1/48 Gbp

izzyfcuk

Holy Sh**! This is a real devious plot from Yamato. My wallet can’t handle this anymore…I think it is time to call my bank loan manager. This is sick.

Edited by Mowe

Man thats insane!

I cant believe all the stuff Yamato is coming out with..

Its definately cool, but if I get the lowvizV2, I dont think I would want to display it with the GPB2 armor on, since you would not be able to see the camo paint, which is what makes the LowvizV2 intersting to look at IMO.

I dont know though, a green version of that armor is very interesting.

DEfinately something to think about.

Damn,

I just wish this stuff was cheaper.. $100.00 for another armor set is not chump change..

$200 for the Stealth with strike Armor

$150 for the new low viz

$100 for low Viz armor

$$450!!!! :blink:

Edited by 1994cobra

hmmm... maybe if...

hmmm............

meh....

I dunno.....

whatever's dark blue is olive green, and whatever's white is now neon green (except the hands)...

Although I think it's great that yamato is making more stuff, the remakes just look like I dunno dare I say,... recolored bootleg remakes.

;)

I always thought of the GBP-1 as a space-optmized enhancement... where the extra mass of the armour wouldn't hamper battroid movement as it would under gravity. So, for me, a green GBP-1 doesn't thrill...

Remember when we thought the GBP was the Macross merchandise that Yamato would ever make?

LOL. Now WE'RE the ones that can't take all the new releases at once.

I always thought of the GBP-1 as a space-optmized enhancement... where the extra mass of the armour wouldn't hamper battroid movement as it would under gravity. So, for me, a green GBP-1 doesn't thrill...

376254[/snapback]

yep, exactly.... the 1/48 gbp in gravity would be a statue.

Although I understand the business side of things, these remakes just SCREAM "MILK IT, BABY!!"

If they're going to repaint stuff, I think they should either:

1) Hire one of MW's master custom painters.

2) stick to and be faithful to the original real world examples without putting their own little spin on it (judging by what they're coming up with so far, they dont seem to be too talented in the painting/color dept.)

3) Just stick to the anime and repaint the schemes that have yet to be painted... ie; the green q-rau, tv colors, etc....

Thumbs up for the effort though~

Could someone do some of us (me) a favor and head for Yamato HQ

...and kill 'em all :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I don't mind collecting 10 things that look the same except for their color

I don't mind the price if the design/craftsmanship is worth it

I do mind that a manufacturer thinks I work 3 jobs for a bloody childhood

hobby and/or got an infinite moneysack between my legs

1/60's were "managable" buying 2-3 a month since they were 1/3rd the price

This is idiocy!

...Friggin morons

Edited by Nightbat

Nani!? There is a scene on the 20th aniversary disk that shows a team of GBPs on a ground mission... pretty sweet clip.

And hmm.... the LV2 just became tolerable because now you can't see it.... but I think that if you replaced the aweful lime green with light grey, this would look fantastic on the LV2 or a CF.

I'm one of the few that actually kind of like the LV2, but that lime green is nasty. I think they would have been much better off doing a CF-tan GBP. It's canon, it goes with the CF, and it would work on the LV2.

Sigh. But that'd actually make too much sense.

Yamato's Macross toys have always been expensive because they don't make large quantities at a time.

With all the releases at one time, i would be hoping for prices to come down a bit.

Wishful thinking i guess.

I'll have to pass this time around, i have to draw the line somewhere.

Too many things at once, Yamato lower prices please!

376254[/snapback]

yep, exactly.... the 1/48 gbp in gravity would be a statue.

376265[/snapback]

Well remember everyone that gravity is relative. The moon has gravity on it but the force it subjects objects to is a lot less than Earths. I suppose it's entirely possible that there's another planet out there with a weaker graviational pull yet has trees.

I don't know it looks pretty good on the LV. 2 but other than that i think this GBP repaint is a one trick pony. I'm might not be completing my collection of every 1/48 Valk and Accessory there is after all.

Well remember everyone that gravity is relative.  The moon has gravity on it but the force it subjects objects to is a lot less than Earths.  I suppose it's entirely possible that there's another planet out there with a weaker graviational pull yet has trees.

376298[/snapback]

The question is, what type of trees could survive the thin atmosphere and radiation of a planet that has such a weak gravity.

Wait, didn't the VF-0 have some form of armor? I forgot if it was stationary or managed to hover.

Well remember everyone that gravity is relative.  The moon has gravity on it but the force it subjects objects to is a lot less than Earths.  I suppose it's entirely possible that there's another planet out there with a weaker graviational pull yet has trees.

376298[/snapback]

The question is, what type of trees could survive the thin atmosphere and radiation of a planet that has such a weak gravity.

Wait, didn't the VF-0 have some form of armor? I forgot if it was stationary or managed to hover.

376304[/snapback]

They were fighting on Endor.