What IF Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato teamed up?

UN Spacy

Would it be worth your time and collection space?

Is it possible that they could come up with a better product than Yamato's 1/48 VF-1 series?

What could each company contribute to make this the BEST DREAM Valkyrie ever?

lol is there anything starwars can't explain?

324174[/snapback]

What the heck was up with Episodes I, II, and III? ;) <ducks and runs like hell...!>

324176[/snapback]

George Lucas likes to go after your childhood some astroglide and a chainsaw.

back on thread

Perfect varible valks that look great in all modes, and that fly themselves around your room. They also start to colonize other rooms in the house, and destroy any other toys.

Is it possible that they could come up with a better product than Yamato's 1/48 VF-1 series?

324172[/snapback]

We all can dream right :lol: . I may have a wet one :o .

324172[/snapback]

1. Defenitely worth my time, space, and money.

2. I think the only improvements to be done on a 1/48 would be:

a. anything better than chicken hands

b. slightly narrowed chest width

c. thicker arms

d. line art transformation sequence (no swing bars)

e. removable nosecone emergency escape capsule.

d. non-removeable intake covers

e. better hip and shoulder mobility

f. sliding pilot seats (would slide up in battroid mode)

g. VF TWO SEATER VARIANTS

h. Taka/Bandai durability and construction with diecast parts

i. ....................

3. Contributions:

a. Hasegawa decals and details

b. Yamato interpretation of line-art

c. Bandai construction and tampo printing

***d. Banpresto style interchangeable heads

***e. Takatoku (defunct) style packaging, would be the icing on the cake!!!

NB4M :):):)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

NB4M :)  :)  :)

324184[/snapback]

I KNEW I was forgetting something. :p

"What IF Bandai, Hasegawa, and Yamato teamed up?,"

now if you got mcdonald douglas and lockheed martin involved I'd be really impressed :rolleyes: . Just imagine what skunkworks could do!!!!!!

now if you got mcdonald douglas and lockheed martin involved I'd be really impressed :rolleyes: . Just imagine what skunkworks could do!!!!!!

324194[/snapback]

McDonald Douglas? Um it was merged with Boeing. And if Skunkworks produce a VF, it'll be a damn ice multirole fight craft.

324194[/snapback]

McDonald Douglas? Um it was merged with Boeing. And if Skunkworks produce a VF, it'll be a damn ice multirole fight craft.

324216[/snapback]

they did team up i think the plane is calle the f/a-22 Raptor

Of course, what you could end up with is something with a model kits fragility, Yamatos quality control, and Bandais love for Macross over Gundam (i.e. none).  :p

324209[/snapback]

ROFLMAO......and spitting coffee everywhere. :lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I've heard all month and so true as well. :p

Graham

I would like to see expensive versions of the banpresto valks. Make them tougher, better limbs, more detail, (landing gear, able to carry missiles etc) slightly larger, increased posability and articulation,

and then make a bunch of enemy mecha for them to fight in the same scale. I've always wanted something like that..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Of course, what you could end up with is something with a model kits fragility, Yamatos quality control, and Bandais love for Macross over Gundam (i.e. none).  :p

324209[/snapback]

That's the most likely prospect in my view, with knowledge of how the aerospace or plastics industry usually works. We'd end up with a chunky, lithe, and flashy little number I think. Think MPC :p

To be honest, I'm bored of the VF-1 after 23 years of VF-1 toys and models from Takatoku, Imai, Arii, Bandai, Yamato, Banpresto, Hasegawa and Toynami (not to forget all the various garage kits as well).

There's more than enough VF-1 toys and models out there already damn it! If Bandai were to release a PG kit of a mecha from Macross I'd prefer they did something different like the YF-19-FP, VF-2SS w/SAP, VF-17D-FP or Full Armor VF-11C.

Graham

yeah! and how about a VF-6 with the VFB-9, the so called Alpha & Beta fighters?

i think we can all agree that Yamato has covered the aethetic element on these figures, especially the 1/48s.

i think if all three companies were to do a joint effort, then a little more details with the panel lines will be great and most important, poseability ... and the ability to hold poses ... maybe a combination of industrial silicone rubber and metal alloy joints that can be tightened with hexagon screws for joints...to hold all the armor and weapons you can strap on these machines.

and, be able to do poses like the "RAH" model figures ... and even go beyond that by exaggerating some parts to accomodate poses.

Poses!

Alright, I want a full 2-up 1/48 transformable model tomorrow in the board room by 8 am...meeting ajourned...blam! (slamming a keg of brew).

There's more than enough VF-1 toys and models out there already damn it! If Bandai were to release a PG kit of a mecha from Macross I'd prefer they did something different like the YF-19-FP, VF-2SS w/SAP, VF-17D-FP or Full Armor VF-11C.

