Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

Well, HFH-approved or not, here's the paint guide for the Hase -0A Shin. It's too bad, Yamato could have easily pulled this off by molding the legs, arms, head, and lower fuselage bits in a lighter gray. The lighter gray on the bottom adds a touch of realism, but may not translate as well to battroid.

Instructions7_0A_Shin.jpgInstructions8_0A_Shin.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

You're forgetting the charactaristic white line across the airbrake on the back. I don't think Kawamori would that one slip by. That line is why I'm hoping for a Shin blue VF-0D. Without it there would be a whole lot of surface in one color.

edit: spelling

Edited by Dante74

Holy crap, I'm a doofus. I just looked at the promo shots, and the legs, arms and head ARE molded a lighter color than the top. That does indeed rock... but that makes the Yamato even less like the CF and more like the Shin anime version.

EDIT - after seeing new pics from Hobby shows, looks like all the plastic is molded in the same gray, and the nosecone, wing/tailfin edges and part of the head are the only part painted light gray.

Edited by ghostryder

Well, I guess the only thing that is Shin Kudo is the Blue VF-0D.

425285[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if the HFH demanded that the VF-0D should be gray as well. <_<

That would be really bad, cause I think a VF-0D would suck in gray.

425313[/snapback]

I have my Hasegawa VF-0D painted in grey and far prefer it to Shin's blue color.

Graham

Holy crap, I'm a doofus. I just looked at the promo shots, and the legs, arms and head ARE molded a lighter color than the top. That does indeed rock... but that makes the Yamato even less like the CF and more like the Shin anime version.

425342[/snapback]

It's still not exactly Shin's version.

1) The Yamato 0A has dark stripes on the wings, Shin's 0A doesn't according to Hasegawa and the anime.

2) Shin's 0A has a white chest stripe, the Yamato doesn't.

3) The area around the sub-air intakes is white on the Yamato 0A chest plate, but not on Shin's anime/Hasegawa 0A.

There are other differences as well.

Graham

425342[/snapback]

It's still not exactly Shin's version.

1) The Yamato 0A has dark stripes on the wings, Shin's 0A doesn't according to Hasegawa and the anime.

2) Shin's 0A has a white chest stripe, the Yamato doesn't.

3) The area around the sub-air intakes is white on the Yamato 0A chest plate, but not on Shin's anime/Hasegawa 0A.

There are other differences as well.

Graham

426064[/snapback]

Yes, I an aware of these and other differences. I was just thinking if Yamato were to only release one 0A type and someone wanted an anime-accurate 0A toy, it would be easier to convert this to a Shin type than a true CF type.

Edited by ghostryder

I'd tend to agree with that, and that's what I'm hoping for. You never know what Yamato will or will not do (esp. if HFH laid down the law). I mean who would have expected Angel Birds before TV Max -1A? They can also do a bunch of non-canon variants like the LVII and Stealth to milk the mold.

Actually, I always thought that Yamato should release a Cannon Fodder VF-0A first and then save the Shin VF-0A until the Ghost Booster is ready and then release it as a set. That's the way I'd do it if I was in charge of marketing.

Graham

Actually, I always thought that Yamato should release a Cannon Fodder VF-0A first and then save the Shin VF-0A until the Ghost Booster is ready and then release it as a set.

426681[/snapback]

Coming from you, that carries some weight to it: Do we know that they're making a Ghost? Well, I guess you probably know ... I should say, was it confirmed that it's in the pipeline and I just missed it, or is this just innocent speculation on your part?

If the way they marketed the 1/48 is any indication, I think it's pretty much a given you'll see every canon scheme made in due time, provided they continue moving units ... and provided HFH doesn't nix it (like the questionable changes to the CF scheme seen here). There wasn't really all that much variety in color schemes, and since making a mold like that is such an investment ... I'm sure they'll do everything they can to make the most out of it.

Actually, I always thought that Yamato should release a Cannon Fodder VF-0A first and then save the Shin VF-0A until the Ghost Booster is ready and then release it as a set. That's the way I'd do it if I was in charge of marketing.

Graham

426681[/snapback]

So what your saying/hinting at is, yes, Yamato will eventually make a Shin version, right?!?!

:p

Remembered that there was the mention of ghost boosters being done for the 1/60 VF-0, was there any prototype pics being shown in wodnerfestival or charachobby? Tks

426826[/snapback]

There was at Wonderfest. No pics from me though. It connects to the removable bumps that reveals the holes. I couldn't see any thing that holds the ghost to the back of the fighter mode. It looks kinda small with almost no accesories so I'm hoping it would be cheaper than a VF-1 fastpack set when it gets released.

Graham

426681[/snapback]

:ph34r: Or if you were trying to tell us something wihtout tellingus something. :ph34r: