Snakes...

Ed.Coli

Ironically, I would pay just to see Sam Mother F'n Jackson taser a snake on a mother f'n plane. I heard he signed on just because of the title and wouldn't do it if they changed it.

Edited by Gaijin

I don't care how terrible this movie turns out to be, I'm going to see it in theaters and I'm going to own the DVD, simply because it has the best title I've ever heard in my entire life.

Plus, now I have a new saying, instead of "Sh*t happens...," or "Well, that's life," I can say "Snakes on a plane, man, snakes on a plane..."

And it will be awesome. :lol:

I remember when people thought that Jack Black talking about being in King Kong was a big Internet joke. Turns out it was honest publicity for the film (with a Jack Black spin on it). Maybe word of "Planes on a Snake" made it onto the Internet and everyone thought it was a hilarious joke... only to show up as an actual movie.

Ironically, I would pay just to see Sam Mother F'n Jackson taser a snake on a mother f'n plane.  I heard he signed on just because of the title and wouldn't do it if they changed it.

384023[/snapback]

Yeah.

It actually came up in an interview once.

"Beaks: One of those films that you’re working on right now is... well, it’s called Pacific Air 121—

Jackson: Snakes on a Plane, man!

Beaks: Exactly.

Jackson: We’re totally changing that back. That’s the only reason I took the job: I read the title.

Beaks: Snakes on a Plane! That’s everything!

Jackson: You either want to see that, or you don’t. "

And apparently one of the conditions he gave Lucas for playing Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy was he had to have a purple lightsaber.

He sounds like an... interesting guy to work with.

Hold on a second, they took an Internet joke and are turning it into a real movie?  :huh:

384030[/snapback]

Actually, the joke is based on the movie. They announced it, people made fun of it, they tried to change the title, Jackson verbally abused them into changing it back, and now the movie is scheduled for an August launch.

But what're they gonna do for the sequel? Snakes on a Train? Ferrets on a Bus? Guinea Pigs on a Boat? Gila Monsters on a Blimp? Endless possibilities!

I want to be there, opening night. With a huge bag of popcorn, some soft pretzels and cheese, and a big F'en bucket of soda. I want to bring a dozen or more friends, so we can all see this movie.

I want to be there, opening night. With a huge bag of popcorn, some soft pretzels and cheese, and a big F'en bucket of soda. I want to bring a dozen or more friends, so we can all see this movie.

384075[/snapback]

SPOLERS! THERE'S SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Don't be fooled by the stellar cast and pseudo big-budget trailer--this is B-movie cheese at its best! :lol: The fact that Samuel L. is in it is probably the only thing saving this flick from being relegated straight to the end of the rental rack at the video store....

Not at all surprising how larger studios are trying to cash in on the cult-status niche that is the B-movie.

*best Samuel L. voice* "Snakes mother fu--er, do you see them?!" Oh, you know they're gonna work the dialogue some way so he can bellow out a line like that in there somewhere...

Edited by reddsun1

Hold on a second, they took an Internet joke and are turning it into a real movie?  :huh:

384030[/snapback]

Mind filling us in an th I-joke?

384032[/snapback]

Heard of 4chan? Well, when they got whiff of this title, well, sky's the limit.

384030[/snapback]

384032[/snapback]

384111[/snapback]

MOAR? Sauce?

I LOLed, gtfo my internet.

(i just used the entire 4chan vocabulary)

384030[/snapback]

384032[/snapback]

384111[/snapback]

MOAR? Sauce?

I LOLed, gtfo my internet.

(i just used the entire 4chan vocabulary)

384114[/snapback]

desu ;)

384030[/snapback]

384032[/snapback]

384111[/snapback]

It hit a lot more than 4chan.

Here's everything you need to know about the Samuel L. Jackson movie Snakes on a Plane:

There are snakes on a plane.

Samuel L. Jackson is in the movie.

Samuel L. Jackson beats up snakes.

Samuel L. Jackson uses Mace on a snake.

There are snakes on a plane.

Samuel L. Jackson demanded that the producers not change the name of the film from Snakes on a Plane.

There are Snakes on a Plane.

Now, if that's not enough to get you psyched for this movie, nothing will.

Is Samuel L. gonna give a rousing speech in the middle of the movie and then get eaten by a muthaf***in' snake?  :D

384178[/snapback]

Boy that would be anti climatic to say the least... heh who would be left to stop the Snakes on the Plane!

Heard of 4chan?  Well, when they got whiff of this title, well, sky's the limit.

384111[/snapback]

I try to stay away from '/b' as far as possible

384264[/snapback]

I think we all do but just knowing that the most horrifying things reside there creates such an aluring desire to go. :ph34r:

See, now this is a great trailer. No cheesy voice over by that same guy who's hired to narrate everything, no pretentious editing leading the audience to believe they will die if they miss this film, and not every good scene in the film is shown to maximize the market.

It's snakes on a plane...with Sam Jackson...and it looks like a B-movie adventure done A-list style. You know exactly what to expect...and it looks fantastic :)

Gonna have to remember this one.