Graham

324397[/snapback]

I agree. The VF-2SS w/SAP would be a sweet deal. I'm sure the pricing would kill me. But what the heck, I'm a fanboy to the core. B))

yeah! and how about a VF-6 with the VFB-9, the so called Alpha & Beta fighters?

324405[/snapback]

Are we confusing Macross with Robotech again? Toynami is making a Beta, and they've already got all four manned Alpha variants released (Though with dubious quality control)

And I agree with Graham; we need less VF-1 and more VF-4, VF-5000, VF-17D/S, and YF-19FP.

324209[/snapback]

ROFLMAO......and spitting coffee everywhere. :lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I've heard all month and so true as well. :p

Graham

324333[/snapback]

After several months of splattering coffee over my own monitor reading posts here, I'm glad I was able to spread it around - thanks, Graham!

(and just to set the record straight, I have three Yamatos - including a first release VF-1A - and love 'em to bits... )

Heck, if those three companies could be brought together to create an ultimate version of the beloved Macross Mecha, why not forego a rehash of the 1/48 scale and go straight to a 1/32 version of all the smaller VFs. Imagine the possibilities for "accuracy", gimmicks, poseability, display value, for 1/32 renditions of the VF-1 series (all variants), VF-4, VF-5000, VF-11, and VF-17. :blink:

They could also collaborate on 1/48 versions of all the larger fighters.

They'd be shelf hogs, extremely expensive, have little to no play value due to size, and worth every bit...Dream on :rolleyes:

I would like to see expensive versions of the banpresto valks. Make them tougher, better limbs, more detail, (landing gear, able to carry missiles etc) slightly larger, increased posability and articulation,

and then make a bunch of enemy mecha for them to fight in the same scale. I've always wanted something like that..

324346[/snapback]

know how you feel abit. I want an updated version of the 1/100 valks.

324346[/snapback]

Ahh, now you're talking. I always thought the other valks were too big. I like the overall proportions of the Banpresto, but they're just cheap.

Nothing more fun than doing barrel rolls with 1 hand and twirling them around with your index finger and thumb in fighter mode to mimmick the acrobat maneuvers seen in the show. :D

Try that with a 1/48 with fast packs and see if something won't break due to all the stress from the weight. Maybe that's more realistic but less "anime physics". But who care about realism when you're playing around? heh

Now if you were to make say an enemy mecha like qrau with super posability and stuff with lots of detail, (little micromissiles) and make these collectible and sturdy, then that would be great. They'd be cheap enough to collect, good for display, and easy to hold. But posing them would be easier too, and you can cover a lot more from the tv series than just valks.

(eg a group of destroids, monsters, maybe release zentradi giants in armor and even zentradi fighter pods could be done up in this scale to create a war scene - this would be the mecha eqivalent of those little "micromachines" toys, complete with little plastic bases and buildings to add to the scene. I loved these as a little kid.)

Now im thinking...........IF these three company WERE to team up and produce the ultimate VF-1 blah blah blah..........would there be enough profit go around??

If these three were to team up then i forsee

Hasegawa - In charge of Proportions

Bandai - In charge of Materials

Yamato - In charge of Perfect transformation

Now how's that sound?

Without a doubt now though..the most detailed VF-1 would be the Club M or G-system one

I know we've seen so many VF-1's already but I'd like to see a 1/48 or 1/32 Perfect Grade VF-1.

The detail would be incredible, removable panels, internal skeleton, actuators and so on... Everything we can expect from a Perfect Grade!!!

Plus it's really fun to build :)

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I know we've seen so many VF-1's already but I'd like to see a 1/48 or 1/32 Perfect Grade VF-1.

The detail would be incredible, removable panels, internal skeleton, actuators and so on... Everything we can expect from a Perfect Grade!!!

Plus it's really fun to build :)

324738[/snapback]

I agree and I wish for it or at least a Master Grade ver.

That's what i'm talking about! Who else can say it better than Alex. Thanks bro!

324172[/snapback]

1. Defenitely worth my time, space, and money.

2. I think the only improvements to be done on a 1/48 would be:

a. anything better than chicken hands

b. slightly narrowed chest width

c. thicker arms

d. line art transformation sequence (no swing bars)

e. removable nosecone emergency escape capsule.

d. non-removeable intake covers

e. better hip and shoulder mobility

f. sliding pilot seats (would slide up in battroid mode)

g. VF TWO SEATER VARIANTS

h. Taka/Bandai durability and construction with diecast parts

i. ....................

3. Contributions:

a. Hasegawa decals and details

b. Yamato interpretation of line-art

c. Bandai construction and tampo printing

NB4M :):):)

324184[/snapback]

324194[/snapback]

If those two McDonald Douglas and Lockheed Martin actually teamed up to build a Valk I'd join the military just to fly it. :rolleyes:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet