How many are you buying? -- Yamato 1/60 VF-0S

Chowser

How many are you going to get?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. How many are you going to get?

• 10+ (only Godzilla and kensei to pic :) )
    • not sure

Probably zero. The VF-1 is my first love so I can't imagine anything better...

Have to see the finalized product to decide. The VF-0 looks gangly and awkward to me. It has some advanced features but these would have been better implmented in the VF-1 IMHO.

And to think they have a carrier fighter with main gear doors like that still makes me chuckle. Those things would get smashed on the first trap. :)

Where exactly do you all buy these new releases? I've only bought off ebay.. Is there anyway to "officially" buy one?

326037[/snapback]

You can purchase them online at a number of different places, all of whom supply official products. Websites like Valkyrie Exchange and Hobby Link Japan are just two examples of legitimate dealers who have been online for years.

I'll get the S and the D if it comes out.  I really just want an SV-51, though.

326454[/snapback]

Why do I think if Yamato were to come out with a SV-51, they will stuff it up?

327955[/snapback]

If they get someone like Nishikawa (the guy who designed the 1/48) to do the sculpt, everything should be good and dandy. I've got confidence that they won't screw up the SV-51.

But do you realize that a 1/60 SV-51 is going to be huge. I've got the Hasegawa 1/72 SV-51 and VF-0S and the SV-51 absolutely dwarfs the VF-0.

Graham

I'll get the S and the D if it comes out.  I really just want an SV-51, though.

326454[/snapback]

Why do I think if Yamato were to come out with a SV-51, they will stuff it up?

327955[/snapback]

If they get someone like Nishikawa (the guy who designed the 1/48) to do the sculpt, everything should be good and dandy. I've got confidence that they won't screw up the SV-51.

But do you realize that a 1/60 SV-51 is going to be huge. I've got the Hasegawa 1/72 SV-51 and VF-0S and the SV-51 absolutely dwarfs the VF-0.

Graham

328932[/snapback]

In my view, if they can pull off the Koenig with minimal complaints, then I can trust them with a 51. Price-wise, though... Nnnng... I really DID NOT like the news of just the 1/48 GBP parts costing more than an actual Valkyrie, and thus I am not looking forward to the price announcement of the Zero... let alone a 51. :(

I wonder if they'll just lessen the scale for practical reasons? (like they constantly change the size of hands to suit the overall look of the toy, disregarding proportions for that instnace)

Does it really matter that everything in the series is exact in scale? If they were to release an octos or something I wouldn't care too much if it matched the size of every other toy to do with macross zero.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wonder if they'll just lessen the scale for practical reasons? (like they constantly change the size of hands to suit the overall look of the toy, disregarding proportions for that instnace)

Does it really matter that everything in the series is exact in scale? If they were to release an octos or something I wouldn't care too much if it matched the size of every other toy to do with macross zero.

328944[/snapback]

Yeah, Octos would definitely rock!!

Just browsing through a Hobby Japan magazine, September Issue and I see numbers in the article for the 1/60 VF-0S to be 33 cm in battroid mode. Damn, that's tall...close to 2.5" inches taller than the 1/48!

Can someone else confirm?

Damn, imagine the SV-51!

Graham, how much longer is the 1/72 SV-51 compared to the VF-0S?

328944[/snapback]

It seems to me that Yamato will choose any scale that lands the final prototype at ~30cm.

I would hope that they would keep the SV-51 in scale with the VF-0S, should they decide to make a SV-51.....which I would hope that they would, I am sure that the thing would be tight and many people would go bonkers over it.....but that would come at a (probably) steep price, which I would be willing to pay in a heart beat for a chance to own a VF-0S and a SV-51 in scale with one another in perfect transformation!!!

Twich

I would hope that they would keep the SV-51 in scale with the VF-0S, should they decide to make a SV-51.....which I would hope that they would, I am sure that the thing would be tight and many people would go bonkers over it.....but that would come at a (probably) steep price, which I would be willing to pay in a heart beat for a chance to own a VF-0S and a SV-51 in scale with one another in perfect transformation!!!

Twich

329767[/snapback]

Yes it will be great if they can have it in perfect transformation.

Just browsing through a Hobby Japan magazine, September Issue and I see numbers in the article for the 1/60 VF-0S to be 33 cm in battroid mode. Damn, that's tall...close to 2.5" inches taller than the 1/48!

IIRC, I thought 33cm was the length given for the figher mode of the 1/60 VF-0S, not the height of the battroid mode. Anyway, whether it's fighter or battroid, 33cm is still bigger than the 1/48 VF-1.

Graham, how much longer is the 1/72 SV-51 compared to the VF-0S?

I'm not at home now so can't measure my Hasegawa kits, but the Macross Compendium gives the full size measurements of the VF-0 and SV-51 as follows (VF-1 length thrown in for comparison).

VF-0 length in fighter mode = 18.69 m

SV-51 length in fighter mode = 22.77 m

VF-1 length in fighter mode = 14.23 m,

So we can see that the SV-51 is slightly more than 4 meters longer than the VF-0 and a whopping 8.5 meters longer than the VF-1.

Graham

• 4 months later...

i might buy two more. i initially said one, but i keep looking at it and would like to get one for each mode for display. but i'll have to see how funding works out since i preordered the garland and the stealth and low vis 2.