What's Your Most Prized Toy ? (macross Or Other)

Excillon

Well what is it ? If your home is on fire, and you can only grab one item before it burns to the ground, what do you save? For me it's my AFA 85 graded Transformers pre-rub Hound my mother bought me for Christmas 2 years ago.

My 1969 Dodge Charger. Sorry, Mom.

-Ok, if we're talking about "toy" toys, then I'd have to say my G.I. Joe Defiant. I was lucky enough to find one in really good shape, and this space shuttle complex thingy is so large and beautiful that it takes priority over everything else. Yeah, '48s are beautiful but they are replaceable. Even if you had the money, you'd have a hard time finding a G.I. Joe Defiant in worthy condition...

Edited by myk

haha, if I could only grab one item while the house was burning, I'd burn to death trying to pick one to take.

I'd probably go for my low viz as it's worth the most on a single toy basis. If I could cheat, I'd probably scoop my whole shelf of 16 Chogokin toys... or my 3 Gakken alphas and ride armor. or my lovingly painted PG kits. or...

AAAHHHHH BURNING!

haha, if I could only grab one item while the house was burning, I'd burn to death trying to pick one to take.

AAAHHHHH BURNING!

392597[/snapback]

my pets man... my pets. 7 cats, 4 turtles, lord knows how many fish. Plastic is replacable... even if I could never afford to replace it, it's still replacable.

toy wise... 90% of my toys are stored in one room which has a water spigot right outside of the window [i use it to refill my fish tanks :rolleyes: ]. With my 3" well I am pretty confident if a fire broke out I could save that room if not the entire house... provided I was home. Doesn't everybody have a fire-hose attachment to their wel connected to a butterfly valvel? :rolleyes:

well your fish would be OK, being in water and all.. hehe.

Actually kanata you have inspired me to do something to protect my toys. Maybe not a sprinkler system. More like I will just move the smoke detector into the toy room so it gets top priority.

AND I will keep a bucket of water in the corner of the room too.

well your fish would be OK, being in water and all.. hehe.

Actually kanata you have inspired me to do something to protect my toys. Maybe not a sprinkler system. More like I will just move the smoke detector into the toy room so it gets top priority.

AND I will keep a bucket of water in the corner of the room too.

392620[/snapback]

chemical fire extinguisher. water damages toys, powder can be blown off. An ANSOL system would be cool... if I was godzilla and could justify it.

as I think about it... as over insured as I am I should just let everything burn. :lol:

I am not going anywhere...the toys go, I go.... :blink:

But the one I will hugging until my death would be my new baby the Walking Minmay Doll (thanks Major Tom!! ^_^ ). Not my most expensive toy but definitely my longest chased holy grail.

My toy to save requires a back story. Keep in mind my youngest sibling is 11 years older than I am, so growing up I always heard of these really cool 12" G.I. Joes that had real hair and clothes and stuff. All I had were these crappy little 3" ones. I always heard that they were real expensive and probably still in my mom's house. So I used to search and search my house looking, well one day I found one. it was one of the most exciting days of my life. I had found an old G.I. Joe.

I still have it and treasure it more than any other toy I own. I don't consider it replacable even though it is just plastic since it has so much sentimental value attached to it. My second toy would be the Vehicle Voltron my wife bought me for my birthday last year. but that is anopther story.

No toys they can all burn., I am damn serious. Maybe a cel folder b/c all of them are one a kind and in many ways historical in an anime sense, but then even, probably not, even my most valuable items are merely things.... I'd much rather take specific photo albums (already packed ready to go) and the packed emergency backpacks just waiting to be used.

Aoshima Aliens Cheyenne Dropship, no contest :)

392754[/snapback]

I thought about that.. but I reckon they are so strong they would withstand any fire! Just a little repaint. Or keep it as a battle damaged version. I should be getting my APC any day now. B))

Everythings is still packed from moving so i'd grab my dogs and go. :)

edit :just remembered I do have Prime 2Oth Anniv on the shelf I'd garb that and the dogs.

Edited by Macross73

Is the Defiant bigger than the USS Flag? Or what is the biggest playset/vehicle?

My 1969 Dodge Charger.  Sorry, Mom.

-Ok, if we're talking about "toy" toys, then I'd have to say my G.I. Joe Defiant.  I was lucky enough to find one in really good shape, and this space shuttle complex thingy is so large and beautiful that it takes priority over everything else.  Yeah, '48s are beautiful but they are replaceable.  Even if you had the money, you'd have a hard time finding a G.I. Joe Defiant in worthy condition...

392593[/snapback]

The USS FLAGG is the largest of all the GI JOE playsets. The defiant is large, but not FLAGG large.

Is the Defiant bigger than the USS Flag? Or what is the biggest playset/vehicle?

-Ok, if we\'re talking about \"toy\" toys, then I\'d have to say my G.I. Joe Defiant.  I was lucky enough to find one in really good shape, and this space shuttle complex thingy is so large and beautiful that it takes priority over everything else.  Yeah, \'48s are beautiful but they are replaceable.  Even if you had the money, you\'d have a hard time finding a G.I. Joe Defiant in worthy condition...

