More Details On Star Wars The Tv Series

The bit about the show "covering the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers." wasn't a direct quote from anybody, and is more than likely just the writer editorializing. Of course Luke's youth isn't interesting enough for a TV show! That's entirely the point of him wanting to leave home to find adventure. Until we hear otherwise from LFL, I'd put my money on something akin to the early years of the rebellion, or some such story.

you all have a point, i wonder how this is going to turn out, george had a hard enough time writing and plotting 3 new movies, for him to have to conceive 100 half a hour episodes (which is a tough feat for any show) sounds rather dishearting. this thing sounds like it is going to be expensive as hell to. george seems to like to use special effects alot, if this is a star wars show you can expect alot being used for it as well.

chris

Perhaps they are just talking about the time frame of the action in this new TV series, rather than the actual day-by-day childhood of Luke Skywalker himself. Either way, I'm not to fond of the idea of a Star Wars TV series. Last thing we need is Star Wars turning into a dull, lifeless saga that never ends, much like several other genre television shows.

Hopefully it isn't the early years of Luke's life, we don't need whining about how he wants to leave and where his dad is. I would like to see early years of the rebellion or a live action version of the clone wars.

As the sceptic that I'm towards Lucas' capability to do anything great after the original trilogy, I'm pretty sure this series won't be very good. It would be nice to be surprised though.

Oh, am I wrong but was there some talk about new SW animation series also?

Edit: ah, I should've read it in the first place. It was the clone wars animation.

Edited by Sdf-1

100 episodes of a bored luke;

Tonight on TattoineVille,

Aunt Beru: " Luke quit sulking you're scaring the Banthas! You know how the Sandpeople get when the Banthas cant produce milk. Go check on the generators and tell your uncle to get cleaned up for supper"

Luke: "Damn, i'm bored, nothing ever happens. I cant wait to leave for the Academy."

Watch next weeks episode when Luke says "Damn i'm really bored."

:lol: 100 episodes of the adventures of the Ewoks should be better. Or maybe a 100 episode series about a fast-aging ARC clone trooper and his dilemma of getting replaced by incompetent storm troopers. Or piss everyone off and show 100 episodes of what happened to senator Jar Jar. :lol::lol:

Quoted from that link above:

The Star Wars live action television show will consist of 100 hours ( or 100 1 hour each episodes )

The Star Wars live action television show will feature 3-D ( you'll need glasses )

The Star Wars live action television show will be based on secondary characters ( you will not see Darth Vader )

The Star Wars live action television show will take place between Episode 3 & 4

The Star Wars live action television show will be done at the pricepoint of 1 million dollars per episode

The Star Wars live action television show will start filming in 2008

The animated Star Wars television show will use 3-D animation ( similar to Pixar, Toy Story etc )

The animated Star Wars television show will be based on the Clone Wars series

The animated Star Wars television show is currently under production at both Skywalker Ranch and the new facility in Singapore

A spinoff character. Who u guys think it would be? Probably someone not important in the original triology. Hmmm.

I hope its Mara Jade. Hell even Kyle Katarn would be cool.

Edited by wolfx

My fear is that they end up with a numbers filed off version of Kyle Katarn.

"Look at me! I'm a merc fighting against the Empire I served for after they killed me parents!"

Half way through the series and after producers have gone on record stating that the character is not a Jedi...

"What do you mean that my father was secretly a Jedi... and that I'm a Jedi too. Thanks for his lightsaber!"

Dark Forces beardless non-Jedi Kyle Katarn = Cool

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight beyond beard wearing Kyle Katarn = Not cool

Edited by Cyclone

Guest Bromgrev

A spinoff character, but spun off from what? The original trilogy or the prequels? If there's one thing SW isn't short on, it's unimportant background characters. My money's on the mouse/bat/rhodent guy in the original Cantina scene. :mellow:

Hey you know what? I just remembered this when I was watching Indiana Jones on tape.

