What is lying on your workbench?

Can anyone guess what I've been working on? :D

It's taken me almost a year to get this far...  But it's a project I've been wanting to do for a long time now.  It was originally planned for the 1/55, in fact  :p

381204[/snapback]

Stampede Valyrie ?!?!

That the Revell Germany kit?

PS--don't worry, none of the kits in my current stash will be finished this decade most likely.

379538[/snapback]

Yup! The ugly not quit good detailed Revell kit.

nothing special just wanted you guys to known what won't be finished untill the end of humanity.  :D

379509[/snapback]

Is that putty or panels? :p

379575[/snapback]

Panels.

Can anyone guess what I've been working on? :D

It's taken me almost a year to get this far...  But it's a project I've been wanting to do for a long time now.  It was originally planned for the 1/55, in fact  :p

381204[/snapback]

Stampede Valyrie ?!?!

381438[/snapback]

No it's a pair of FASTpacks for a VR-1 JR/AR :D

No it's a pair of FASTpacks for a VR-1 JR/AR  :D

Actually, it's gonna just be the SR initially. I may do the AR and JR heads after it's done though.

It's going to be a conversion kit for the Hasegawa valks, and will be compatible with both the fighter and battroid kits :)

And the Stampede Valk... Believe me, I've thought about it. It's just too damn complicated. It's too far beyond my current skill level.

Right now, I'm starting work on the Revell 1:72 F-14D. It's the reboxing of the Revell of Germany kit, and it comes with a little book about Navy fighters (1950ish to presentish). I can either build it as the Vandy-1 (although, without the bunny on the tail... BOO!! ) or as a plane from VF-213 Black Lions. I might be leaning towards an aftermarket decal set though...

Kit looks crisply engraved, and is very modular; and the fit is somewhat ok (wings are somewhat warped). If it weren't for the lack of parts, I could build an A or a B out of it (different beavertail, cockpit, engines etc).

Apparently, this is suppposed to be one of the better tomcat kits out there. Although, I think David could clarify further.

Hey guys, All the mechs except the Uller are my scratchbuilds to go with my Armorcast kits. I got the Uller from a guy who casted up his own scratch. I doubt you could get anymore but I'll ask.

I actually have been thinking about casting some of my mechs for sale but not sure where to start. Any advice?

I know there's something missing in the Revell F-14D kit that makes it not quite a D, but I can never remember what--they change the parts in every boxing. I think it's the engine fairings (and perhaps shrouds too) for that one, and the cockpit or seats. Only F-14D's "accurate enough for the F-14-loving nitpickers" are the Hase kits. Revell's the best of the rest though, as D's go.

BTW----I just got my Hase YF-19 kit. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Hi!

I've just bought myself two 1/144 kits. One VF-17S Stealth and VF-19 Fire. They seem simple enough, though it's been a while (10 years or more) since I last built a model. So I thought I'd warm up a bit :)

There's a slight problem, although these kits are easy to assemble, I don't read Japanese (I think it is). Is the stealth model supposed to be black? It's moulded black, but on the box it is painted dark blue with lighter blue details. On the instructions it looks black. I'll be thankful for any help with this.

Btw. I've read all 40 pages and looked att all the very nice pictures (phew). I feel a slight envy :)

If I can figure out how to take good pictures with my new camera and how to add them here, I will.

ChaosWarrior

Newbie from Sweden

Edited by ChaosWarrior

Hey guys, All the mechs except the Uller are my scratchbuilds to go with my Armorcast kits. I got the Uller from a guy who casted up his own scratch. I doubt you could get anymore but I'll ask.

I actually have been thinking about casting some of my mechs for sale but not sure where to start. Any advice?

381906[/snapback]

There's a manual somewhere around these boards about recasting. I have no expercience what so ever in recasting anything but if you're up to it .... LMK I would love to get my hands on a Hellbringer Falcon style ofcourse :D

381906[/snapback]

Your scratchbuilds are impressive man, wow!

If you want to get them cast I suggest you get them done for you. There's several people on this board and on SSM that could do it expertly.

Lookin' good LTSO. You have been busy!

Are you going to stick with the animated look or will you be fleshing it out more realistically? I'm just asking because it looks like you could go either way with it at this point. Great work.

have an SV-51 that i've been sitting on for awhile. Still a newbie at this stuff

384027[/snapback]

Then do something different with it.

384127[/snapback]

I was thinking about doing mine with a blood red base rather than the magenta but beyond that I dont know. Is there a pattern or scheme out there that would lend well to the red? White stripes? Black patches? Yellow flames?

Any thoughts guys?

Guest Bromgrev
I was thinking about doing mine with a blood red base rather than the magenta but beyond that I dont know. Is there a pattern or scheme out there that would lend well to the red? White stripes? Black patches? Yellow flames?

Any thoughts guys?

384323[/snapback]

White stripes is good. B))

post-2852-1143454234_thumb.jpg

Finally my other1/16 Gepard AND my 1/9 scale M1A2 have arrived. The M1 is larger than the area on my workbench . I have a full weekend of tanking ahead of me since i have to do an acceptance inspection and field trial of both units.

Well, I'll chime in and show you guys my current projects. I'm building two Macross Zero models together; a VF-0A w/ booster and a VF-0S. I'm using WMCHENG's excellent writeups as a guide. As they say, "imitation is the best form of flatery". Only thing is, his models are leagues above mine. In the background are the following: VF-0D, YF-19, VF-1A super, and a VF-1S. There are also a pair of Tokyo Marui 1/24 RC Tanks w/ full functions (they shoot :p )

Enjoy the pics and be nice! ;)

wMTIxNTQzMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIxNTQyNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIxNTQyNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIxNTQzMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Edited by specr0101