Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

from Graham's post, it seems that there's no indication that the 0A has a locking mechanism for the feet.

It would be nice to have one..but well, prolly it just costs them too much to remodel the molds..

I need to sit down and do a side by side comparison of the VF-0A & VF-0S later tonight, but just from my short time with the VF-0A, get the impression that the feet are somewhat stiffer.

Graham

I get this last night, comfirm that there really have locking mechanism for the feet , really nice~! :D

Darn. So all the VF-0A's will be a little taller than the first edition VF-0S' in Battroid Mode.

Hayao is correct: -

1) Yes, the biceps do have a new screw added.

2) Yes, the feet do now have a locking mechanism.

3) Yes, the two folding covers that sit around the front of the head in fighter mode have been resculpted, so they fit closer to the head.

The VF-0A is a very good toy.

Lets hope the VF-0S gets a reissue with all these improvements.

Added stickers to mine and it looks great. I chose the bunnies for the tail fins. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it even seems the quality of the Yamato stickers is getting better, with little to no border.

And I really love the color scheme the more I look at it.

Graham

Hayao is correct: -

1) Yes, the biceps do have a new screw added.

2) Yes, the feet do now have a locking mechanism.

3) Yes, the two folding covers that sit around the front of the head in fighter mode have been resculpted, so they fit closer to the head.

The VF-0A is a very good toy.

Lets hope the VF-0S gets a reissue with all these improvements.

Added stickers to mine and it looks great. I chose the bunnies for the tail fins. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it even seems the quality of the Yamato stickers is getting better, with little to no border.

And I really love the color scheme the more I look at it.

Graham

Great to hear lots of improvements and hope to get another reissue VF0S. Got my VF0A and loving it. Just haven't put up the stickers yet. do put up some photos for us on the review later on. Love to see them. Thanks.

Tks for the pics hayao. Are those decals/stickers from the sticker sheet that yamato supplied or custom ones from takatoy or anasazi37? 15 hours thats really pure dedication and devotion, but its worth it once the plane is done up.

Cheers

Tks for the pics hayao. Are those decals/stickers from the sticker sheet that yamato supplied or custom ones from takatoy or anasazi37? 15 hours thats really pure dedication and devotion, but its worth it once the plane is done up.

Cheers

most of it is original sticker form yamato, but I found some decal not provide by yamato, I don't know why

yamato not put it in the VF-0 series... SO , I apply some takatoy sticker .

and the VF-0A sticker have larger fonts side compare with the VF-0S.

hmmmm is it my VF-0A alone that has loose shoulder joint ?

can't hold the gunpod in a upright position elevated...

and the chicken hands, still unable to have a very firm grip on the gunpod.u have to fiddle with the hands for sometime before u can get the optmium grip , while doing so , the gunpod will drop off.

Edited by Deimos

hmmmm is it my VF-0A alone that has loose shoulder joint ?

can't hold the gunpod in a upright position elevated...

and the chicken hands, still unable to have a very firm grip on the gunpod.u have to fiddle with the hands for sometime before u can get the optmium grip , while doing so , the gunpod will drop off.

u are not alone, my 0a also like ur's , but I Fix it by myself,

and the left hip ball joint also very loose, too bad :angry:

u are not alone, my 0a also like ur's , but I Fix it by myself,

and the left hip ball joint also very loose, too bad :angry:

looks like this area , the QC did not improved. especially hated the loose shoulder joint . this is similar to VF-0S if I remembered correctly

but anyhow hayao, yr VF-0A simply is awesome.the stickers and panel markings somehow negates the plastic appearance of the 0A :blink:

Hayao--how did you do the panel lines? Oil paint wash?

And did you do anything extra for the stickers---did you heat them to make them softer to conform better?

I using gundam weathering marker to do the panel lines, use water + cotton ball to wash it.

will make so weathering effect as u like during the process.:)

I just trim the sticker as tight as possible, havent heat them... is that mean if heat it can make them softer to

conform better? how to do this? I want to try~, thankyou very much if u can tell me ~ :)

yeah...

honestly I just wish they tampo printed all markings....

dont give a rats ass about what number I put on the wing... NOTHING compares to something printed on the valk...

make it bunny make skull, whatever, JUST PRINT IT ON!

I agree here. I hate the yamato stickers, they will peel off eventually and if there is a lot of them, it takes ages to put them on and line them up. (that doesn't even take into account the skill and patience of having to shave off the excess part of the sticker where the printed part is all you need and the blank space gets in the way or is too big to fit on the surface that it is supposed to stick onto.)

I think the 50% tampo markings one of one type, and 50% tampo markings for the other type is a good idea. As long as we get printed detail I'm happy.

I've been looking at all the pics of vf0a, the head looks really cool. I actually don't mind that this is the only 0A because I am a fan of grey CF. (the vf11 in mac+ for example) But if in future they decide to release ova accurate color I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder how this would look with the reactive armor on? After they finish with ghost booster I would hope they worked on that next.

I have never done it, but some people use a hair dryer or something to heat up the stickers after you put them on----they'll become soft and then you can press on them and they will go into panel lines, and fit corners and curves better.

I think heating the stickers wouldnt be a good idea as there is no telling what the heat might do to the plastic in the long run. Maybe an alternative solution is to try decal solutions like Microscale Micro Sol or Micro Set, not sure how well these work on regular thick film stickers. think i would rather wait for devin or erick to churn out some awesome alternatives.

Cheers

I used micro sol and set to decal up my vf-1S, cutting out each required decal... It's a pain in the ass by ANY means... and no matter how meticulous you are, unless you do a clear seal coat (another huge pain in the ass) over it, some eventually fall off...

Toys like gundam's zeonography come all tampo printed with markings (even tiny ones)... and honestly considering the cost of buying an aftermarket decal sheet, I'd rather pay that to yamato to bloody print all the markings on my valk.

If yamato wants to justify the rising prices of their valks, tampo printing and good panel lining would be a good way to make it seem like a better value... Look at Hayao's vf-0a. A WORLD of a difference as far as quality perception... If yamato starts doing this, it will bring the valks we purchase finally out of the TOY category and into pieces of ART.

Edited by Nani?!

I've never heard (nor would think they could) that Microsol etc could affect stickers.

Anyways---we're not talking about heating it until the plastic starts to warp---heck, rubbing the sticker rapidly with your finger will generate enough heat to soften them.

Nani---the problem with "mass production" panel lining is that it's always over-done. They don't seem to understand the concept of "subtle". Or it's simply too labor-intensive to do. If something is factory panel-lined, it comes with BLACK panel lines. Like this:

Or just look at early Yamatos----WAY too stark and thick.