New "Macross Plus" US edition in June

Splash

Announced recently, Manga Ent. will package and release the entire Macross Plus OVA as a set. Read this:

www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=1001

Looking forward to spending money!

Splash, out.

I already bought the OVA and movie, It would take major extra's for me to even think about buying them again. :blink:

Utterly useless. Remaster the movie and give it proper softcoded subtitles (no need to bother with a dub), sell it for $20 or thereabouts, and then you'll have my attention.

Word. It looks like I'll be hanging onto my old VHS tapes for a while longer.

40 dollars! I don't think so Manga. They prolly got the idea of a box set from the Paul Champagne dvd boxes.

Yeah. That has to be it. Otherwise box sets are unheard of.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

If you don't own a copy it will be your chance to own one.

Uh. Yah. Cuz they are hard to find. :lol:

shh i get a commission for each one I lure somebody to buy one. ;)

Damn, I want that job...

Just post a link at robotech.com, and advertize it as a Robotech 5000 box set.

Edited by JB0

If you don't own a copy it will be your chance to own one.

Uh. Yah. Cuz they are hard to find. :lol:

shh i get a commission for each one I lure somebody to buy one. ;)

Damn, I want that job...

Just post a link at robotech.com, and advertize it as a Robotech 5000 box set.

Now THATS funny! :lol:

Look at it this way, at least it's no longer the $80 version that was both OVA disc's & Macross II (no sign of the movie edition either) that was advertised last year. For this release, Manga could have just as easily bundled both disc's in 1 double disc case with a new cover for 19.99/21.99.

Edited by Keith

It's too bad Macross Plus is not receiving the special edition treatment that was given to other Manga titles like Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll. I would have thought Mac+ being one of Manga's early successes on video release would merit a proper edition with all the bells and whistles. Since I already own the DVDs, I won't be purchasing this set.

I already own Volumes 1 and 2 of Macross Plus on DVD, but not the Movie Edition as of this typing, so unless Manga added new features (i.e., 16x9 widescreen, HD-compatibility), I'm not interested.

Otherwise, I can always order the Region-1 Macross Plus Movie Edition elsewhere.

It's too bad Macross Plus is not receiving the special edition treatment that was given to other Manga titles like Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll. I would have thought Mac+ being one of Manga's early successes on video release would merit a proper edition with all the bells and whistles. Since I already own the DVDs, I won't be purchasing this set.

Macross Plus basically put Manga on the map, didn't it? It was the first time I ever heard of them, I remember seeing their booth at a con in NYC with Macross Plus stuff all over it (the first time I had actually heard of Macross Plus), and was like, WOAH, what's this?

Macross Plus was the only DVD release Manga's managed to get out (for the most part) correctly. Sure the video's a little dark, but there are no visable layer changes, audio qualities fine (although the dub audio was glitched on the first release of the disc's), video doesn't "look" like it's a straight VHS dump (as the movie edition & II do), etc. It was all down hill from there.

It's too bad Macross Plus is not receiving the special edition treatment that was given to other Manga titles like Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll.  I would have thought Mac+ being one of Manga's early successes on video release would merit a proper edition with all the bells and whistles.  Since I already own the DVDs, I won't be purchasing this set.

Macross Plus basically put Manga on the map, didn't it? It was the first time I ever heard of them, I remember seeing their booth at a con in NYC with Macross Plus stuff all over it (the first time I had actually heard of Macross Plus), and was like, WOAH, what's this?

I agree. I was of the understanding Macross Plus was one of Manga's premier titles and contributed greatly to their early success and continued earnings during their formative years as a company. All my friends who enjoyed anime at the time all owned VHS copies of Mac+ and the videos were the mainstay of all the local hobby shops.

Meh. I need a copy of the OVA, but if I can find it cheaper from the old release, and this new release doesn't feature anything new, then I'll get the old DVDs that are still floating around.

Macross Plus was the only DVD release Manga's managed to get out (for the most part) correctly.

I dunno Keith. I've got their release of Castle of Cagliostro, and I have no complaints.

Honestly, haven't checked their Cagliostro release, but I'd be highly surprised if it doesn't have an ill placed layer change.

And here's another vote against the Plus dub cast!