Anyone remember the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" that Lucas did back in the early 90's? Damn I can't remember what channel it was...but the show SUCKED......it was taking Indy's life from boyhood in his adventures with his family till he was 21 after WWI........and he was still alive in "present time" as a wheeled chaired old man with a freakin eye patch!

I remember watching it and thinking "Damn, this show goes against EVERYTHING spilberg did in Last Crusade......"

Thinking about it now, I spat on Lucas for dicking with such a good movie triology like Indiana Jones.

Now he's gonna dick up his own creation EVEN MORE.

Edited by Hikuro

I really enjoyed Droids and the Ewok cartoon as a kid.

A live action spin-off related to Star Wars? Right now I would just see it out of curiosity, I'm still “Star Wars hype†sick.

Lucas is just an old guy now who has lost the entire creative spirit that one gets one you are young and pressured and cynical.

Now he's only concerned with making films that his children can watch safely.

100 episodes of Luke growing up? Didn't Smallville JUST get to episode 100? That took them like 5-6 seasons!!!

This has probably already been posted, but its NOT about Luke's childhood. Luke is not in it. Chances are you won't see any of the bigger EU characters in it, either. They stray too far from canon to be included.

My guess would be fugitive Jedi on the run from the Empire and Bounty Hunters, but its really too early to say. That's just my guesstimate based upon what has been said so far.

Just to clarify for everyone:

THE STAR WARS TV SERIES IS NOT ABOUT LUKE SKYWALKER

To quote Rick McCallum, "It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It’s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off."

I'm sure Roy or another mod can go back and fix the thread sub-title before others come into it posting on it.

THE STAR WARS TV SERIES IS NOT ABOUT LUKE SKYWALKER

382495[/snapback]

Duke, do you honestly believe that the usual suspects are going to bother reading that, much less comprehending it? 2 to 1 odd that somewhere in the next few posts after mine there will be another "Luke's childhood? LOLOMGWTF Luca$....CGI Jar Jar Ewok, etc etc" post.

As for the few Bounty Hunters Rick mentions I think to "get the series started" Boba Fett would be a good way to attract viewers.

Seeing the actual Jedi Purge going on would be a plus.

The answer to the riddle of WTF happend to the Clone Troopers would be a blessing.

The darker setting Rick also said I think would be the near elegant look of the planets and cities of Ep 1-3 to the more tarnished look of the OT.

Somehow, I'd bet C3P0 and R2 will appear.

382506[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

They've had enough parts in the entirety (is that even a real word?) of the series...

maybe a few episodes on Thrawn????

or how about

Outbound Flight?

isn't Zahn writing a novel on that?

I think it's funny that everyone is hating on this already. Reminds me of when the new Galactica was announced. That show turned out great IMO.

Personally as a huge Star Wars fan, I'm really excited about this. Looks like other writers are going to play a big part in this which means better dialogue and character development and some new ideas. George is not going to be nearly as involved with this as he was with the movies. Besides, IMO the prequels got better as they went along so I'm not too worried even if George does play a big role.

This is NOT going to be the best TV show ever, but I think it's going to be a lot better than everyone thinks. At least I hope so. :D

While I have an interest in watching some decent background stories in the Star Wars universe isn't it a tad presumptuous of LFL that this show is going to go 100 episodes? They have no control over network TV let alone the networks themselves and if this show does not have and then keep a massive draw I think it will get yanked in favor of something else. About the only thing it would have going for it is that I'd assume LFL is bankrolling the whole thing which means the network airing it would most likely be splitting most of the ad revenues with LFL as the network will have no cost of creation overhead. That would be a big push towards the show staying on the air even with crap ratings... after all, what does the network have to lose? It that is the case then it sounds win-win for them. And you know Star Wars will be a massive first time draw... I bet the first episode draws American Idol level numbers. But after that if the show does not have a good hook to it then all the fairweather fans will stop watching, leaving only the diehards.