Stickered, decaled, naked

1 VF-1 2NV

OK who displays their valks naked (unstickered)?

How about stickered?

And who has theirs decaled?

Or who has a combination of 2 out of 3 or all 3 (eg. stickered & unstickered, stickered & decaled, unstickerd & decaled, or stickerd & unstickered & decaled)?

And last but not least... They are imprisoned in their boxes :lol: .

Just curious :rolleyes: .

OK who displays their valks naked (unstickered)?

How about stickered?

And who has theirs decaled?

Or who has a combination of 2 out of 3 or all 3 (eg. stickered & unstickered, stickered & decaled, unstickerd & decaled, or stickerd & unstickered & decaled)?

And last but not least... They are imprisoned in their boxes :lol: .

Just curious :rolleyes: .

Hey Man! great topic! HOWS ABOUT MAKING A POLL out of this?

I'm interested to know how much of the fans are puting sticker or decals or leaving their valks naked!...... because all my valks a nekid; the results might help me make up my mind. :p

My first 1/48 (Hikaru VF-1A) was somewhat stickered.

My other two are naked and they'll stay that way.

Yamato stickers aren't that great. Plus I'm too lazy to cut out all those Takatoy decals.

:lol:

Limited stickers (UN Spacy, numbers (011, etc.) that's about it.

If I had the Anasazi or Takatoys decals I would have decked them out more, but I haven't felt like spending the money to get those. The time to cut them all out nicely is another factor.

Eventually maybe. Then I can convert Hikaru -1A into a -1S. I bought the recast head but never used it.

I'd never put decals on a toy, as IMO toys are for playing with and I find decals too prone to scratching, especially on transforming toys.

I usually apply stickers, but only the essential ones. I very rarely use every sticker on the sheet.

Most of my 1/48 VF-1 toys for example, have just the UN Spacy emblems, squadron numbers and Skull emblem on the FAST Packs. I seldom bother applying all the small fiddly stickers like the 'beware of blast' or 'no step' stickers, as I think the toy looks good enough without them.

The only toy I have completely stickered up in recent memory has been the Toynami MPC Alpha, as I think it looks much better with all the stickers applied.

Graham

For me, stickering a toy = ownership. No one else will do it exactly the way I would, mistakes and all. I've been enjoying this part of discovering a toy's design since the 80's when I encountered Takatoku's INSANE amount of detailed stickers for Orguss and Macross toys. Finding ways to curve a sticker nicely over a rounded surface has been one of the biggest challenges to-date. "MIB" is overrated.

I usually apply stickers, but only the essential ones. I very rarely use every sticker on the sheet.

Most of my 1/48 VF-1 toys for example, have just the UN Spacy emblems, squadron numbers and Skull emblem on the FAST Packs. I seldom bother applying all the small fiddly stickers like the 'beware of blast' or 'no step' stickers, as I think the toy looks good enough without them.

my thoughts exactly :D

I apply the minimal amount of stickers needed, the numbers, kite, spacy etc. the rest is too tiny to make it work my while to stick on only to fall off while I'm handling the valk.

Yohsho Posted on Apr 25 2005, 10:25 PM

I apply the minimal amount of stickers needed, the numbers, kite, spacy etc. the rest is too tiny to make it work my while to stick on only to fall off while I'm handling the valk

Having used TAKATOYS on all 4 of my 1/48's, I've come to find out that to prevent any peelings from occuring, using a miniscule amount of glue on each decal was needed. I know using this would kinda defeat the purpose of having to buy/use decals, but look at it this way, would you guys rather buy an adhesive for a buck or buck-fifty OR waste an entire set of $10+ decals :blink: ? Glues that are used for building model kits, seem to work well. But I'd stay away from Crazy Glue. It seems to leave a gummy-like residue that'd mess up the decals. :)

Sorry to say--imprisoned in boxes these days, unstickered (except if I got them second hand, in which case it's whatever the previous owner stuck on).

Someday I'll sticker them up, hopefully with Takatoys stickers. Just not in the mood right now.

Most of my 1/48s are still in their boxes. Many of the ones I have on display are naked, but a few have Takatoys' stickers applied. My first one, a Roy 1S, has the stock stickers carefully trimmed and applied. I've got some of Devin's decals, but have yet to use them. One of my Low-Viz has a few small stock stickers mixed with Takatoys'. The colors don't match perfectly, but they're so small it's not really noticeable.

Most of my 1/60s have the stock stickers on them (applied by the previous owners since many were purchased second-hand), but a few are still naked. I've got some of Takatoys' 1/60 stickers, but I've been too lazy to apply them. One of these days when I get industrious, I hope to get stickers and decals on all of my valks.

Except for the Toynami MPCs, that is. I put stickers on the Roy and the Jack because those are the only two that I display. The rest stay in their boxes between the bookends.

pretty much however I got them. If they had stickers/decals applied then thats how they sit. If they came with an unused decal sheet, the sheet stays mint. I know how much an unapplied jetfire sticker sheet is sells for and lord knows I'd rather use repro stickers on a jetfire thats not mib. Granted... I very much look foward to the time when my customs are ready for some repros from "anasazi" [probably spelt wrong].

whats really fun is saving up all the stickers from a bunch of toys and covering a 7" destroid from head to toe with whatever you can find :blink: ... at least thats what the guy I got a majority of my loose collection thought aparently :blink::blink: At least the macross stuff almost made sense compared to the "hello kitty" insignia's on the battlesta ships :rolleyes:

I usually don't sticker my vehicles. I've always felt that a clean, naked look would make alot of things more appealing; like my avatar, for example...