Warning :1/60 Vf-0s

Hayao Kakizaki

I have mines as well. One tail fin tip was bent but I was able to fix it. The gun pod was hard to attach to the arms in fighter. The elbows and knees were loose. But I can deal with that. No where near MPC looseness. Overall I am happy with it.

So anyone managed to get the biceps open to nail polish them easily yet?  I thought someone said that they were glued together...

399282[/snapback]

Yup, they're very lightly glued (the white armor parts) just pry them open with a tiny flat head screw driver, then unscrew the screw underneath that to loosen the joint out.

You can add nail polish, a piece of rubber band or use what I used.. a thin piece of neoprene rubber. It has a spongey texture with enough rubber for friction. Just wedge it inside the joint then put the bicep back on. Make sure to squeeze the two halves together tightly while your putting the screw back in.

Next is to glue (Model glue) the bicep armor back on and VIOLA!! no more loose bicep. It worked for me. I hope it works for you. :D

Edited by holytoledo69

Well my VF-0S arrived much to my joy. I took it out of the package very excited that nothing was broken....Then I saw the head. Must have been somebody's smoke break at the Yamato QC line because I've got two right sided head lasers!

So now I'm hoping that someone else ended up with two left sided ones so we can trade.

Well my VF-0S arrived much to my joy. I took it out of the package very excited that nothing was broken....Then I saw the head. Must have been somebody\'s smoke break at the Yamato QC line because I\'ve got two right sided head lasers!

So now I\'m hoping that someone else ended up with two left sided ones so we can trade.

399863[/snapback]

Damn, that\'s messed up.

\"My spoon IS too BIG. I\'m a banana.\" Great avatar.

Would it be weird for a guy to go to the cosmetic secation at a department store and purchase a nail polish?

399945[/snapback]

That's why I use my grilfriends nail polish :lol:

I'd never buy it myself. And it's actually worse if you try to explain that you need it to tighten a toy!!

Would it be weird for a guy to go to the cosmetic secation at a department store and purchase a nail polish?

399945[/snapback]

I have no problem going to Wal-Mart to get my own. I have had to get stuff for the wife before so embarrassing feeling has been gone for a while. That reminds me, it almost time for another bottle. :lol:

399945[/snapback]

That's why I use my grilfriends nail polish :lol:

I'd never buy it myself. And it's actually worse if you try to explain that you need it to tighten a toy!!

399948[/snapback]

Its even worse when i had to ask my parents for KY Jelly yonks ago and i tried to explain to them i needed it to build my Evangelion model. (Slipping the plastic skeleton into the rubber suit is a bitch)

:lol:

Its even worse when i had to ask my parents for KY Jelly yonks ago and i tried to explain to them i needed it to build my Evangelion model. (Slipping the plastic skeleton into the rubber suit is a bitch)

:lol:

399956[/snapback]

Wahahahahha!!! KY dries sorta crusty. I found alcohol a good lubricant for putting soft vinyl/rubber "suits" on a plastic skeletons. E.g. Evangelion model kits, Dragonball figure kits etc.

I give you credit though. I wish I was there to see your parents' faces!!!

Just got mine from Neova yesterday (thanks, Tony!) and had a chance to quickly transform it.

First of all, no major QC issues – tail fin tips intact, correct shoulders, clean paint. The FASTpacks are awsome - easy, snug, and tight fit with the magnets. Battroid has no problem holding gun pod. The elbow swivel joints are just a bit looser than my Hikkie 1/48, but those darn thigh swivels are loose as a goose. Overall, everything doesn’t fit quite as well as the 1/48, but I see this more of a result of needing to compromise the amount of robust toy connections for detail and anime-accuracy.

Does the head just sit loose in battroid mode, or is there a way to “snap†it in? I did manage to get the fuselage top hatch to recess into the back of the body, but the groove in the hatch where it looks like the back of the neck plate supposed to rest in, doesn’t line up.

Edited by ghostryder

FYI - It is my understanding that since nailpolish contains acetone (as a thinner I guess), it is actually corrosive to the plastic.  Superglue is non-corrosive, permanent, and dries faster.  Just a heads up.

400136[/snapback]

The small amount of acetone does not have any deleterious effect on the plastic as the polish dries too fast for any serious exposure. You wouldn't want to soak the toy in the stuff, but as a component of nail polish it is quite safe.

Superglue, on the other hand, while non-corrosive, fast drying, and permanent, has one major drawback: it outgases like crazy and can leave a nasty residue on clear parts that is near impossible to remove without sanding and polishing; also, if you get even a slight amount of it on your finger while in contact with the plastic you will have a permanent fingerprint "texture" on your toy.

I'd rather go with a gasket where possible and nail polish for harder to access areas. But that is just my opinion.

PS.: Just got my VF-0S from TMP (those guys can package!), and a cursory look reveals that everything is copasetic with regards to QC issues... I can't say anything about floppiness/looseness yet as I haven't had a chance to transform and pose it yet.

