and bigger guns, bigger pilots, bigger this bigger that.........I want big toyss :rolleyes:

Edited by aaajin

I cant wait to put this along my VFOS :)

Graham are you able to say if this is a Limited Production?

Will there plenty to go around?

Hi Graham,

In honor of good business, next time you get a chance to talk to the fine folks at Yamato, can you tell them "Domo Arigato Gozaimasu!" ("thank you very much" for those who aren't fluent in Japanese) for the 1/60 YF-19 from one Macross fan living in the U.S. Truly, tears and excitement has filled my heart...

:lol:

Edited by AlphaOne

You know the more I look at these cad images the more little things bother me. Don't get me wrong, the thing looks great, Yamato has my money and they deserve major props for breathing life back into Mac +, but hey, it wouldn't be macross world if we didn't voice our fan boy observations. My list of changes if I could make them. (in no particular order)

1. Bigger gun pod

4. shoulders angled up

1-60_yf-19_cad.jpg

410846[/snapback]

Tho Im 100% satisfied with what Yamato have so far, Id be 150% even more satisfied if they can adjust the design with what Crazu Canuck susggested....daymn that looks so much better eventho the current design is good enuff...why didnt they just do it in 1/48 scale? before anyone else jumps in and say "you know how big 1/48 YF-19 is?", Yes, I do know how big they are and I absolutely dont mind bigger scale valks with bigger boxes...and bigger guns, bigger pilots, bigger this bigger that.........I want big toyss :rolleyes:

410926[/snapback]

Hi all,

I agree with you on the 1/48 scale, heck, I even posted this much about the new 19.... Though after some thought I think that yamato wants the 1/48 scale to be excluded only to the vf-1, as it is yamato's prize winning valk to date in terms of anime accuracy..... Though I could be wrong.....

1. Bigger gun pod

4. shoulders angled up

1-60_yf-19_cad.jpg

410846[/snapback]

410926[/snapback]

Hi all,

I agree with you on the 1/48 scale, heck, I even posted this much about the new 19.... Though after some thought I think that yamato wants the 1/48 scale to be excluded only to the vf-1, as it is yamato's prize winning valk to date in terms of anime accuracy..... Though I could be wrong.....

410945[/snapback]

Just keep in mind that this 1/60th 19 is gonna be close in size to a 1/48 VF-1. The 19 like the Zero is a bigger bird.

410938[/snapback]

i'm not graham but i'll venture a guess and say they'll be plenty of these to go around.

i think yamato has learned from their mistake when they released the 1A lowviz as a limited valk. just imagine how many more they could've sold if they didn't put 'limited version' on the box? d'oh! :blink:

Nah....its gonna be a mass release. If they'll release a limited version, they'll call it Low Viz YF-19 or something and ppl will snap it up. I'd say that LIMITED Editions are more like "sure sells" and would be a good thing for traders and Yamato, even if they don't make the sale from the 2ndary market.

410938[/snapback]

i'm not graham but i'll venture a guess and say they'll be plenty of these to go around.

i think yamato has learned from their mistake when they released the 1A lowviz as a limited valk. just imagine how many more they could've sold if they didn't put 'limited version' on the box? d'oh! :blink:

410951[/snapback]

I wonder if the "popularity" of the low visibility VF-1A is due to the product itself or the limited numbers. Maybe Yamato should make some more just to see. :D

410938[/snapback]

410951[/snapback]

I wonder if the "popularity" of the low visibility VF-1A is due to the product itself or the limited numbers. Maybe Yamato should make some more just to see. :D

410955[/snapback]

after shelling out 400+ for a low viz, and if yamato re-released it, I think I'd have to kill some one.

410938[/snapback]

410951[/snapback]

410955[/snapback]

after shelling out 400+ for a low viz, and if yamato re-released it, I think I'd have to kill some one.

