New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

No way, it does look like you can't angle the feet! :(

I knew this couldn't be perfect. I just hope the "forgot" to angle the feet for the photo shoot...

368013[/snapback]

Well maybe the bevels in the feet make it so you don't need them to angle...

Somebody convince me that Yamato will be able to Tampo print 4 straight tailfin skulls, and they'll have my money.

Edited by ghostryder

Well maybe the bevels in the feet make it so you don't need them to angle...

Somebody convince me that Yamato will be able to Tampo print 4 straight tailfin skulls, and they'll have my money.

368020[/snapback]

Still, I have my fingers crossed on this. I really love that feature in my 1/48s

I can live with a crooked skull tailfin, but feet that does not angle really hurt me :(

Edited by vlenhoff

I can deal. crooked jolly rogers don't bother me.. the feet thing...

I'm thinking they can pivot... if you look at some of the pics from the akihabara thread the foot appears to be pivoting... maybe someone in japan could saunter down over and take a closer look?

Edited by eugimon

Well, you can't really see the feet completely in those pics from the akihabara thread. Plus, it is standing on glass, which makes it harder to really determine if the feet are bent or not.

Maybe, when you pull the feet outwards, it will allow you to angle them. As you can see that extra piece just above the feet would probably make it difficult to have an angle while the feet are fully openned/extended.

The important thing is that this a wonderful toy, and I'm glad I pre-ordered two of them.

edited grammar once more.

Edited by vlenhoff

I don't think the feet angled that well on the 1/48's either. Its not that obvious. Maybe its the same for the VF-0. In any case, its minor. ;)

One thing that does bother me though is the seam line down the middle of the thigh. Don't know why they decided to join it from the front instead of the side, like the 1/48s.

the pitot tube is the little tube that sticks out from the nose of the VF-0 in fighter and gerwalk mode.....

368001[/snapback]

Thanks. Now I understand.

Pitot tube: An instrument for measuring the relative speed of a fluid. Let's remember that air is a fluid that is less dense than water.

In aviation is that protuberant, antena looking tube in located in an undisturbed, unobstructed area of every aircraft.

Regarding the VF-0S this tube is located in underneath its nose, and it is removable to avoid its breakage.

368003[/snapback]

Thanks to you as well. Much better understanding now. I don't think that it is removable just because of breakage, but because of kids and the danger of stabbing yourself several times while transforming....

Looks great so far, how many variants are there of the VF-0S? And do you guys think hoping for a set of reactive armor is asking to much?

368009[/snapback]

Officially? Just one. I'm sure that Yamato willl find a paint scheme to milk it though.

No way, it does look like you can't angle the feet! :(

I knew this couldn't be perfect. I just hope the "forgot" to angle the feet for the photo shoot...

368013[/snapback]

The feet do look like they angle slightly, but I think that it is poor compared to the 1/48.

I wonder if the VF-0s arms are capable of a full flexion position like the 1/100 scale Gundams?

Edited by kensei

The painted missles, the articulation, the aesthetics, they've got a winner on their hands with this one. I'm gonna wait till you guys start recieving your orders to hear about the quality before I order. Just to be safe.

I think if we do get another it'll undoubtedly be a VF-0A since the only new tools they would need is a new head. And it lends itself to possibly 2-3 repaints alone(CF, Shin, other CF with bunny logo).

I was just wondering about the pilots.

Shouldn't the 1/60 VF-0S pilot be smaller in scale in-line with the rest of the 1/60 VF-1 series.

Just a observation... :p

367911[/snapback]

I don't think the 1/60 VF-1 pilots are a good measure of the 1/60 scale. When the 1/60 VF-1 was originally made, it didn't come with any pilots. The pilots were an afterthought, contorted to fit a cockpit that wasn't really designed to accomodate a pilot.

I think it's safe to say that Yamato had pilots in mind since the inception of the 1/60 VF-0.

Hey I think the pics are of a PRODUCTION VERSION~!! Look at the closeup of the cockpit section and the kite symbol, do you see the EDGES!!?

Other than that its a damn fine looking production model. The sooner I hear good qc reports, the sooner I put my order in!

This sucker costs a lot I hope yamato uses all the proft they get from this on a SV-51 and VF-0D. Nothing like a 2 seater! 2 seaters ROCK and it would be the FIRST 2 seat yammie on the market~!!!!

And it wouldn't hurt if someone like Tenjin did the box art...but then again I think im dreaming again. Darn it.

Since 1/55 is close to 1/60 im gonna make this be buddies with my bandai reissues. KICK ASS!~

And it looks like a better toy than the 1/48. Definitely a progression. And PAINTED MISSLES!~

Wow, did anyone notice the clear LCD display on the top of the control panel inside the cockpit? Wow, I wich the 1/48 TV versions had this feature.

368031[/snapback]

Thats the HUD, the feature isn't there on the 1/48 because the VF-1's HUD is projected onto the canopy instead of a small screen.

Good Lord. I'll have to stop counting freckles for this one...

As always, thanks for all of the homework, Graham...

Edited by myk

Very impressive and all---now why can't they do a YF-19 like this?!?!

Also--I still plan to hold out for a VF-0D. The standard VF-0 is still too close to a VF-1 for me.

Side note since it's come up so often: Pitot is pronounced "pee-toe". It's French. Not "pit-ot".

Until I saw that last series of pictures, I wasn't really considering getting this toy, but now I don't see how I could pass it up. I hope they make the D model too.

I agree with David Hingtgen: Why can't they do this with a YF-19?! It was my search for a YF-19 that lead me to this site BACK IN 2002! <_<

WOW!!! Cool mainpage update Graham! That got me by surprise!

I am thinking now that the pitot tube is made out of vinyl. Its softer than PVC, and for something that small might be able to take the brunt of damage. What I DO like is how it can be rotated 180 degrees.

I am glad they are tampo printing more integral liveries, I only wish the kite symbols on nose and intake warning signs were tampoed as well, but I do understand how difficult it might be to accomplish.

And I hope the test shot went well for yamato, less kinks to iron out for them!

I've just added a page on the 1/60 VF-0S to the main site.

The release date for the toy is still scheduled for April 2006.

I can confirm that the toy in Akihabara is NOT a final production version.

It's a test shot from the molds to check if any parts need modifying, before production goes ahead.

Graham

368334[/snapback]

WOW!!! I saw the update on the main page and was curious who was updating things. I haven't kept up with this thread but this is very interesting info indeed.

So many questions which are probably answered elsewhere in this thread but I don't have time to go digging for them now...

1. Graham, does this mean you are back in contact with Yamato? If so that is great news. If not where is all this inside info coming from?

2. Am I to assume you have this pre-production version? If not who? The pictures that aren't from Yamato's web site have to be coming from some where.

3. Anyone know how the place in Akihabara got a pre-production version?

I'd understand if some of these question maybe couldn't be answered in public but they sure make me curious. Either way... its so good to see Macross World getting this kind of info again. Now if we could just get Shawn back...

Carl

1. Graham, does this mean you are back in contact with Yamato?  If so that is great news.  If not where is all this inside info coming from?

2. Am I to assume you have this pre-production version?  If not who?  The pictures that aren't from Yamato's web site have to be coming from some where.

3. Anyone know how the place in Akihabara got a pre-production version?

Carl

368417[/snapback]

1. Yes.

2. No I don't have one..............yet!

3. Yamato gave it to them.

Graham