392593[/snapback]

392796[/snapback]

As many toys that I have, and as much as I like them all, I don't think I would be thinking about ANY of my toys in that kind of situation.

My wife and my 1 year old son would be all that matters to me in that situation.

The toys can be replaced eventually.

No toys they can all burn., I am damn serious. Maybe a cel folder b/c all of them are one a kind and in many ways historical in an anime sense, but then even, probably not, even my most valuable items are merely things.... I'd much rather take specific photo albums (already packed ready to go) and the packed emergency backpacks just waiting to be used.

I would say a prayer for my toys and they would all go to valk heaven. I'm sure they would gladly sacrifice thier lives for the photos. :D

Toys hold no real sentimental value to me. Really even if it was rare and a prized possession due to some past experience you had as a kid you could easily get them back.

Most valuable thing:

1. life

2. memories

3. making sure there are smoke alarms next time

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

As many toys that I have, and as much as I like them all, I don\'t think I would be thinking about ANY of my toys in that kind of situation.

My wife and my 1 year old son would be all that matters to me in that situation.

The toys can be replaced eventually.

392837[/snapback]

We all know family is a very prized possesion, but let\'s try to stick to the topic. Okay? ;)

ok if all my photos were already somewhere else:

all my yamato valks. They are not rare or anything but they are my current fave toy. If I had a set of star wars stuff I would just let these burn since I am a macross fan more than anything.

But lets say the house was made of wood, and it was like really dangerous to go back in there in case something was going to collapse on top of you and it was so smokey you couldn't see sh!t:

I would just grab the low visibility vf1 since maybe it was a limited edition vf1. And its value might go up alot amongst proper collectors.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks for the intel Alex! By the way, do you happen to know the scale for the two? Also, how long is the USS Flagg from bow to stern?

The USS FLAGG is the largest of all the GI JOE playsets. The defiant is large, but not FLAGG large.

-Ok, if we\'re talking about \"toy\" toys, then I\'d have to say my G.I. Joe Defiant.  I was lucky enough to find one in really good shape, and this space shuttle complex thingy is so large and beautiful that it takes priority over everything else.  Yeah, \'48s are beautiful but they are replaceable.  Even if you had the money, you\'d have a hard time finding a G.I. Joe Defiant in worthy condition...

392593[/snapback]

392796[/snapback]

392824[/snapback]

My most prized things... hmm... well, my computer, my 1/48 VF-1J with custom painted GBP armor, my MPC Convoy, my God Fire Convoy, my two YF-19s, my PG GB-01FB, and my new 1/12 Scopedog which I just got today.

EDIT: And my G1 Metroplex with chrome thighs, rubber tires, almost all the parts, and no stickers applied... bnasically mint without box.

Edited by promethuem5

<_< Ewwww! Who the heck uses a MAC?? PC is where its at bro. Nah, im just kidding w/ you bro.

What brand and model are you looking to get?
My laptop & all my work in it! It will be replaced with a newer one hopefully by the end of May!

392881[/snapback]

392883[/snapback]

A MacBook Pro 17"

392894[/snapback]

I'm gonna ignore the whole fire aspect of this thread. I'm gonna stick to the "what's your most prized toy?"

Limiting to one is damn near impossible. My first BIG purchase was a perfect condition Taka SDF-1 though... I think that gives it a special significance to me.

Thanks for the intel Alex! By the way, do you happen to know the scale for the two? Also, how long is the USS Flagg from bow to stern?

Scale's an odd thing with 'Joe vehicles. Alot of guys say 1:18 for most of the vehicles, but if you look at their X-14 SkyStriker for example, the figures sit in a rather enlarged cockpit-something's not right.

As for the Flagg, it's over 7 feet long, but did you know that the entire superstructure is only a "cutaway?" I wanted a FLAGG for soooooo long, until a buddy of mine that has "2" of them told me that the set consists of only the flight deck, and then a "half" of a ship....

I passed on it and got the Defiant instead-the best $250 I ever spent...

Dang, 7 ft long.......This must be a child's dream!! Does it like float and have motors?

Scale's an odd thing with 'Joe vehicles. Alot of guys say 1:18 for most of the vehicles, but if you look at their X-14 SkyStriker for example, the figures sit in a rather enlarged cockpit-something's not right.

As for the Flagg, it's over 7 feet long, but did you know that the entire superstructure is only a "cutaway?" I wanted a FLAGG for soooooo long, until a buddy of mine that has "2" of them told me that the set consists of only the flight deck, and then a "half" of a ship....

I passed on it and got the Defiant instead-the best $250 I ever spent...

392944[/snapback]

Dang, 7 ft long.......This must be a child's dream!! Does it like float and have motors?

Here's all the info you'll ever want: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/85/ussflagg/

A pretty all-inclusive site, that one. Even has info on a PIMP-DADDY DESTRO!

As for the thread topic: I'd probably go with my old Snoopy, a toy rocket I had when I was a baby, or the Version 2 Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow I originally got back in the mid/late 80's. What can I say: the older stuff just has more personal, sentimental value for me.

Though considering all the money, time, and/or SEARCHING I put into my Macross and Star Wars collections, I'd be seriously pissed about losing them.