410956[/snapback]

I overspent on a low-vis myself (not as much as you did :D ) but still overspent. Lots of beer and ebay = bad. Anyway, I really wouldn't mind if there were more released so more people could have them.

Edited by Wicked Ace

410938[/snapback]

410951[/snapback]

410955[/snapback]

410956[/snapback]

I overspent on a low-vis myself (not as much as you did :D ) but still overspent. Lots of beer and ebay = bad. Anyway, I really wouldn't mind if there were more released so more people could have them.

410957[/snapback]

No... I want low viz's to remain small in number so the value goes up so I can sell it in ten and buy that island i've always wanted. B))

i don't think the LV is really 'popular' but its definitely one of the more sought after valks. not because of limited numbers, not because it was weathered and panel lined, but more because people just like what they don't/can't have.

IMHO, if the LV wasn't limited, it would've sold just as poorly if not worse than the 1A max. it took forever for vendors to clear out their stock of LV's, no lie. even vendors like soze had cases upon case he couldn't get rid of at $155 a pop(don't you wish you could get that price now).

only when someone on ebay had to have every LV that got listed for a month straight did the demand go up. sadly, he(probably suffering from auction fever)single handedly created a frenzy in the collectors market in doing so. people here and around the globe saw how much someone was willing to pay for a LV so came the secondary market prices. but before then, the LV was last on anyones wish list.

I am glad Yamato is going to do the YF-19 in 1/60 scale. But....the toy has already been done by Bandai. It was far from perfect but fine for me.

I would like Yamato to do give us something new and exciting like the VF-5000 or the VF-4 lightning. If they did something radical like the VA-3 invader I would pass out with joy. Of the VF-17 Nightmare or the YF-19 I would have preferred that they redo the VF-17. If they did a VF-17 nightmare that the plane mode was dark blue or black and looked excaclty like the stealth fighter that would be awesome! Don't get me wrong, I 'm glad they are doing the YF-19. I am just interested in something that has not already been done as a toy.

feh... bandai's version of the vf-19 was clearly a toy designed cheaply, made cheaply and marketed as such.. more of a deluxe transformer than a high end collectors toy such as the ones Yamato makes. This thing is going to rule, finally a lovely toy fitting the design of the YF-19!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:p

feh... bandai's version of the vf-19 was clearly a toy designed cheaply, made cheaply and marketed as such.. more of a deluxe transformer than a high end collectors toy such as the ones Yamato makes. This thing is going to rule, finally a lovely toy fitting the design of the YF-19!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:p

410979[/snapback]

Unfortunately the price wasn't cheap even when its 1st released. It sold for about the same price as a 1/60 then. >_<

The LV wasn't really sought after either. I remembered it being in the shops for quite some months before i lost sight of it. Only reason i didn't get it was cause i was still studying then and had no cash. :(

it only shot up after quite some time in the primary market.

God don't remind me about the price of the old Bandai 1/65 M7 valkyries. I got my Fire Valkyrie because I was desperate for a 19 model valkyrie, and I couldnt find the 19S anywhere. I wound up regretting getting it because it was so damned chunky, ugly, and cheap (well cheaply made and designed). :p

Regarding the 1/60 YF-19, I was looking at some CAD drawings of the vf-0s, and there were improvements between the CAD and the final product. Don't you think that the same would be evident with the YF-19 as well? Not to mention, I'm sure Graham would've voiced his opinion/criticism to Yamato if he felt something wasn't looking right. (Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it's getting me through this nail-biting period of time.) :D

I wound up regretting getting it because it was so damned chunky, ugly, and cheap (well cheaply made and designed).

Not to mention that there was a gaping chunk cut right off the inside of the calf.

The one thing that was good was how the top half of the chest locked into place that wasn't in the 1/72 19.

Maybe what will happen is that they will stop at about the vf11 with FP, and choose not to do a yf19 with fast pack release. And then we got to wait 5 years again and then yamato does a yf19 in 1/48 scale?

(each generation gets bigger and bigger :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker