The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

OK guys here's the deal. Get me a night of wild sex with either Jessica Alba, or the chick who plays Boomer in the new BSG and I'll spill the beans on the next couple of years of releases.   

Graham

Righto, i'll see what i can do.... it is of course, in the name of Macross!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

OK guys here's the deal.  Get me a night of wild sex with either Jessica Alba, or the chick who plays Boomer in the new BSG and I'll spill the beans on the next couple of years of releases.  :p  :p  :p  :p

Graham

410389[/snapback]

I don't know if I can arrange that for you, but I will agree that those two ladies are sizzlin' hot! :DB))

Comparing the proportions of the upcoming 1/60 scale YF-19 with the Hasegawa 1/72 YF-19 model kit based only on the few CAD drawings so far published is I feel a little unfair.

While the Hasegawa is a nicely detailed kit, and looks great when veiwed from the top, I've always felt it is far too skinny when viewed from the side, especially the leg area, when compared with the official side view lineart published in the TIAS M+ book.

Graham

OK guys here's the deal.  Get me a night of wild sex with either Jessica Alba, or the chick who plays Boomer in the new BSG and I'll spill the beans on the next couple of years of releases.  :p  :p  :p  :p

Graham

410389[/snapback]

All in favour of torture instead say "aye".

:p

Graham

410389[/snapback]

you really like clones or robots that much?

Ya' got find me and catch me first.

Not too difficult though in theory as there's 2 members here who've been to my house.

Although, sometimes it's not a good idea to mess with people who sell guns, ammo and body armor for a living though...Mwhahahahahaha!

Graham

Graham

410389[/snapback]

410399[/snapback]

Toasters, is I believe the correct term. :lol:

Graham

Ya' got find me and catch me first.

Not too difficult though in theory as there's 2 members here who've been to my house.

Although, sometimes it's not a good idea to mess with people who sell guns, ammo and body armor for a living though...Mwhahahahahaha!

Graham

410400[/snapback]

Living out your "Lord Of War" persona as Nick Cage? :p

Graham

410389[/snapback]

410399[/snapback]

Toasters, is I believe the correct term. :lol:

Graham

410401[/snapback]

Good to see another BSG fan among us. :)

Can't wait until October for season 3!

Comparing the proportions of the upcoming 1/60 scale YF-19 with the Hasegawa 1/72 YF-19 model kit based only on the few CAD drawings so far published is I feel a little unfair.

While the Hasegawa is a nicely detailed kit, and looks great when veiwed from the top, I've always felt it is far too skinny when viewed from the side, especially the leg area, when compared with the official side view lineart published in the TIAS M+ book.

Graham

410395[/snapback]

The leg area looks fine to me, but the belly below the cockpit area looks abit fat. Anyway of lengthening the wing span?

Btw will there be other schemes or repaints for this bird given YF-19A is one of the possibilities. Any add on like Fps, missiles or Fold booster?

What would i really like to see after the YF19 are the YF21, VF11..and hell yeah a VF-17 ! :):D

The leg area looks fine to me, but the belly below the cockpit area looks abit fat. Anyway of lengthening the wing span?

Funny that's exactly what I was thinking to make the fighter mode awsome. That under-cockpit gullet may be necessary to house tranformation bits AND retractable landing gear. How did the SHE kit manage to keep the forward fuselage so thin (removeable landing gear?). I think making the wingspan bigger would be the easient thing to do to improve the fighter looks.

From the Toys section:

halfto_fit_left.jpg

halfto_fit_top.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

The SHE YF-19 had no front or rear landing gear. It's groin peice also folded incorrectly in fighter mode as does that on the 1/72 Yamato. (it's correct on the 1/60 tho).

The SHE YF-19 also had no locking and was a floppy mess, unless all the small screws were tightened all the way, which wears out the resin quickly.

Graham

While I can't talk about specific features of this toy, I can go over the CAD lineart drawing and point out improvements that we can obviously see on the lineart, compared to the 1/72 version, which no one seems to have done yet:-

• The canopy is now the correct shape. The canopy on the 1/72 was completely wrong, by having a curved lower edge instead of a stepped angled edge. The curve of the top edge of the canopy viewed from the side was also completely wrong on the 1/72.
  • The nose-mounted Hybrid sensors now appear to be correctly shaped. Again on the 1/72, they were completely the wrong shape.
  • Gone are the large ugly screws and screw sockets on the wings, that the 1/72 has.
  • The gunpod is now visible from the front of the fighter mode. On the 1/72 it was blocked by the groin peice.
  • The rear landing gear doors now appear to have the correct 'sawtooth' edges, instead of just being plain rectangles on the 1/72. Heck, the 1/72 didn't even have any proper rear landing gear doors.
  • The 1/60 appears to have proper solid knees, rather than the orignal 1/72, which had really ugly exposed knee joints.
  • The 1/60 has proper chest tubes (guns?) on the underside of the chest. On the 1/72, this part lacked detail.
  • The 1/60 has shoulder flaps, the 1/72 didn't.
  • The way the upper and lower feet are positioned in fighter mode is 100% anime accurate. On the 1/72 in fighter mode, the position of the back part of the foot was completely wrong.
  • The shoulders of the 1/60 in fighter mode sit much lower, making the plane more streamlined, compared to the 1/72, where the shoulders were too high up.
  • From the top view fighter CAD drawing, it appears the 1/60 has far fewer gaps around the shield head/neck area than the 1/72.
  • Looking at the CAD drawings, the 1/60 obviously has removable intake covers, which the 1/72 doesn't.

Graham

[*]The 1/60 has proper chest tubes (guns?) on the underside of the chest. On the 1/72, this part lacked detail.

410457[/snapback]

It was proven here some time back that those parts are in fact the lameness emitters, at least when equipped on the fire valk :p

Seriously, nice news though. :)

[*]The 1/60 has proper chest tubes (guns?) on the underside of the chest. On the 1/72, this part lacked detail.

410457[/snapback]

It was proven here some time back that those parts are in fact the lameness emitters, at least when equipped on the fire valk :p

410462[/snapback]

VF-19Kai/F/S/P don't even feature those tubes. Only the YF-19 & VF-19A do.

Graham

The gunpod is now visible from the front of the fighter mode. On the 1/72 it was blocked by the groin peice.

I hated that about the crotch piece. I try to not look at the lineart and just say: "I'm grateful I have it since there is nothing else out"

I won't feel bad selling the 1/72 version if it means a better one is out.

Also when you turn the robot upside down there doesn't seem to be anything locking the upper chest with the rest of the body. Massive floppiness there. (even the bandai clicked in together neatly)

I just hope they manage to strike a nice balance so we get a decent robot mode too. I'm not a big fan of the big pointy boob. In the lineart it looks like it is squashed in really deep so it doesn't look as noticable.

Oh well at least the 1/72 has a nice heavy feel to it to please the diecast people, unlike the vf11 1/72...

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Tkls for the detailed description graham.

What i would love to see, optics/mechanics behind the visor of the head piece. And of cos tempo printed markings on it as that of the VF0S, no need for stickers.

Hopefully yamato does take the hint and lengthen the wings abit

Am i asking too much? :lol::p

Edited by recon

Ok Graham, I know you can't say anything about the prospects of a 1/60 YF-21, (even though it seems like a no brainer) but can you at least confirm if Yamato knows of the D"StancE YF-21, or if they have a copy? I have been dreaming of a toy version as good as the masterpiece that is the D"StancE and am thrilled that it may come true.

Oh and the YF-19 looks good. Although I must say I'm not really thrilled with how wide the hips are or the tiny gunpod. But I always find the CAD drawings a let down anyway. Too sterile or something. Luckily the actual toy always looks much better, so I have high hopes for the 19.

P.S. just incase anyone doesn't know what the D"StancE YF-21 is, check out the link

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

Edited by Crazy Canuck II

[*]The 1/60 appears to have proper solid knees, rather than the orignal 1/72, which had really ugly exposed knee joints.

Graham

410457[/snapback]

The real test of the looks of the YF-19 is the look of the legs while in GERWALK Mode.

410457[/snapback]

410462[/snapback]

No, no. Since the Kai is lacking these, it makes them "Lameness Suppressors"

This is part of the "active stealth" suite that was removed due to bugetary concerns

after the the developement costs skyrocketed due the Sharon Apple Concert/Ghost

incident.

;)

Beam Sabers! Possibly before they were going to use the macross name, these little tubes would be concealed emergency weapon to kill the pilot and take advantage of the element of surprise. :D Kinda of like the gadgets that were hidden inside r2d2's body in the star wars movies.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok Graham, I know you can't say anything about the prospects of a 1/60 YF-21, (even though it seems like a no brainer) but can you at least confirm if Yamato knows of the D"StancE YF-21, or if they have a copy? I have been dreaming of a toy version as good as the masterpiece that is the D"StancE and am thrilled that it may come true.

I'd much perfer this over the D stance.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-6.jpg

mg-may-page-6.jpg

Edited by Briareos

I want a 1/60 19a ... with f/p :p

1/48 someday...

410498[/snapback]

A'ite MW'ers get yer hands up and repeat after me.

VF-4.

VF-4.

VF-4.

VF-4.

:D

I'd much perfer this over the D stance.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-6.jpg

mg-may-page-6.jpg

410499[/snapback]

That particular model however is not very accurate in fighter mode as the feet hangout the end if I remember correctly. Still that model and D stance show that awesome looking perfect transformation YF-21s are possible