1/48 Gbp

izzyfcuk

I got that impression too. I was hoping they would do the alternate colors of the gbp from those model kit boxes.
But, I wish Yamato would release some 1:48 Valks that the fans really want...

The one with "Ben" in the list, don't you mean kakizaki?

I think it should be a thing where he is limited quantity (but not limited edition)

Nobody likes him.

379519[/snapback]

My bad, you are right...I keep thinking sometimes I am on a Robotech forum.

Kakizaki. He's okay. Not the best, not the worst character. Just a guy who dies in both the movie DRYL and the TV show. :( That's pretty hard core. I dont know if any of us will die twice. :unsure:

On topic...

I am excited for the new low vis 2. And the new armor for the toy. It has really grown on me...

Now, only if we can see an official picture...

That's when we will know if we are going to cringe, or dig even more money out of our dry wallets.

The Yamato site is still sticking with the army green and lime green.

Now, only if we can see an official picture...

380130[/snapback]

I always thought the GBP was more of a zero gravity thing.  If that were the case, there would be no use for a camo version.

I just can't invision some GBP crashing it's way through the jungle.

380214[/snapback]

Red camo for mars, grey for the moon where there is low-G

I always thought the GBP was more of a zero gravity thing. If that were the case, there would be no use for a camo version.

Check some earlier pages of this thread, apparently there's a scene in the 20th anniversary disk in wich a couple of GBP move through a jungle.

Edited by Dante74

I always thought the GBP was more of a zero gravity thing. If that were the case, there would be no use for a camo version.

Check some earlier pages of this thread, apparently there's a scene in the 20th anniversary disk in wich a couple of GBP move through a jungle.

380222[/snapback]

The valks hover in ground missions with the GBP, just like the Monster. ;)

Here's the scene.

post-1640-1142359427_thumb.jpg

post-1640-1142359441_thumb.jpg

post-1640-1142359462_thumb.jpg

post-1640-1142359472_thumb.jpg

Those shots are from the VFX-2 intro. I guess it's the way the backpack thrusters are placed. They look like they are used more for proplusion then any sort of hovering.

380247[/snapback]

Its all in the leg thrusters actually. In the video, the valks look like they were ice skating. The backpacks seemingly weren't used.

Apparently the GBP version 2 WILL BE LIMITED :blink: . ANyone correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes: .

380228[/snapback]

According to my source they will not be limited at this point, but will be a short run, so artificially limited unless there is enough demand for Yamato to do another run on them.

Edited by RT junkie

Apparently the GBP version 2 WILL BE LIMITED :blink: . ANyone correct me if I'm wrong :rolleyes: .

380228[/snapback]

According to my source they will not be limited at this point, but will be a short run, so artificially limited unless there is enough demand for Yamato to do another run on them.

380565[/snapback]

That is correct.

Graham

I suppose with the LE label, Yamato would burn its bridge if the product becomes a hit. Just guessing. <_<

why wouldn't they label these suckers "limited edition"?...everybody sucks on em rite?

381562[/snapback]

Yeah that's what I think.

Maybe by putting the "Low Vis II" title they can attract fans of the low vis but not necessarily collectors. Hoping that fans of unofficial low vis paintschemes or camo will keep buying more 1/48 valks once all the other official paintschemes have been milked to death. hehe :D

I think what happened with cannon fodder was that it was more because the brownies and 1A head is thought to be unpopular? So they had to make limited numbers of them for fear they would go unsold? (and then once demand for this would rise again they wouldn't be restricted from re-releasing more to meet the demand unlike what happened with low vis I )

In the short term they might lose out from collectors(attracted to LE releases), but by keeping options open for the future, it keeps the price to normal range for the masses, and allows more non-collector types who are fans, to jump on the bandwagon late once they saved up enough to be able to buy one in future.

It would be good if they release an angel birds scheme or one of the tv color mistake paintschemes. (using cannon fodder pattern but in max color like the customs that have been done. Customs run the risk of having the paint come off - I want molded color)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I am still waiting for the ThunderHammer version. Anyone else like that version better than the GBP v2? :)

383714[/snapback]

me like it too. I think its obvious that anyone would like that version more than the GBP ver2 which sucks...

383760[/snapback]

The Thunder hummer would require retooling, while a repaint.....just needs paint

thunderhummer.jpg

Some person here was doing a Thunder Hummer custom wasn't he? It was all at design phase though. Not sure if its still goin on.

Now looking at the thunder hummer, modding the current GDP into it will be quite a chore. The chest armour has to be completely changed as it hangs lower on the chest and the rib vents are not present.

I just realised this time round that the thunder hummer has a long crotch and looks nice with it....however wrong that may sound. XD

OMG, it really is named "Thunder Hummer" and not "Thunder Hammer"... I always thought a Thunder Hummer was something best experienced with Sunrise Adams. Anyway, after the "OMFG, that thing looks so cool" initial glance I've become less thrilled with the Thunder Hummer. It doesn't look like it does as good a job on the whole armor bit as a GBP and almost looks like a GBP prototype. Is there a link to some official Macross canon background info on this particular item?

Edited by jenius

Do you guys know what kind of color will have the missiles on the new low vis GBP, still white with red or you think probably green............. :unsure:

Do you guys know what kind of color will have the missiles on the new low vis GBP, still white with red or you think probably green............. :unsure:

384459[/snapback]

that's a mighty fine question. Seriously, I have not seen any pics of the missiles. MMM.

• 2 months later...
I am still waiting for the ThunderHammer version. Anyone else like that version better than the GBP v2? :)

383714[/snapback]

me like it too. I think its obvious that anyone would like that version more than the GBP ver2 which sucks...

383760[/snapback]

The Thunder hummer would require retooling, while a repaint.....just needs paint

thunderhummer.jpg

383768[/snapback]

True, but Yamato has to realize there is strong demand for this. If the GBP and this came out at the same time with or without the valk, I'd still get the ThunderHummer. :D