399945[/snapback]

That's nothing. I manage a restaurant and one day I had a bunch of waitresses tell me that they "were leaking, and needed me to go out and buy tampons," the smooth-pearl-applicator-type, no less. At the checkout, the lady and anyone in sight did the raised eyebrow thing, to which I responded "I manage a Victoria's Secret, and we're having an emergency..."

Anyway, this nose antennae is really bothering me. I know I'm going to break it and it's crooked in addition to that, so I'm tempted just to hack it off...

Anyway, this nose antennae is really bothering me.  I know I'm going to break it and it's crooked in addition to that, so I'm tempted just to hack it off...

Its removable, so just keep it in a tiny ziploc bag to keep from losing this tiny piece when you don't need it. But I really wished Yamato would be considerate enough to make this antanna by PVC or any bendable material rather than hard plastic. All they need is to package it separately to avoid the gashapon disease. It really made this fragile toy seems even more fragile.

Anyway, this nose antennae is really bothering me.  I know I\'m going to break it and it\'s crooked in addition to that, so I\'m tempted just to hack it off...

Its removable, so just keep it in a tiny ziploc bag to keep from losing this tiny piece when you don\'t need it. But I really wished Yamato would be considerate enough to make this antanna by PVC or any bendable material rather than hard plastic. All they need is to package it separately to avoid the gashapon disease. It really made this fragile toy seems even more fragile.

400179[/snapback]

I think if it were made with PVC, overtime it will bend with gravity. Then people would complain about the warped antennea and wish it would have been made of hard plastic.

I think if it were made with PVC, overtime it will bend with gravity. Then people would complain about the warped antennea and wish it would have been made of hard plastic.

Think its possible to sag overtime, but not likely for something so small and light. Have a bunch of gundam figures, SIC, MaK kubricks all have PVC antanna of some sort. They hold up very well. The much longer & heavier MIA gundam beam sabers on the other hand sags pretty bad. :p

Anyway, this nose antennae is really bothering me.  I know I'm going to break it and it's crooked in addition to that, so I'm tempted just to hack it off...

Its removable, so just keep it in a tiny ziploc bag to keep from losing this tiny piece when you don't need it. But I really wished Yamato would be considerate enough to make this antanna by PVC or any bendable material rather than hard plastic. All they need is to package it separately to avoid the gashapon disease. It really made this fragile toy seems even more fragile.

400179[/snapback]

Yamato have told me they don't like using PVC in their high-end toys, because it warps too easily.

If the Zeros pitot tube was made of PVC it would definitely warp. Anyway, it's designed to be easily removable when you change to battroid mode. So far there have been no reported cases of the pitot tube breaking. If you don't like the pitot tube or worry about it breaking then just remove it from the toy.

And for the last time, the VF-0S is not fragile. I wish people would stop saying that. With the exception of the tail spikes, it's an extremely sturdy toy.

If anything, blame Kawamori-san for designing the Zero with all these stupid thin little spikes everywhere. Anyway, it's only in the box that some tail spikes get bent or snap off. Once you have the toy out of the box to play with and transform, the chances of bending the tail spikes are pretty minimal.

Graham

An unusual thing happened to mine. The pin that hols the 2 pieces of the leg swing-bar assembly fell out. I finally got it back in using some needle-nose vice grips. You have to shove it in there hard because there is a frayed end made to keep it in place. I forsee it falling out again in the future. If it does I'll replace it with a nail.

An unusual thing happened to mine.  The pin that hols the 2 pieces of the leg swing-bar assembly fell out.  I finally got it back in using some needle-nose vice grips.  You have to shove it in there hard because there is a frayed end made to keep it in place.  I forsee it falling out again in the future.  If it does I'll replace it with a nail.

400373[/snapback]

Haha :lol: . That happened to me too when transforming it the first time. Good that all those pieces were metal, so no stress mark or anything. And like you said, you can just push it back in and it should be fine.

VF-0S bites...Roourff!!

...be warned...THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS ARE SHARP!!!  I gouged myself once already during transformation.

400564[/snapback]

Thankfully, my tail fin spikes are fully intact.  However, be warned.

THOSE LITTLE BUGGERS ARE SHARP!!!  I gouged myself once already during transformation.

400564[/snapback]

LOL! The samething happened to me when I first transformed mine. I guess I should've listen to the warning on the front of the box...

I can't fix my gun pod on the arm! The fixing mechanism [the small hole on the rifle grip] seems to be too small for the arm fixing mechanism...... someone pls tell me what to do... =(

400602[/snapback]

Use a small, round, jeweler's file to enlarge the hole by a small amount. Use the file in a twisting motion into the existing hole and remove a bit of material, then test to see if it will just fit on the peg(s) while still maintaining a good interference fit (peg's diameter just slightly larger than the hole diameter). If it fits, stop; otherwise, repeat the filing and testing until you're happy with the results.

If you don't have a file, you can use a #11 blade to "carve" the hole larger, or you can use a drill bit.

Hope this proves helpful.

Edited by mechaninac