1/48 Gbp

izzyfcuk

ugh.... I don't like that. If it had more of the tan color, then I might consider. That lime green reminds me of that CMS series 1 special version figure.

ugh.... I don't like that. If it had more of the tan color, then I might consider. That lime green reminds me of that CMS series 1 special version figure.

376859[/snapback]

but you're still gonna buy it right? Because you know they prolly not rerelease this one.

I'm suprised they havent' made a custom strike pack, it's the only set they haven't done one of... actually that and the 'S' type head.

Hasn't anyone done a GBP custom yet?

I'd love to see a custom with some weathering and battledamage.

376828[/snapback]

Actually I 've done a 1/60 GBP and posted at the custom forum a while ago. But it seems that post has been out of the pages. I am reposting them again. ;)

post-3307-1141623043_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623060_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1141623072_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623084_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1141623099_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623112_thumb.jpg

377039[/snapback]

Right on! Nice take on making a custom CF GBP. You planning one for a 1/48 GBP?

Edited by Veritas

Combine Mowe's tan minus red armor with Dante's camo scheme...you have a winner IMO. :)

376792[/snapback]

Geez, you guys are hard to please. OK, here is the final version of the ultimate MW fan combo version of the Camo Low Vis GBP.

I also dig up this pic on my hard drive, can't remember where I downloaded it from, but this is what I call a low vis armour. Bty, Lordmasterprince, I fancy your cust too, one very yummy armour valk. B))

post-3608-1141649002_thumb.jpgpost-3608-1141649112_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I know so hard to please. But that GBP color would go real good w/ the Stealth!! :)

376828[/snapback]

Actually I 've done a 1/60 GBP and posted at the custom forum a while ago. But it seems that post has been out of the pages. I am reposting them again. ;)

post-3307-1141623043_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623060_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1141623072_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623084_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1141623099_thumb.jpgpost-3307-1141623112_thumb.jpg

377039[/snapback]

Right on! Nice take on making a custom CF GBP. You planning one for a 1/48 GBP?

377060[/snapback]

Geez, you guys are hard to please.  OK, here is the final version of the ultimate MW fan combo version of the Camo Low Vis GBP. 

post-3608-1141649002_thumb.jpg

377147[/snapback]

So, shall we send this picture to Yamato and tell them this is the GBP we want?

Edited by Dante74

376828[/snapback]

Yes!! Why didn't they do this scheme instead?

It fits the Low-Vis 2, it fits the CF, and it's even canon!

ARrrgh.

post-339-1141691924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sundown

Lets do it like they did it in the movie "Heat?"

Wow.  I looked at the pic, and didn't like it...read all teh posts, got to the end, looked at it again, and it really has grown on me. 

Damn it.  I am going to have to rob a bank soon.

377580[/snapback]

Wow.  I looked at the pic, and didn't like it...read all teh posts, got to the end, looked at it again, and it really has grown on me. 

377580[/snapback]

377607[/snapback]

I like the way they do it in 'Ronin'.

Seriously, the lime green GBP is just plain weird. Then again, who am I kidding? I am a completist. So...

376828[/snapback]

ARrrgh.

377344[/snapback]

Now this would have been a much better looking re-paint of the GBP. I totally agree with you guys, YAMATO should be releasing this instead of the puke green version!

376828[/snapback]

ARrrgh.

377344[/snapback]

Now this would have been a much better looking re-paint of the GBP. I totally agree with you guys, YAMATO should be releasing this instead of the puke green version!

377838[/snapback]

You guys shouldn't complain about the lime green, cause it looks like this.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacro...ussvalkyrie.htm

Consider it a homage if you will. :lol:

Probably not gonna happen, but if Yamato makes the Orguss armour, i'm getting it in a heartbeat. ;)

Oh, hell no bro! "Heat" hands-down yo.

377580[/snapback]

377607[/snapback]

Seriously, the lime green GBP is just plain weird. Then again, who am I kidding? I am a completist. So...

377802[/snapback]

Oh, hell no bro! "Heat" hands-down yo.

377580[/snapback]

377607[/snapback]

377802[/snapback]

378059[/snapback]

-- OFF TOPIC --

A "Heat" style heist was tried about a decade ago... both perps were shot dead by the LAPD (I think it was the LAPD) in the ensuing shoot-out, body armor and all.

I'd do it the way they did it in "Bandits": case the joint, follow the manager home, abduct him or her in a very polite and friendly fashion, use the manager to hit the bank before office hours, and get away before anyone is the wiser... much less messy that way. :p

-- BACK ON TOPIC --

Just as with the LV2 and Stealth, I think the GBP-2 is a lackluster effort at best, and agree that the "50's Aqua"/cyan bits are just horrid... white, or grey, or beige would've looked 100 times better. And I'm definitely of the opinion that a CF GBP in dark beige, red, and light grey, like Dante74's custom would have been a much more appealing choice, and canon to boot.

377580[/snapback]

377607[/snapback]

Good call. Or maybe the way they did it in Airheads. You can be Brandon Fraisher. I'll be Adam Sandler. I don't even remember who the third guy was. Damn I feel old....

I feel old, and I have to rob a bank.

Thanks alot, Yamato! :D

I do like the new armor.

But, I wish Yamato would release some 1:48 Valks that the fans really want...

1. 1A TV Max.

2. 1A TV Ben.

3. Elintseeker

4. Ostrich

5. VF-1D

6. Angels

7. 1S DYRL Max

That's just off the top of my head. Not to mention a 1:48...

8. YF-19

9. YF-21

10. VF-11

11. Lightening

12. VF-17D

13. VF-17S

And, and large scale SDF-1 would be awesome. Say, a 1:750. :p

Damn. I am A.D.D. off topic boy today.

Time to get out of here, Robert DeNiro style. More like the way he did it in Ronin than Heat...although, he was more hard core in Heat, he did buy the farm in that fillm. Either way, he doesn't get the chick...

and I really need to go.

SNAP!

Just had a thought. It seems to me that this low viz GBP is only gonna look good with a cannon fodder or the camo 1/48. A bright white valk will clash with the drab low viz paint scheme.

I got that impression too. I was hoping they would do the alternate colors of the gbp from those model kit boxes.

But, I wish Yamato would release some 1:48 Valks that the fans really want...

The one with "Ben" in the list, don't you mean kakizaki?

I think it should be a thing where he is limited quantity (but not limited edition)

Nobody likes him.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

OT for minute, but LVLurker - I love that avatar!

I'm not a big fan of the new LV2 or GBP-LV schemes, but the "Stealth" sure looks interesting. Too bad the GBP didn't come painted to match the 1J Stealth.

OT for minute, but LVLurker - I love that avatar!

Ah note the super hero pose and how the background has changed to suit what the mech is doing? Looks like it is powering up to do a "G gundam" type power move. :D

379776[/snapback]

:lol: that's funny. Why not use the final animation image? :p

It looks like the Low Vis ver. 2 Valk and GBP are going to be limited editions, so, don't everyone rush out and buy 'em :D .