Snakes...

Ed.Coli

i think kittens on a plane would be an awesome sequel

384275[/snapback]

I have no idea why, but when I read that, I couldn't stop laughing... Must resist spending $3,000 of my bonus buying a Canon XL2, and spending a weekend with some buddys on a C130 overflowing with 75 thousand kittens, filming it... must resist... Donations anyone?

I dont get it. i mean why not just use poison gas or something?

Well whatever its a movie. Now kittens thats Danger have you

ever had a kitten scratch you ? That hurts. Or ever have one

get ready to take a nap on you? all that pawing at your chest ....ugh

the pain. I'm mean its adorable, what are you gonna do its a kitten. thier

cute on purpose. Now snakes though ...they've got a look that

says i'm dangerous and kitties they're subtle and sneaky. they'll

sucker you in and then scratch up your furniture.

Snakes on a plane . <_<

Boss...the plane ! the plane! :p

Edited by Macross73

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there, i am trying to drum up more people to go with me and they all say it looks stupid, and i have said that's the point. You watch it knowing it's going to be bad, but so bad it's good. And a friend from work had sam jackson call my phone, it was great, and i was crying cause it was so funny.

Exactly! The fact the movie looks terrible is the point. It's marketted as camp. Advertised as cheese. You know exactly what you're getting out of this film...Sam Jackson yelling obscenities about snakes on a plane. Personally, I adore the honesty and I can go into this film knowing it's cliched, silly, and hopefully a lot of fun :)

OPERATOR: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING????

Now I will know what I am doing Friday night.  I like how I have a free movie voucher.  SNAKES ON MY FREE ADMIN TICKET.

426067[/snapback]

Sure that will work? Most won't allow you to use voucher's until 2 weeks after it's been out.

I'm assembling my crew as we speak(type?) so I hope I don't look like a fool getting everyone together.

I somehow expected a bit more swearing though, Jackson's only real good line was well, ya know. But it basically delivers what you'd expect:

Snakes

People

Airplane

What more can you ask for.

LOL stupid chiwawa.

Edited by Spatula

Snakes on a Plane (2006)

Genre: Live Action Film – Action Horror

For a film titled Snakes on a Plane, it’s not likely one is to suffer any confusion over what the film will be about. In fact, this camp horror film starring Samuel L. Jackson sells itself so honestly, it’s hard not to appreciate for once a film being sold as the b-movie guilty pleasure that it is. While I appreciated the pre-release buzz thanks to a cult following (or precursor?) on the internet, SoaP as it’s lovingly abbreviated, is nothing more than a simple b-movie horror that delivers exactly that; good or bad.

Silly and contrived from the start, Snakes on a Plane makes no excuses as it throws the audience into the life of young Sean Jones (Nathan Philips) whose father is murdered by a mob boss. Having witnessed the slaying he’s on the run, pursued by the mob until rescued by FBI Agent Neville Flynn (Samuel L. Jackson). Flynn convinces Jones to fly to Los Angeles so he can testify against the mob boss. Just one problem; the mob is onto the plan and the passenger plane has been seeded with hundreds of snakes set to emerge in-flight. All hell is let loose with the snakes and it’s up to Agent Flynn to save himself, his witness, and the crew and passengers of Pacific Air Flight 121.

Knowing what you’re getting into as an audience counts for a lot in SoaP. The marketing has for once made it clear that this is b-movie material with silly characters, a silly story, and a silly monster(s). The film makes liberal use of CGI to create hundreds of snakes of all sizes and colors and makes every effort to use the critters as frightening instruments of destruction. The vast variety of ways in which the passengers are killed by the snakes is impressive. You have people foaming at the mouth from venom, snakes slithering all over every inch of the passengers, and snake bites upon every extremity you can imagine. For the fellas, let it be said you’ve been forewarned ïŠ

The movie is short and keeps rolling, never straying too far from the building of tension or a chilling snake attack. There are numerous scenes throughout the film that will have you jumping. The snakes are used in all sorts of tried-and-true scenes that startle the audience and we are of course treated to numerous action sequences of Sam Jackson killing snakes in a variety of ways. As long as one tries to enjoy the simple pleasures and avoids scrutinizing the plot, the ride should be fun. The film does make a few Romero-esque attempts at social commentary by briefly going into subjects like race or stereotyping, but doesn’t really give the audience much for it’s attention.

The down side of the honest marketing approach taken by SoaP is that it must live up to the camp classic that it needs to be. SoaP isn’t quite the b-movie champion it could have been. Many a fan of other modern camp classic films like Tremors or Ringu will find that SoaP doesn’t match up. It is standard b-movie fare, with the distinction of a large pre-release fandom based online and Sam Jackson spouting “mother******†in a sure to be laughed at scene in the third act. Those looking to SoaP as the next guilty pleasure in classic kitschy film fun will have to wait. Then again, maybe its moderate value is the point.

Rating: 3 out of 5. While not quite the b-movie cult classic it was supposed to be, SoaP delivers a campy, fun experience worthy of a cheap seat.

Edited by Mr March